Thread: Armats?

Default Armats?

So i was looking through the Aragonese roster and noticed that Armats (the Aragonese version of chivalric knights) has been replaced by men at arms which is actually available to all factions.

But I'm assuming they are the same stat wise and everything, and this is just a generalization to save up unit slots?

Default Re: Armats?

Yep, i checked and if you use cheat console and type in "Create_unit settlement_name Armats" you'll get Men At Arms. Doable for ANY faction so yea they re replaced.

Sorta answered my own question here i guess. But while we re discussing aragon once you accept knights of Montessa guild will you still be offered santiago and vice versa. Montessa's good for roleplaying and AP but javelins already do the trick and santiago seems to have better stats.

I'm pretty sure Dismounted Montesan Knights outclass Dismounted Santiago ANY day. I think they have almost same attack values, except Montesans still get the AP... which is slaughter time.

You start with a Montesan chapterhouse in Valencia, so you'll never get a Santiago offer. Even if you destroy it, I don't think you will. If you capture a Portuguese city/castle that has a Santiago chapterhouse you can then recruit Santiago Knights from that location.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

There are the normal men at arms (armats) and italian men at arms which are slightly more heavily armoured.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Redhawkdown View Post
    Yep, i checked and if you use cheat console and type in "Create_unit settlement_name Armats" you'll get Men At Arms. Doable for ANY faction so yea they re replaced.

Sorta answered my own question here i guess. But while we re discussing aragon once you accept knights of Montessa guild will you still be offered santiago and vice versa. Montessa's good for roleplaying and AP but javelins already do the trick and santiago seems to have better stats.
    You can't have both, but you can easily make both available.
    Go to export_descr_building.txt in your SS data folder (I hope you know where that one is?)

Search for Montesa, somewhere in the first level guilds code there is a line exclude blah blah blah Santiago chapterhouse. Remove it. Now do the same for the Santiago chapterhouse.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.