Thread: Unit limit

Default Unit limit

How can i remove or change unit limit ???

Default Re: Unit limit

if u mean unit size then in options then video or game dk which one there will be a drop down box for unit size. hope that helped

If you mean the limit on the number of elite units recruitable why would you want to?

The limits are there for a reason in that real generals did not march out to war with armies made up entirely of Guardsmen.

In Medieval and Rome Total War there were no such limits and I quickly got very bored winning endless heroic victories with armies made up entirely of Varangians, Guard Archers and Vardariots or of Retinue Longbowmen and Armoured Swordsmen.

(In fact in Rome I once created an army consisting entirely of Armoured War Elephants just because I could)

In SP you can't create that artificial and unhistorical edge for yourself so have to actually pay attention to strategy and tactics and building up the experience of line regiments.

Anyway if that's what floats your boat good luck to you - I just can't see the point of playing Old Guard RULEZ Total War myself....

He is talking about the limit of units that you can have on the battlefield at once. You cannot change this.

the unit limit is a realistic and historical aspect of the game and is very good.
    i am not agree with you with this.

Tsar - you must have PackFileManager_1-12. Then open it, uncheck 'CA Packs are read only'. Then open data.pack -> db -> unit tables -> units. There look for Unit Limit and change the numbers there to those you like. If you want the unit to have no limit at all change the number to 0. Save and play.

To be sure make a backup of your files before changing anything.

Hope it helps

Something don't work.
    I open PFM, go there where you said, and i changed that all, i svaed that, and when i enter game there are no changes, but when i opet data.pack with PFM again, changes are still there.
    Something is wrong here. Do i need to export/import something ???
    Pls help me !!!

Pls expain me the whole process how to do that.

Sorry about that. You must also change it in patch2.pack and patch.pack

Moved to Text Editing and Scripting.
    Curious Curialist curing the Curia of all things Curial.

♔Icebear77♔'s Avatar Biarchus

You should make a modfile. Use the db/units-table from patch3.pack, make the changes and you will be fine...

Here is a tutorial how to make a mod-file (rep erasmus777) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=340047

Mendicant Bias's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Thrawn View Post
    Sorry about that. You must also change it in patch2.pack and patch.pack
    I did what you said but when I run the game it crashes. Interestingly it only does this if I modify patch2.pack and patch3.pack which I need to to get the changes I want. data.pack and patch.pack are fine. For reference, I'm trying to remove the unit limit on Highland Foot regiments so I can play as Scotland with enough infantry.

EDIT: I did the above and the mod worked perfectly, thankyou.
    Last edited by Mendicant Bias; May 15, 2010 at 10:04 AM.

EDIT: I did the above and the mod worked perfectly, thankyou.[/QUOTE]

can you upload this for the french gaurd units (old and yound) please ?
    I cant get it right ?
    Ps do i hv to start a new game or do they take affect to at a saved one?

Mendicant Bias's Avatar Libertus

As I recall it doesn't work if you simply edit the patch files, it has to be run as a mod. I'll go dig up the file...

Okay I edited the limits out, you should be able to play this in your current save game too. Download here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...t=down&id=2875

EDIT: You need to edit your users script as well. It needs to say - mod "French_unit_limits.pack";

give it a try
    thx
    m8
    k it worked thx
    +Rep
    Last edited by ElSypatiko; June 23, 2010 at 09:34 AM.

Lionheartx10's Avatar Youtube Crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mendicant Bias View Post
    As I recall it doesn't work if you simply edit the patch files, it has to be run as a mod. I'll go dig up the file...

Okay I edited the limits out, you should be able to play this in your current save game too. Download here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...t=down&id=2875

EDIT: You need to edit your users script as well. It needs to say - mod "French_unit_limits.pack";

Not to be cheeky, but do you reckon you could upload the scotland unit limit thing, as I too want to play as scotland with enough infantry.

this section is old but, can I have those unlimited scot line infantry files perhaps?