Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Paladins

I like the crusaders! Very nice and simple.
    Där man däckar får man ligga!

Senator

Default glad i could help

hey shogo glad i could help here is a link to some arab/saracen models.
    http://www.soldiers-russia.com/new_s.../near_east.htm

thanks saladin these are very helpful. I probably won't finish the mini mod for a while. I'm pretty busy with other projects but I will definately do it.

Senator

oh btw shogo is this mod a fantasy mod or a crusade mod? either way it will be sweet

Here are my suggestions. Would like to see them implemented, but they're your models, so you don't have to.

1. For the Paladin, return the face of the helmet to the original Corinthian helms (I like the plumes though it could probably be modelled some more so that it curves more smoothly).
    2. The neck guards for the Paladin would be nice. The fur would look nice too.
    3. Add the scabbard and belt on the Paladin as well as the Crusader, but make the size somewhat similar to the sword that they're wielding (a longsword probably won't fit into a really short scabbard) and switch the scabbard to the left side (a longsword, unlike the Roman short sword, probably can't be taken out of the scabbard if the scabbard is on the same side as the sword arm).
    4. I was wondering if you could be more creative with the Paladin shield in terms of shape. Also, in my opinion, a lack of symbols (as in the eagle on the helmet or the symbols on the shield) would make the Paladin seem more indescreet. A shield of solid colors would make the Paladin look more like a simple warrior than a full-blown leader, in my opinion.
    5. I really like the cape on the Paladin, but hopefully you can extend the back side to the same lengths as the side pieces (instead of being shorter).
    6. Finally, with the Paladin being so heavily armored, may I recommend switching the boots which look like leather and make one big metal boot and grieves? Same with the hands. Instead of being unarmored, why not had a big gauntlet?

Those are my suggestions. Once again, I'd like to see them implemented, but it being your project, you've got no obligations to oblige. I just hope you agree with my logic.
    Most importantly, thanks for hearing me out.
    Last edited by PegasusHoplite28; October 23, 2005 at 11:41 PM.

saladin: its going to be a mix of both fantasy and realism. I will definately add historically accurate units but I'll also add fantasy ones if it enhances the gameplay....
    Yes, It will be inspired by the crusades.

pegasus: thanks for your constructive critism and I totally agree with every point you made. However this Paladin was a product of me exploring the limits of what I could do with 3ds max and the total war engine.....
    it was also a product of letting my imagination run free. But these are old pics and I have totally revamped the paladin which will probably be used in my mod.

Also all of you should check out the mod Pax Romana. I'm part of that mod team now as a Modeller/Skinner. It has great potential yall should check it out! here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36154 Enjoy!

Senator

Nice to hear that your skills are not only going be used in just 1 mod but 2! I downloaded Pax Brittania and loved it so i am definitely looking forward to Pax Romana. Good luck! oh and i hope you add the paladins to your mini mod!
    Last edited by Saladin; October 24, 2005 at 02:24 PM. Reason: addition

So I'm sort of curious where you plan to go from here, Shogo. Are you going to continue posting changes here and ask from critiques or are you going to work on these models through your minimod, or are you finished as is?

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

As I undertand it this project will continue, but he is currently busy with Pax Romana. As you can see in our preview, his work for the mod is already great.. :original:

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Actually... since there are already like two other mods focusing just on the crusades, I might just scrap the idea and keep releasing individual units.....
    This is not my final descision tho....

Senator

Well, whatever you may decide, good luck on both projects!

I cant view any of the pics, says ''Bandwidth Exceeded''
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji

sorry about the exceeded bandwidth.....
    here are some wips of the crusaders I've done.....

regular crusaders:

templar knights:

hospitaler paladins:

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Wow, those are really nice...

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Your templar knights look very nice. You are definitly improving.

thanks for your comments... here are some improved paladins but still not finished.
    gave them a mace, larger shield, and plume...
    need to add armour to the legs and hands....

Last edited by Shogo; October 27, 2005 at 08:50 PM.

paladin with longer back cape and hammer....

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

Your Paladins reminds me of the Inqusitors from the warhammer universerse.
    Nice to see some fantasy influence on the units for a change.
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

Senator

Warhammer rocks. and so do those paladins. Everytime you put something out shogo, it looks better than the previous. Great job!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast