Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: DotS Progress Report

TuCoT's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: DotS Progress Report

Ah, thanks man. Just what I want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Copperknickers II View Post
    The first post of this thread was 3 months ago, granted, but we are about to release numerous promo stuffs so we don't have time for updating our percentages every 3 weeks. We have progressed since this thread was posted, if that's what your worried about.
    Ho ho ho This sounds really great. Can't wait for the new previews.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

We are entering into early Alpha stages now. Tech tree needs cleaning up and we still have a lot of work to do on the EDU placeholders and traits. But when we have a complete map with hyistorically correct start date characters, population levels and tech levels we will probably release the campaign in test form.

Quote Originally Posted by knight_12 View Post
    Ho ho ho This sounds really great. Can't wait for the new previews.
    Yeah. I agree

Jimmy-j's Avatar Civis

Best news in years. Go Dots team.

TuCoT's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    We are entering into early Alpha stages now. Tech tree needs cleaning up and we still have a lot of work to do on the EDU placeholders and traits. But when we have a complete map with hyistorically correct start date characters, population levels and tech levels we will probably release the campaign in test form.
    Glad to hear this! Good luck friends.
    Last edited by TuCoT; August 31, 2010 at 03:47 PM.

Gooooooooooooo!
    You can do it!!!!!

kaiser1993's Avatar Senator

thats the best thing ive heard all year

Jizzed in my pants.

This mod is going to be AWESOME

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

We are just about adding PSFs now, and it looks really exciting. The world looks actually populated for the first time in any TW map I've ever seen- populated with actual civilisations, and I'm realising that it has finally made real our old plans of control points. The PSFs act as secondary settlements, if an enemy holds them in your region it will cause you to lose money and law, so you will have to conquer and hold the entire territory. Equally so, when you now invade a region you will have to take all the PSFs not just the capital (settlement) so one region is going to be a full campaign. Factions will no longer expand within 20 turns, it will be slow and hard. Also, PSFs give the oppurtunity for factions to hold small parts of a region making control much more complex and realistic, even mirroring history. PSF titles will allow income, which means that not only can you deprive your enemies of law and income in a region when occupying PSFs, but you can actually enhance your characters with command points, authority, piety but also... earn money!
    I assume we may leak some map screenshots of preview soon
    Last edited by Hengest; September 04, 2010 at 07:50 AM.

TuCoT's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    This mod is going to be AWESOME
    Awesome? Awesome is an incapable word for this mod.

Really? Exciting news!
    Last edited by TuCoT; September 04, 2010 at 07:54 AM.

Senator

We are just about adding PSFs now, and it looks really exciting. The world looks actually populated for the first time in any TW map I've ever seen- populated with actual civilisations, and I'm realising that it has finally made real our old plans of control points. The PSFs act as secondary settlements, if an enemy holds them in your region it will cause you to lose money and law, so you will have to conquer and hold the entire territory. Equally so, when you now invade a region you will have to take all the PSFs not just the capital (settlement) so one region is going to be a full campaign. Factions will no longer expand within 20 turns, it will be slow and hard. Also, PSFs give the oppurtunity for factions to hold small parts of a region making control much more complex and realistic, even mirroring history. PSF titles will allow income, which means that not only can you deprive your enemies of law and income in a region when occupying PSFs, but you can actually enhance your characters with command points, authority, piety but also... earn money!
    Good news, looking forward to it.

Silly question probably...but you are going to give names to the PSF ....no? I read somewhere in modworkshop it is possible if i'm not mistaken. Also Roz of the Rozmod (submod SS6.3) is also planning something like this there.

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Silly question probably...but you are going to give names to the PSF ....no? I read somewhere in modworkshop it is possible if i'm not mistaken. Also Roz of the Rozmod (submod SS6.3) is also planning something like this there.
    It is possible by placing invisible (model-less) rebel agent near the PSF and enable character labels in configuration. The agent then has name of the PSF and it seems like the PSF is named in regular fashion.

The obvious limit of this is that the agent has to be in unreachable spot which consumes one tile of space on the map plus it limits moveament around it. Usually it could be achieved but we are placing huge number of PSFs on the map and to "name" them all would mean equal number of these dummy agents. Therefore it's very unlikely PSFs will be named in DotS. Sorry.

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

Progress Report in the first post has been updated.

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

TuCoT's Avatar Biarchus

Glad to see that! But may I ask something, what means +13% near %33?

Horatius Flaccus's Avatar Biarchus

The progress since the last update. So total progress is 33%, compared to the 20% it used to be.

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    Progress Report in the first post has been updated.
    Good news

so 1/3 is done.....nice, keep it up guys.