Thread: Mods for Russian army

Default Mods for Russian army

Where are mods for Russia, and russian army ???
    I can't find them. But i know they are here somewhere.
    Can you help me ?

georider's Avatar Tiro
    ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΑ, Macedonia, Thessalonik, HELLAS

Default Re: Mods for Russian army

Well In AUM there are some units add on and I will work on then in retexture with the help of @swiss the author of AUM who actually making the units construction

It does make me sad to see the plethora of British and French mods, and the large number of Prussian mods, and even the minor state mods...but hardly any Russia mods, and the two reskins I know haven't seen any updates in a while.

If somebody decides to do one, let me know and I can do some advising. I would really like to see justice done for the Russian faction.

georider's Avatar Tiro

It does make me sad to see the plethora of British and French mods, and the large number of Prussian mods, and even the minor state mods...but hardly any Russia mods, and the two reskins I know haven't seen any updates in a while.

If somebody decides to do one, let me know and I can do some advising. I would really like to see justice done for the Russian faction.
    We are working on that , I have the needed references and @swiss also is working something on that be passion .
    As start I must revile some plans I will re texture the AUM units when @swiss fix the names , also I have in plans some participating nations with Russians Like Greeks and Vlachia ( Romanians) etc etc !
    Last edited by georider; May 09, 2010 at 06:52 PM.

If someone could provide me with decent 1805 era russian uniform references I would gladly do a Russian unit pack.

georider's Avatar Tiro

Thanks for the info I will include some in my new version 1.4 since the one that I'm uploading 1.3 is a bug fix for the British and mod compatible with other mods.

What mod are you creating ?

Those are splendid, looks like Russia is next

I can't wait. Let me know when it's finished !!!

georider's Avatar Tiro

The retexture and new units are up . Look at my thread

You have bad texture and if you can made Russian mod, you must have russian consultant for uniform.

georider's Avatar Tiro

You have bad texture and if you can made Russian mod, you must have russian consultant for uniform.
    Actually thanks, I just used the color mask not make re texture , It's short of mix models or whatever . But according to my resources from Osprey and other publications the units are accurate . Also The sacred band ,the Greek unit that I have include I have post that this was a unit from 1821 ,and I made it as a favor to some friends ,basically this is a Greek unit that I have also add it on Russians to test and be playable . If you can be more specific then I will also can answer with more details.
    thanks for the notification , please next time post in my topic as well

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=358540

I have begun mine, only a single guard regiment is posted.

georider's Avatar Tiro

@OrelImperia nice links , I wish I could understand Russian . But I know all these , there is also in some other places these references but also some good ones are in Osprey books.
    @General Cornwallis have made a very good and accurate work as far as the existing meshes allowed him to do that.
    My general question here, is : what you want ? Re textures and new regiments ,new units? @Swiss include some in his aum that I have retexture , @bar07 also have done an excellent work on his mod etc etc . My point is without understand the demand (units, proposals etc etc ) I or the other authors can not satisfy your wishes

If you want to do historical can say that your models are a bit wrong. I not who do not want to offend or swear at. I maximally want to help you.

georider's Avatar Tiro

@OrelImperia , there is no problem on that my friend , I do what I can due to the staffs we have from the game (variations Meshes etc etc ) . I will keep an eye and I know that the game also have mistakes in Russian uniforms like Hussars .
    Maybe on the other hand you just want the uniforms to look like as the where before 1809. The fact is that CA make some of the uniforms special in some elite regiments to be as the ones before that year and the majority of the other units to look like the those of the Grand campaign (kiwi schako etc etc) . I will try to do as I can.Thanks again I will take all these in mind.
    PS here is also a very good and accurate approach of the hussars regiments http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...78#post7358578
    Last edited by georider; May 18, 2010 at 09:01 AM.