Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't install v1.3

Laetus

Default Can't install v1.3

Ok, i downloaded the patch from www.totalwar.com and unziped it to get the exe. For some reason i cannot run the exe. Someone else has this same problem as me. I was able to install 1.2 patch with no prob(i reinstalled RTW because RTR online was messed up), but 1.3 wouldn't work. Any tips would be much appreciated.

-Rebel

EDIT: I have also tried downloading the patch again, but no luck. And yes i got the right version(english version)
    "I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." -Mohandas K. Gandhi

What's the problem exatcly? Do you get any error messages?

Laetus

Yes, it says to close running programs(i restarted and ran install and same thing came up). It also mentioned something about having to check internet options for the install.
    "I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." -Mohandas K. Gandhi

Take a screenshot of the error message or type 100% EXACTLY what it is.
    'It told me somethning about something" just isn't good enough.

If the error message says something about deleting your temp folder and such, then it's an Installshield error. In that case do the following:

go to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\Runtime" and delete a folder named "0701". See if this solves the problem.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Honor&Glory
    If the error message says something about deleting your temp folder and such, then it's an Installshield error. In that case do the following:

go to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\Runtime" and delete a folder named "0701". See if this solves the problem.
    nail on the head, i'll give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel
    nail on the head, i'll give it a try
    Hopefully it will work?

Laetus

worked like a charm, ty tytytyttytyt

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel
    worked like a charm, ty tytytyttytyt
    No Problem.

Templedog's Avatar Biarchus

yeah, thanks, same prob

They got lucky and hijacked some airplanes. I could of done that drunk. War on terror is BS.

Lol, I just prepared a screen and everything to ask them same question. But thanks Honor&Glory! :laughing:
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

x2

Many thanks!

I have a different problem ( thought this would be the best thread to post this in ): I can open the patch, enter setup, but when the patch starts installing, it gives me an error:

Now, I know it's some things are in Dutch ( for instance 'onherstelbare' which is 'unfixable' or something like that in English ) but does anyone knows how to fix this?
    Proud member of Rise of Persia
    ROP Faction Preview: Thrakian Bessoi
    ROP Faction Preview: Persia

Under the honourable and illuminating patronage of Perikles , reputable son of imb39 in the house of Wilpuri

Are you sure you haven't installed RTW in some strange directory? 1.3 tends to.. not ask a directory.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Nevermind, I fixed the problem. Just wen into regedit and saw that my installfolder was set to ' I:\Rome - Total War ' , but I no longer have an I:\ location, so I changed it, and now it works
    Proud member of Rise of Persia
    ROP Faction Preview: Thrakian Bessoi
    ROP Faction Preview: Persia

Under the honourable and illuminating patronage of Perikles , reputable son of imb39 in the house of Wilpuri

I cant innstall 1.3.

I get the " No prior install of Rome Total war found" and then it terminates..

I Have my game placed in E:\Spill\Activision\Rome Total war
    I also have a C directory, but not for games.

Anyone knows how to fix this?
    I also wonder:
    I have 1.2 installed. Do I need this? Is 1.2 included in 1.3 ,so that I could just take a fresh install and try to put 1.3 in without 1.2?

Thx

Well I just did a reinstall and I can't get 1.3 to run either. All I get is the "Modify , repair , remove" menu.... when I try to run it , it doesn't run like a patch normally would.
    "My God, I wish we had the 9th Australian Division with us this morning."
    - - Major-General Francis de Guingaund, Chief of Staff, Allied Land-Forces Headquarters Europe, D-Day, 1944

"Australian troops had, at Milne Bay, inflicted on the Japanese their first undoubted defeat on land. Some of us may forget that, of all the allies, it was the Australians who first broke the invincibility of the Japanese army."
    — Field Marshal Sir William Slim.

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by OG Grenadier
    Well I just did a reinstall and I can't get 1.3 to run either. All I get is the "Modify , repair , remove" menu.... when I try to run it , it doesn't run like a patch normally would.
    If your new RTW installation has the same path as the old one, just click "repair", this will copy all the files a second time.
    If not, change the path of your RTW installation.
    Worked for me,

P.S.: The cause of all this problems is Window's stupid registry, just wanted to point that out. Linux rocks.

K.K

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

Default Re: Can't install v1.3

Thanks to whoever it was that solved the 1.3 InstallShield problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, and it hasn't worked and I was getting really annoyed. Thankfully, this stopped me from demolishing my rather shiny and expensive PC.

Haedar's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Can't install v1.3

Hi everyone I'v problim install rome total war 1.3 I download the patch successfully but when I tried to install it an error messege say " No prior instalation of rome total war was founded" and terminate" when I re-downloaded it same problem I have please help me if any one can slove this prob.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast