Page 5 of 152 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Version 1.04 Grand Preview

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: CoW Team News Patch 1.4 mini preview

Quote Originally Posted by Bardin Gorimson View Post
    I hope that a lot of bugs will be fixed too, like CTD turn 54 and after batlle.
    Now I'm going to say this for the last time so please everyone look and read this carefully because I'm not going to say it anymore:

The CTD's are not the problem of the original mod. The Russian version is CTD free, the CTD's have something to do with the translation files, probably something is missing or not fully translated so the game gets buggy.

Now I hope I mad my self clear on this topic for the final time.
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.

On totalwar.org.pl one of the players wanted to test out his theory and played the Russian version only and he had several CTD. So there is a problem somewhere but it's hard to tell where exactly.

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Thrawn View Post
    On totalwar.org.pl one of the players wanted to test out his theory and played the Russian version only and he had several CTD. So there is a problem somewhere but it's hard to tell where exactly.
    I have played the Russian version until turn 80 without any CTD's.

Ok, I lie. I had one at the very beginning on the selection menu.
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.

maybe you played but something bug is where we have some special action in some turn. for example i had in 23 rund when i want to battle on battelfield, not automatic. after this round i hadnt still this problem on 24,25 etc round.
    i tested this on english and russian version
    Last edited by kauczuk; March 15, 2010 at 04:37 AM.

Anyone have the Russian text files that they could put up for download? I have Holy Pilgrim's torrent, so I don't have them.

Also I noticed that there are some big differences between how much translation there is in the text files for the torrent, and Beregond's. The torrent translation is not as complete.

I've gotten numerous CTD's with the Russian version before I ever downloaded the translations. Fortunantly, I save constantly.

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

stop this offtopic!

isilendil,

No one is trying to say bad things about the mod. I think we all love it. This is by far the best mod I have played, hands down. However, the ctds, whatever their root causes, make it unplayable. So I envy those who can play without ctds. Since I can't (and I also tried the russian only version), I am reading these threads with a lot of interest and hoping these issues are recognized and will be addressed in the upcoming patch. I don't consider airing these concerns flaming.

You guys have spoiled me. I can't play the grand kingdoms or TATW mods anymore.
    Last edited by boatie; March 15, 2010 at 12:39 PM.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Isilendil is just trying to say, that this thread is not designed for such kind of discussions. Go to the bugs forum, or to the translation thread

but here it's offtopic

SHREDDER's Avatar Creator CoW, TATW, WF&S

Kislev Ice Mage
    3Dmodeller for Call of Warhammer Third Age With Fire and Sword 2 Hetmanat

Bes
    t Ukrainian site and forum Sich TotalWarS totalwar.fun/board/

Great work! =)

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by SHREDDER View Post
    Kislev Ice Mage
    Guys, all this arguing only means that we miss and fail to appreciate the awesome progress of the mod, I mean, LOOK IT'S TEH ICE-DOODZ.

IMO all this mages will destroy the balance for races that dont have mages, becouse, for example, Dwarfs in fact have very good protection from magic (becouse of runes) but there is no way to show it in the mod and they'll die just like the others.

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDwarf View Post
    IMO all this mages will destroy the balance for races that dont have mages, becouse, for example, Dwarfs in fact have very good protection from magic (becouse of runes) but there is no way to show it in the mod and they'll die just like the others.
    dwarfs = best siege engine - unbalance? dont make me laugh

First: I'm going to say that there has been some confusion. I NEVER said that CTD's were the fault of the COW MOD. I only denied the belief/assertion that the Russian version does not have them and only the English version does. This "statement" is complete BS and should be treated as such. The reason is quite simple: Probably 98% of any CTD issue you have with this game is the fault of the game or your drivers and not the MOD. I have CTD's with Kingdoms vanilla and so do alot of people. Some folks can't even play the game and there is nothing wrong with their systems, their hardware, or their drivers. The game is simply as stable and a two-legged dog on ice, black ice at that, and it's an issue that CA has ignored since 2006. They would rather stick their heads in the sand and pretend it is not an issue than tackle the problem, and now that problem persists with Empire:TW and the response is the same.

So I'll say it for the record: If you get CTD's with COW, COW is likely NOT your problem. M2TW is. I've actually gotten fewer CTD's with both versions of COW than I have in an average game of equal length in M2TW vanilla or Kingdoms vanilla so maybe COW actually fixed some of those issues. I have no idea.

The only thing I requested as far as fixes to be included in the patch are those involving empty event cards, event cards that double post information, cards with "no placement string", event cards with text that run off the card onto the rest of the screen, and empty building descriptions. Next thing I know, everybody freaks out. I get belittled and spoken down to, which I hate, I get my posts deleted, and I get a dozen PM's from people who support my arguements ( Thanks guys! I appreciate it ) but don't say so on the forum where the support would be more effective...

Second: I'm very disappointed that the reaction to a person who does not just automatically lavish you with praise, but rather honestly questions you, is to have her posts deleted in a effort to silence those questions. It not only weakens my confidence in the team, but lowers my opinion of it. I'll say it again, as I said in my post on the "Suggestion" thread: You guys need a dedicated Public Relations person to handle these things, because despite whatever other talents you have, you aren't capable of handling PR on your own.

Lastly: I do admire those talents and the vision that brings them together. I just hope you guys don't become like SEGA and CA.

Illuminato's Avatar Civis

I know u r very opinionated but this is not the place to discuss problems in such extent , also this is a free mod which means they are doing this for free also and as such they have no obligation to answer ur questions or even discussing them, now their kind enough to have a suggestions and other very helpfull threads ,
    on the other hand this yes is a place where u do "kiss their butt" because well they deserve some praise.

They are awesome.

hick09's Avatar Miles

The only thing I requested as far as fixes to be included in the patch are those involving empty event cards, event cards that double post information, cards with "no placement string", event cards with text that run off the card onto the rest of the screen, and empty building descriptions
    maybe it will be included.
    Second: I'm very disappointed that the reaction to a person who does not just automatically lavish you with praise, but rather honestly questions you, is to have her posts deleted in a effort to silence those questions. It not only weakens my confidence in the team, but lowers my opinion of it. I'll say it again, as I said in my post on the "Suggestion" thread: You guys need a dedicated Public Relations person to handle these things, because despite whatever other talents you have, you aren't capable of handling PR on your own.

we aren't company we are simply a group of fans of warhammer and we haven't time to answer diffirent silly questions. Also we don't like people who anly can talk and make suggestions and who do nothing.
    so stop make flood int this thread

Kaliaeth,

As you know, I was one of those who PM you. I don't think the COW team needs a PR person, I think we need to be more understanding. If there are problems communicating, I believe its about language and culture. Non-English speakers have a harder time understanding tone, so they will not know when they said something that, to them, seems perfectly reasonable, but it is interpreted as being offensive or insulting by a native speaker.

My attitude is that this is not my mod. If there are problems, I thought the team needed to know. I have shared such concerns. If the team thinks there has been too much of this, we need to stop. If the mod does not work for me (and it hasn't), and the team cannot fix such problems for whatever reason. That's cool. I will simply stop playing the mod. I am glad it is working for lots of people.

i am sure it is in their own interest to have as polished a game as they can. that said, i just wanted to say "hi" and "amazing job ur doing here" and maybe add "i am really looking forward to this patch features"