Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: DotS Progress Report

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Default Re: DotS Progress Report

Quote Originally Posted by brennas View Post
    Well, as we are going to release the mod tomorrow, who cares about an update of the thread?
    That's a classic 'lolwut' moment.
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Here this might be interesting for you impatient types. I made a render of the DotS map using the height map created by Resurrection with satellite data. The difference between land and water is not accurate but everything else has the exact same relative relationships as the real world.

EDIT: Below sea level depressions in the land are also exaggerated because they show up as water on the height map.
    Last edited by sumskilz; November 18, 2010 at 08:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Beautiful map! I would + rep you if I could, but for some reason it won't let me

What are you guys going to do with Africa by the way? Since you go all the way to Mali, will you show Timbaktu, and perhaps other Malinese/West African city states?

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Beautiful map! I would + rep you if I could, but for some reason it won't let me

What are you guys going to do with Africa by the way? Since you go all the way to Mali, will you show Timbaktu, and perhaps other Malinese/West African city states?
    Yep as city states. Africa will be corridor based according to major trade routes providing additional benefits for controlling them to represent the wealth flowing from sub-saharan Africa to north (homeland) of the factions there.

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

Horatius Flaccus's Avatar Biarchus

It's really beautiful! +rep

I see you have implemened many small islands, especially in the Aegian... Are you putting PSFs on those islands?

Colos

dowdpride's Avatar Decanus

as i have med 2 on steam are you planning to make it easy for steam users to use?

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

I copied that picture and started doing borders for different factions that will be in DotS and I even started planning first moves in my Bohemia campaign. Damn this is so sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Colos1987 View Post
    I see you have implemened many small islands, especially in the Aegian... Are you putting PSFs on those islands?

Colos
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by dowdpride View Post
    as i have med 2 on steam are you planning to make it easy for steam users to use?
    I don't know anything about the steam version. It seems like some of the features we want to have like changing faction names and symbols might not work, but I really don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    Yep
    Cool, thanks

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

nice dude!

This is superb! Love the details! (Finally -- islands in the Aegean as they should be represented!) Thanks for this--the ultimate teaser.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Very very very nice !
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

I'm happy to see that Iceland and the northern parts of Fennoscandia are going to be included.

To further update on the progress with the map (from last log of the SVN):

Map Update: new heightmap, all proposed PSFs added, corrected locations of all settlements using their real world positions, revised rivers, updated names of regions and settlements (reference names should be final now).

However a lot is yet ahead and its speed will depend on the speed of our researchers. If it's not sufficient I will probably open some research requests for public as well.

Here is some compiled map featuring rivers, regions (not all borders are final yet), settlements/ports and psfs (green dots designating correct location but the actual PSF location might be slightly different due to limitations such as that PSF can't be on the river or next to each other etc.). See the attachment.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Awesome! + rep.
    Edit: I'll have to spread some first.
    Edit2: Did so.
    Last edited by JorisofHolland; December 02, 2010 at 12:26 PM.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

Recon's Avatar Decanus

I may have a few suggestions if you could upload a bigger map, I fail to see the locations of the PSF's

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    I may have a few suggestions if you could upload a bigger map, I fail to see the locations of the PSF's
    It's the maximum size the map files allow. It is also PNG format so it does not suffer from scaling distortion and thus you can download it, open it in windows image viewer (or anything else) and zoom in and out freely without loss of detail.

Subuatai de Bodemloze's Avatar No rest for the wicked
    50 degrees, 26.2 minutes North, 119 degrees, 12.4 minutes West

Is that the final version Res? I will restart the flash map then...

the HRE regions look good
    but for Saxony Lüneburg should be the capital because the Dukes (Billunger until 1106) resided there - why take Bremen ??