Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [Discussion] 1000 things we learned from BC

fox991's Avatar Civis

Default Re: 1000 things we learned from BC

114- KoJ was very powerful

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

115 - The medieval Greek/Roman army had very skittish infantry but almost god-like cavalry.(Compare this to their ancient ancestors for irony lolz.)
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Quote Originally Posted by siegeram View Post
    107 - BC is the greatest and the best mod for medieval 2

Harith's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by the celt View Post
    115 - The medieval Greek/Roman army had very skittish infantry but almost god-like cavalry.(Compare this to their ancient ancestors for irony lolz.)
    I know right? But I still kicked their butt, they had 45 stacks, 35 elite, and I defeated all of them with just 10 stacks

(Anatolia especially sivas is filled with heroic victories because this was their rally point until 1240 where I started to push forward)

fox991's Avatar Civis

116 -javelin beats elephants

Quote Originally Posted by Harith View Post
    I know right? But I still kicked their butt, they had 45 stacks, 35 elite, and I defeated all of them with just 10 stacks

(Anatolia especially sivas is filled with heroic victories because this was their rally point until 1240 where I started to push forward)
    I assume you played as the Turks? Yeah try fighting the Greeks when you're under house rules not to use Ottoman era units until you take Constantinople. Horse archers are your best bet except against those damn kavalaroi(sp?) lancers who I've faced as not only the Turks but Armenia and Koj and the heavy cavalry of all three get massacred by these guys! Greek heavy infantry though? Just hit em in the back with some decent medium cavalry and your general and they run for the hills!

I assume you played as the Turks? Yeah try fighting the Greeks when you're under house rules not to use Ottoman era units until you take Constantinople. Horse archers are your best bet except against those damn kavalaroi(sp?) lancers who I've faced as not only the Turks but Armenia and Koj and the heavy cavalry of all three get massacred by these guys! Greek heavy infantry though? Just hit em in the back with some decent medium cavalry and your general and they run for the hills!
    nope the abbasids, I have Arabia and 3/4 of the Middle East under my control, Georgians are now the strongest and stacking armies at my borders (even though the Romans control the kypchak territory and are way weaker than me, weird??)

The real thing that is killin me is that the Egyptian are way too passive and cannot push the Koj without my financial support cuz the computer is too dumb to understand that spammin diplomats and leaving 2 makuria citties is just plain stupid.

btw, have u noticed "the mean" title appears when ur character doesnt even have the trait "mean"?

117. Turks are not arab

nope the abbasids, I have Arabia and 3/4 of the Middle East under my control, Georgians are now the strongest and stacking armies at my borders (even though the Romans control the kypchak territory and are way weaker than me, weird??)

The real thing that is killin me is that the Egyptian are way too passive and cannot push the Koj without my financial support cuz the computer is too dumb to understand that spammin diplomats and leaving 2 makuria citties is just plain stupid.

btw, have u noticed "the mean" title appears when ur character doesnt even have the trait "mean"?
    Yeah some of my most chivalrous characters get that for some reason.
    Last edited by Slaxx Hatmen; October 14, 2011 at 12:44 AM.

mAIOR's Avatar Senator

Well, regarding the Roman infantry, I say the Varingoi and their merc counterparts are probably the best early infantry in the early game. I use RBRR mod so that may change a few stats but those guys can cut through anything thanks to their armour and their AP axes. THey are one of the most beautiful units in game to boot

118 - Eastern Roman Empire has one of the best armies in the early game.

Cheers...

The Varangoi were the exception that proved the rule in most of my battles. Still, they were nothing next to those Kavalaroi!(sp?)

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Yeah some of my most chivalrous characters get that for some reason. I'm sure Wudang will figure it out if not I'll investigate it as I have something of a project planned for BC.
    Epithet "the Mean" is given to a character with "Miserly" trait, and both describe ungenerous person.

There is one of triggers of that trait:
    Code:
    Trigger dad_generous
        WhenToTest CharacterComesOfAge

Condition FatherTrait Generous >= 1

Affects Miserly  1  Chance  50 
        Affects Generous  1  Chance  10
    If character's father has level of "Generous" trait equal or higher than 1, there's 50% chance (pretty high) that he will receive the "Miserly" trait upon coming of age. Apart that, there is 20% chance that character will advance in this trait while under siege, and there are few more triggers for this trait to develop.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post

Epithet "the Mean" is given to a character with "Miserly" trait, and both describe ungenerous person.

There is one of triggers of that trait:
    Code:
    Trigger dad_generous
        WhenToTest CharacterComesOfAge

Condition FatherTrait Generous >= 1

Affects Miserly  1  Chance  50 
        Affects Generous  1  Chance  10
    If character's father has level of "Generous" trait equal or higher than 1, there's 50% chance (pretty high) that he will receive the "Miserly" trait upon coming of age. Apart that, there is 20% chance that character will advance in this trait while under siege, and there are few more triggers for this trait to develop.
    Alright thanks

mAIOR's Avatar Senator

The Varangoi were the exception that proved the rule in most of my battles. Still, they were nothing next to those Kavalaroi!(sp?)
    Kavalaroi? What about those cataphracts??? Sure they are more expensive and harder to recruit but you gotta love the sheer destructive force that one of these units brings to bear.

Cheers...

Thing is the Cataphracts are much slower than the Kavalaroi and around the same strength in melee. My Turks could easily run circles around them and wear them down before a mass charge disposed of them.
    Probably should get back OT

119- The Abassid Caliph not only restored themselves but managed to reconquer most of the their old empire without much trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    117. Turks are not arab
    and Persians not Arabs too

fox991's Avatar Civis

120- Mongols army contains a lot of archers

matmohair1's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ALFAJI View Post
    and Persians not Arabs too
    121 - Persians are not Arabs

122 - Saladin, the Ayyubids & Mamluks where not Ancient Egyptians - l0l !
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Saladin Shrine

Last edited by matmohair1; October 16, 2011 at 04:18 AM.

123: Contrary to real life experience in Glendale, California (los angeles), Armenians will never make an alliance for you, not even a tacit one, and not even for a short while, not even if its to defeat their greater foe, and not even for 30,000 florins gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard13 View Post
    123: Contrary to real life experience in Glendale, California (los angeles), Armenians will never make an alliance for you, not even a tacit one, and not even for a short while, not even if its to defeat their greater foe, and not even for 30,000 florins gold.
    You made an alliance with some Armenians for $30,000?