Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: DotS Progress Report

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: DotS Progress Report

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    For more detailed map status:

Fine-tuned (= regions, borders, settlements, geography and roads) is done: British Isles, Scandinavia and Iceland, France, Iberia, Italia, Central Europe, Balkans
    to be done: Africa, Middle East, Anatolia, Baltics, Finland, Russia, Steppe (many of these areas however are far easier than very delicate Europe)

Post-processed (= psfs, resources etc.) is done: British Isles, Scandinavia and Iceland, France
    to be done: Iberia, Italia, Central Europe, Balkans, Baltics, Finland, Russia, Steppe, Anatolia, Middle East, Africa

If you wanted to contribute by research of either historical geography and or PSFs/resources we will be opening the local research centre for fans to help with the development directly from here!
    What specifically do you need most? I can see what I can find in the Uni libary if I get a minute

Signature made by Joar

First you'd need to understand I work on the map and in what format I need the research for it. Then you could start looking the stuff up. Not sure if I am willing to make this development public though as people are extremely unreliable (no offense). But if you want to apply and become the member I'd give you small test and if you pass you can help the mapping (the test is more test of will rather than skill).

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

So how often do you guys update?
    [signature]

Quote Originally Posted by WAR monger View Post
    So how often do you guys update?
    Well on the first post it says that their last update was September 7, 2010. Which is kind of disappointing considering that its already been more than 3 months, I'm sure it must be over 45% done by now, am I correct in saying that?

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Well on the first post it says that their last update was September 7, 2010. Which is kind of disappointing considering that its already been more than 3 months, I'm sure it must be over 45% done by now, am I correct in saying that?
    Well we have been doing some work since September 7th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

You can see for yourself that Cedric has done our UIs for us and made us a rather sexy mini-map. There has been further progress but it hasn't been published so you will just have to lose sleep over it.

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

I believe it was said that we would update the first post of this thread roughly 4 times a year, so we are probably due an update at some point soon but you can see that we've had plenty of previews since then.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

dowdpride's Avatar Decanus

hey guys, i am a follower of the mod and it looks AMAZING!! i just baught a very VERY powerfull comp and was wondering if you needed beta testers. this mod looks very promosing and since i cant do anything technical (yet) i would love to help in any way possible

Quote Originally Posted by dowdpride View Post
    hey guys, i am a follower of the mod and it looks AMAZING!! i just baught a very VERY powerfull comp and was wondering if you needed beta testers. this mod looks very promosing and since i cant do anything technical (yet) i would love to help in any way possible
    Well, we have lack of modellers, I think

Quote Originally Posted by Copperknickers II View Post
    I believe it was said that we would update the first post of this thread roughly 4 times a year, so we are probably due an update at some point soon but you can see that we've had plenty of previews since then.
    So you ARE going to update the first post soon? Because that would be really nice to know how far you came from 33%
    But out of curiosity, how far do you guys feel that you've come since september, an extra 15-20% perhaps, or more?

To be honest (and don't get very enthusiastic) the mod is very close to alpha testing stage. Almost nothing is truly finished but with one important exception everything is under development and finishing means "adding content" rather than setting up files to work in DotS as intended. However that exception is still EDU coding which proved to be more difficult than we had anticipated. Once EDU is properly started and units for at least some factions coded in the DotS will enter playable alpha stage ready to be tested. Development then will be almost exclusively about adding more content we want to have prior to the first release. So it's not really that much about overall percentage. With some luck we might be recruiting alpha testers by Christmas.

Note: Alpha means that the mod is fully playable (all mechanics etc. are done) yet far from finished in terms of finished content.

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

Baerke Hinn Gauzki's Avatar Senator
    I have absolutely no bloody clue. Somewhere in Sweden I THINK...

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    To be honest (and don't get very enthusiastic) the mod is very close to alpha testing stage. Almost nothing is truly finished but with one important exception everything is under development and finishing means "adding content" rather than setting up files to work in DotS as intended. However that exception is still EDU coding which proved to be more difficult than we had anticipated. Once EDU is properly started and units for at least some factions coded in the DotS will enter playable alpha stage ready to be tested. Development then will be almost exclusively about adding more content we want to have prior to the first release. So it's not really that much about overall percentage. With some luck we might be recruiting alpha testers by Christmas.

Note: Alpha means that the mod is fully playable (all mechanics etc. are done) yet far from finished in terms of finished content.
    ..... So you mean that Christmas will actually be worth waiting for this year??????
    Will someone in the community get a extra nice present this year??????

can anyone update the first page?
    How much progress has been made since then?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu Of Belgium View Post
    Read the other posts on this page, especially Resurrection’s post from earlier today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Good news !
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Jimmy-j's Avatar Civis

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeett.
    Anyhow I know there are many wonderful Christmases to come.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

I would like to be an alpha tester.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Baerke Hinn Gauzki's Avatar Senator
    I have absolutely no bloody clue. Somewhere in Sweden I THINK...

Quote Originally Posted by Deutscher Kaiser View Post
    Perhaps your day will someday come associate..

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Deutscher Kaiser View Post
    And who wouldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu Of Belgium View Post
    Well, as we are going to release the mod tomorrow, who cares about an update of the thread?