Page 4 of 152 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: Version 1.04 Grand Preview

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Default Re: CoW Team News Patch 1.4 mini preview

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliaeth Chillblade View Post
    I am really happy to see this new update!

I also hope that the new update fix many of the annoying errors there are, such as buildings and events lacking descriptions and errors with the event cards, etc. Are translations going to be added in this update. For those of us who can't read Russian, it's hard to know what is happening with many events and ancillary additions and such.

I'm very excited!
    What do you mean when talking about events, mate? I've translated all the events long time ago (just the welcome message is left)

I haven't figured out still whether the translation is causing CTDs or not, bbut some members seem to have CTDs with the transl, others don't

of course the translation of the new patch will most likely be ready in time

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Vampire

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by isilendil View Post
    Vampire
    Oh? So they will get penalty in daytime and big bonus at night? Very nice touch!
    Last edited by Werebear; March 14, 2010 at 07:01 AM.

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzmosis View Post
    Oh? So they will get penalty in daytime and big bonus at night? Very nice touch!
    yes, they have -10 command at daylight

Night goblins too
    Last edited by Werebear; March 14, 2010 at 07:10 AM.

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

Night goblins too
    Nice.
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.

Night goblins too
    Wicked!

I can't wait to see the Ice Magician if they're added. I saw a pic of the current queen of Kislev on lexicanum and I must say she's kinda cute. :XD

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    What do you mean when talking about events, mate? I've translated all the events long time ago (just the welcome message is left)

I haven't figured out still whether the translation is causing CTDs or not, bbut some members seem to have CTDs with the transl, others don't

Is it possible that the translation may not be causing the CTDs? I haven't tried it yet because I can't read Russian, but if someone would tell how the game plays without the translation. If many people who read Russian were to play without the trans and it still causes CTD then it wouldn't be the translation.

I noticed that some files have a lot of commented out lines in them. Even though Medieval 2 is supposed to ignore them I can't help but think that it still reads them and maybe thats causing a crash. Like, maybe, it reads them but doesn't implement them but they still can cause CTDs? Also another theory of mine is that the game is freaking out over the fact that there is two or three files with similar names but this probably isn't it either as I know for a fact Medieval 2 needs a exact match when looking for core files.

I don't know just some theories of mine.
    Last edited by Beregond; March 14, 2010 at 09:07 AM. Reason: double post

Great! I cant wait.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Trolls and others!!! But what about ogrs??

Guidrion's Avatar Miles

Great job.

Trolls and others!!! But what about ogrs??
    They're already in(well the basic ones).

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

In patch 1.03 is event when they arrived on barracs?? And what about magic I didn't see that in this patch??

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliaeth Chillblade View Post
    I really appreciate the feedback on my post, seriously. At least someone read it

However, I doesn't matter to me if anyone but the mod team agrees with me or not. I don't require that kind of validation. I've worked on alot of mods for many games with several teams, so I can tell you about what happens to mods "long-term". Content only drives a mod so far, and this mod has plenty of it already. I'm not saying for one second they shouldn't add more. I'm only saying that I hope they aren't ignoring the error-solving, bugs, and polish for the sake of content. I know from experience that most mod teams do, because noone wants to deal with the problems that are created. You want to talk about what gets harder later? Polishing a game and correcting errors gets harder as you add more content. That should be obvious to anyone, because there is more to deal with. And another modding fact: The longer these things go without getting done, the more likely they will never get done as people lose interest, get sucked into other things, lose patience because things aren' getting fixed.. and the mod dies a quiet and lonely death like the 93% (according to Gamespy) of mods that came before it.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying. I guess I think of game-crashing errors seperately from polish. When I talk polish, I mean stuff like missing/incorrect descriptions or minor things that either don't look good or don't work as they should. IMO any game-breakers/CTD's are top priority, since you want people to keep playing the game

I don't have any modding experience to speak of, so I don't know how things work from a programming perspective, I just know that when I create worlds as a DM in D&D I find it much easier/better to get the basics pretty fully fleshed out before I start polishing, so not sure how much that applies here.

I think you always have to strike a balance between fixing, polishing, and new content, and I think it helps a lot when you have an active dev team and an active community, both of which this mod seems to have. Anyhow I'll be excited for the new patch both for the polish and the new stuff!

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Mages are in patch 1.03?? And i didn't see the dark elves in the map.

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

Turn 54 is script issue. Not related to translation.

Random loading screen crash is not translation related either.

death of multiple enemy generals bug (does not affect most death of enemy armies, but not random either) may be translation related but not sure.

Those are the three biggest bugs that have been consistently acknowledged by enough players to establish it is widespread and not due to individual error in modding or mistakes in installation.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Champion View Post
    Turn 54 is script issue. Not related to translation.

Random loading screen crash is not translation related either.

death of multiple enemy generals bug (does not affect most death of enemy armies, but not random either) may be translation related but not sure.

Those are the three biggest bugs that have been consistently acknowledged by enough players to establish it is widespread and not due to individual error in modding or mistakes in installation.
    Thank you for the excellent summary of ctds, Valiant.

+Mr.Crow+'s Avatar VIVERE MILITARE EST

thx guys...you are fantastic...this mod it great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS:when have you planned to release this patch?i don't want the release date and i don't want to be rude...ONLY A SPECULATION ABOUT THE RELEASE PERIOD....NOTHING ELSE...
    BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 Co-Director
    PERSONAL PROJECTS: CSUR || WARWAGON

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

Night goblins too
    That's an awesome idea! Are you guys gonna reskin/replace the mounts for the Blood Dragon Knights while you're at it?

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar and death View Post
    Mages are in patch 1.03?? And i didn't see the dark elves in the map.
    Then you have a problem. Did you install the game correctly?
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.

I hope that a lot of bugs will be fixed too, like CTD turn 54 and after batlle.

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post

I'm still seeing several events in my Empire and Dwarf game that aren't translated, including increase/decrease of traits, ancillaries, names, etc. But this isn't what I was talking about. I was refering to event cards that are empty or have "No string" on them, or with text that runs off the card onto the main screen, etc.