Thread: Does the AI use cannister shot

Default Does the AI use cannister shot

I know cannister has been changed to a much more effective double shot, but I don't think the AI uses this. This means that the human player has a huge advantage in sailing close and unleashing the cannister double shot and wade through the single round shot that the AI uses. Its a bit of an exploit. If I restrict myself to using round shot then battles are very tough because I'm unable to damage the enemy very much. Maybe the cannister shots should be altered?

Default Re: Does the AI use cannister shot

squatlover: in new version there is better balistical effect portrayed - damage is higher at close range, and smaller at long range - so - at range under 40% of max range guns deal 1.5x more damage, at 80% they deal just 0.5... so solid shots cause a lot of damage from short range too, canisters and doubleshots are good too, but AI is not at that big disadvantage if he fires solids instead...

Jam also I never run out of ammo with line infantry or better units, I dunno bout history on that but is that the way it was in real at that time? just asking.

norm was 60 rounds per soldier,for example French Infantry had 35 rounds ready and another 25 in reserve in their bags.