Thread: Uninstalling this without removing the normal SS?

Default Uninstalling this without removing the normal SS?

So, I am very dissapointed in this mod. England and France, from what I saw from the custom battle, are basically a copy of themselves, like... Gendarmes for England. Whaa? Not sure if this is accurate, but THIS IS HORRIBLE! I want to see DIFFERENCES between factions, I don't want them being a complete copypastes with recolors! Basically all the West Europe used the same things, the same armors - but it makes no sense to show it so much, as it's just boring to have all the West being the same! France should have the best cavalry (as their description says), but now England stole this unit from them.

I know it's a fair deal, as England stole the Pikemen. Oh boy, in rc4 I could own the best of cavalry with 2 units of Scottish Mercenary Pikemen, even though they had all their stats on 1 (until they got experience, and then they got EVEN more beastly - I still don't know how can you be more badass than that, but they have proved it's possible)!

Armies are slower than in 6.2 rc4 and it doesn't make much sense. I know it's now 1 year, but hey - it's annoying. Especially more, when your generals love to get bad health traits for being out in the wild.

I am happy with commanders not getting negative traits so fast as in rc4 when out of city - this makes no sense anyway. "Not great access to foodstuffs"? For GENERAL? I understand ARMY being hungry, but General would always get his food in good ammounts. Always. He's a general, no one would want a hungry general commanding an army, because he would make many mistakes. He would always get the food first. Besides, why is he getting unhealthy, he's a general so he is undoubtely sieging it in a great awesome tent with few minions and as much food as he wants. Are they fighting in Chernobyl and it's all radiations fault or what?

I know it's in rc4 too, but... I hate this. I'd love to remove this. I understand "healthy" trait, as most of plagues happened in Europe because of the lack of hygiene, but "unhealthy" is annoying.

...Anyway, enough of this. Do you have a way of removing RC/RR without forcing me to download SS again?

Default Re: Uninstalling this without removing the normal SS?

I have to ask... actually played much of the campaign?
    Keyword here is area of recruitment. Everyone can recruit English Longbowmen if they hold the English territories.

As to your question: You have to delete the folder in /mods and download SS 6.0 again.

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have to second the above post.

Have you actually ever played the campaign?

England can't recruit gendarmes at all. Plus other units are AOR to a speciffic faction's territory, meaning that you're not going to get them unless you kill the other faction. France can recruit longbowmen if they conquer england. You can even recruit desert raiders and desert cavalry if you conquer egypt as england. Or longbowmen if you conquer england as egypt.

If you just wanted to say this mod sucks you could have done that without downloading it

And no, you can only reinstall SS. When you download a mod again, just save it somewhere safe instead of plain running it to install.

Quote Originally Posted by Painis_Cupcake View Post
    from what I saw from the custom battle
    This mod's strength shines in its campaign. Go play (and understand) a full one before attempting total criticism.

I want to see DIFFERENCES between factions, I don't want them being a complete copypastes with recolors!
    Nearly everyone here strongly agrees, as does PB, the mod creator. Again, play some campaigns between different factions, you'll see over time they have very different rosters.

Basically all the West Europe used the same things, the same armors - but it makes no sense to show it so much, as it's just boring to have all the West being the same!
    I would agree that a little more variation ought to exist between France and Germany, but besides those two the western factions all have very distinct rosters and variations. Compare Scotland with England, or Aragon with France, or Portugal with Germany. There are huge unit differences that affect field strategy entirely.

France should have the best cavalry (as their description says), but now England stole this unit from them.
    Play a campaign. You'll find France consistently fields slightly stronger cavalry.

Armies are slower than in 6.2 rc4 and it doesn't make much sense. I know it's now 1 year, but hey - it's annoying.
    Slower armies = more field battles. Unless you prefer Medieval: Total Siege, these slower armies allow for more interesting field battles, as well as allowing you an opportunity to intercept invading enemy armies.

Especially more, when your generals love to get bad health traits for being out in the wild.
    Being on campaign affected everybody, including mortal generals. Picking up the occasional pneumonia isn't that devastating and is entirely temporary. Assuming generals were immune to the save afflictions the regular soldier was isn't accurate or realistic. Of course they had more luxuries, but this didn't mean they couldn't get sick. These 'negative' traits are intended as a realistic challenge for the player and aren't at all excessive or game-breaking in this mod.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

So, you guys were right. It's better than normal SS, and it's much better. It's awesome, but...

It's even easier! I play on VH/VH of course, conquering settlements is as easy as it was in normal SS, but now I ALWAYS have additional income, even with mostly Low Taxes everywhere. My treasure is growing and growing, even if build things everywhere...

Kaledon's Avatar Civis

You could try BGR ^_^. But yeah, the economy is pretty easy to manage unless you're spamming feudal/mercenary troops.

I heard about this BGR, but I am very unsure what it does and where to download it.

Besides, situation is just too hot to just stop in my current RR/RC campaign, I play as Poland and I almost crushed Lithuania (they have only Mensk left), while HRE sometimes sends it's troops on my territories, which makes me sure that they are going to attack, even if we have an alliance + their princess married my prince. Kievan Rus will probably attack me, I am sure Hungary won't (perfect relations, they are at war with Venice and at bad situation with Byzantines) as we have an alliance too, and perfect relations...

I am angry by one of my favourite generals getting an Alcoholic trait, and my prince - my favourite general who I tried to make very chivalrous got a trait "Iron fisted" (Yeah, he is iron fisted, this is why he always has low taxes set, releases enemies, occupies cities... I will remove this trait, as this makes completely no sense) and "Lacks justice" (still unsure why, makes no sense again, if anything he should get "Soft judge". I will remove it, as this makes completely no sense. Shame no one fixed it from the normal M2TW )

Next version has garrison script.