Thread: Broken saves problem

gumby7's Avatar Civis

Default Broken saves problem

Hey. I thought I'd try the custom campaign for the first time as Georgia. At turn 5 I declared war on that small nation to the north (Duregestan or something). At turn 7 I captured it. When turn 8 loaded, the mouse was unresponsive but the keyboard still worked, so I quick saved. I quit using ctr+alt+del and when I reloaded the game both my saves on turn 8 were broken and CTD'd during loading the saves.

I tried to attach a rar of the save files. Its 24 mb but it keeps getting stuck on sending request. If you want the files let me know how I can get them to you.

Thx,
    Gumby7

gumby7's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Broken saves problem

problem fixed... its very strange. When I went to start a new custom campaign, I found that the custom campaign button in the launcher was starting vanilla ETW (thats following when I had to exit with ctr+alt+del). I reset the script and it now starts DMUC again and the saves work.

Does exiting using ctr+alt+del cause this problem? If it does it would definitely be good to mention this in readme encase anyone every has to use this for any reason.

Thx,
    Gumby7

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

Because you haven't close the game as required - scripts get lost so you enter the vanilla version by next start - this also happen if you just shut down the power of a power break at all!
    After such users have always to reset or reinstall the scripts!

That is a normal issue and procedure - so be sure you always quit the game over the launcher!

gumby7's Avatar Civis

Thanks for the info Syntax. That info seems so vital for any person who suffers a crash or power loss, that in my opinion it should be in the readme or user manual.

Thx,
    Gumby7

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

It is already IIRC-in the Troubleshooting, but I shall make sure.