View Poll Results: Favorite faction to play as so far?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mordor

24 6.56%
  • Gondor

81 22.13%
  • Rohan

25 6.83%
  • Isengard

32 8.74%
  • Rhun

14 3.83%
  • Dale

15 4.10%
  • Balchoth

5 1.37%
  • Variags

7 1.91%
  • Harad

6 1.64%
  • Eriador/Men of the West

35 9.56%
  • Reunited Kingdom

33 9.02%
  • Beornings

8 2.19%
  • Dwarves of Erebor

24 6.56%
  • Dwarves of Ered Luin

8 2.19%
  • Orocarni Dwarves

25 6.83%
  • High Elves

41 11.20%
  • Galadhrim Elves

26 7.10%
  • Mirkwood Elves

21 5.74%
  • Avari Elves

31 8.47%
  • Dunlendings

6 1.64%
  • Corsairs and Outlaws

11 3.01%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

5 1.37%
  • Orcs of Gundabad

5 1.37%
  • Brood of Ancalagon

6 1.64%
  • Brood of Glaurung

2 0.55%
  • Brood of Scatha

2 0.55%
  • Spawn of Ungoliant

2 0.55%
  • Creatures of the Night

2 0.55%
  • Creations of Eru

10 2.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 51 of 265 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 5286

Thread: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Default Re: ~ Perillicious Compilation Pack ~ (PCP) ~~~ BETA 05 RELEASED ~~~ Recruiting skinners, coders, scripters, and Beta testers! ~~~ Got PCP? Then give me some!

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    hmm i moved the capital to the most western gondor settlement and there was still a riot in Fornost and Annúminas. but i'll install the patch and report soon
    The patch will fix the problem as you will be able to upgrade your settlements now . I still can't believe I forgot to include those files, what a rookie mistake.

...and now for something completely different, here are a bunch of screenshots of the Great Eagles with their nice new (arduously hand made) feathers. I am too lazy to go through and pick the best ones, so I am just posting them all.

HERE
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 04, 2011 at 09:16 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: ~ Perillicious Compilation Pack ~ (PCP) ~~~ BETA 05 RELEASED ~~~ Recruiting skinners, coders, scripters, and Beta testers! ~~~ Got PCP? Then give me some!

Nice

Note the page in the OP btw if not done already

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

tried the mod today,love it
    didnt really have problems other then 1 crash as dunland,but i didnt save so i started anew as the dwarves of erebor.
    turn 60,no crashes so far
    oh and the silvan elves decided to go out and conquer fangorn from isengard instead of expanding into mirkwood.is that normal?

Downloading. I have high hopes. Will post feedback.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

love this mod

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Wow! You are really getting the hang of texturing. I think this texture is a great improvement. It does look really good.

regarding the Fourth Age campaign...why is dain ,bard ,eomund, theoden still alive ? (and maybe others that i can't remember/don't know about)

if it doesn't bother you / bore you , i think you should kill em off..

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    regarding the Fourth Age campaign...why is dain ,bard ,eomund, theoden still alive ? (and maybe others that i can't remember/don't know about)

Theoden (and Dain when I get around to it) dies early on after the Battle for Minas Tirith. Gandalf "dies" somewhere in the first 20-30 turns. Bard and Eomund will be removed and replaced when I get around to it... just... don't... have... time... It should be fixed by the the next Beta, but the Fourth Age campaign still needs lots of work, it is far from done.

Also, please keep Fourth Age campaign questions/comments in my Fourth Age thread, just so I don't get all confused or forget what is posted where.

wait,arent dain and bard(or is that brand?) both supposed to die at the same time fighting against the easterlings?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post

Theoden (and Dain when I get around to it) dies early on after the Battle for Minas Tirith. Gandalf "dies" somewhere in the first 20-30 turns. Bard and Eomund will be removed and replaced when I get around to it... just... don't... have... time... It should be fixed by the the next Beta hopefully, but the Fourth Age campaign still needs lots of work which takes lots of time.

Also, please keep Fourth Age campaign questions/comments in my Fourth Age thread, just so I don't get all confused or forget what is posted where.

Trying the Brood of Scatha.(What? These seemed interesting.)

Obvious issue: No building provides Recruitment Slots, and Villages, having no Walls to provide the same, can't recruit anything(Which likely means retraining is also out). All well and good, except the Brood has only Villages to start. If they want to recruit, they'll have to gather their initial forces together and assault a Town or Castle or Motte-and-Bailey....anything that has Recruitment Slots. The random ambushes by surprisingly high-command Rebels are a hindrance to this and makes reinforcing your forces from other towns difficult to say the least.

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that there's so much ground to cover up north. I hate that these lands are controlled by settlements way out in the ass-end of nowhere. But this isn't your fault.

Current playstyle looks like it's gonna be exterminate and move on. Low unit count is a deep hindrance to keeping order. Mercs can help, though this only goes so far, especially if conquests are couterattacked. Young seem very frail, despite their stats. But then all I have to compare to are the units granted at game start, which are practically invincible. The Generals themselves are the weak link, as they have only a few HP compared to the guys guarding them. If you want to ease this, make sure the generals spawn in with HP-boosting traits.

Dwarves of Ered Luin Dwarven Axemen, Iron Crossbowmen, and Axethrowers are silver in battle, look like Peasants outside of battle.
    Last edited by Bloodly; August 04, 2011 at 12:07 PM.

all new units look like peasents outside of battle(atleast all the ones i've seen..) and all new buildings are the roman structure thing

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

that's why it is called a beta, it's not finished yet

that's why people should offer to help in whatever way they can...so the beta becomes alpha and the alpha becomes aloha as soon as possible and we all get to play it with the less trouble involved but witg full benefits too...

True, but the Dwarven Axemen and Axethrowers, the same Axemen and Axethrowers which are standard units for the Dwarves(Now 'Dwarves of Ered Luin') should not have been messed up. So it's important he hears about it. Most of the units that look like peasants have textures in battle: it's just the unit cards that are wrong. Here both are missing.

i know thats why its beta,i was replying to the post above me
    erm,alpha is the stage before beta.we do NOT want this mod to become alpha

i believe that means he hasnt textured them yet,snaga stalkers are also silver.

I will fix the silver skins, they shouldn't be there so keep reporting any you find. The unit and building cards still need to be done (by someone other than me) . The unit cards need to wait until all the new units have their skins though, most new one are using temporary skins still.

I need feedback on campaign and battle balancing mostly, and any negative stuff. Go ahead and be blunt, you will not hurt my feelings. Thanks for all the feedback so far.

Side note: Try not to get ambushed and the general's will not have so much command, they get a huge command bonus when the ambush succeeds. They are supposed to be a hindrance, finding and killing them should take at least 10 turns (without ruining your economy). Then you should start expanding and take your first rebel settlement by around 10-15 turns (without ruining your economy). Do not try to rush the AI until after turn 15, you will just ruin your own game experience. These campaigns are designed to be long and drawn out so there is no rush to scoop up settlements right off the bat like in vanilla. You shouldn't really even start fighting other factions until around turn 20-30, that is why I took the trouble of adding so many rebels.

Edit: Also, is the AI garrisoning settlements with more units than in vanilla? I haven't had time to test the most recent changes I made to this and I am very curious. The garrison script was removed so it is essential that these changes work, otherwise the whole game will be eff'd I reckon. I suppose I should have mentioned that before .
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 04, 2011 at 03:18 PM.

i dont know,as the dwarves of erebor on turn 2 i marched forth to the province north of me
    in my game the vale of anduin is expandinbokwoodwhich is wied and into the western shore of the anduin which is normal enough,but this means the silvan elves cant expand in mirkwood,and instead theyre fighting isengard over fangorn.
    dale,rhun and the balcoth tribes seem to be having a 3 way,though the balcoths and rhun are at a stalemate but dale is slowly falling apart.
    rohan doesnt seem to be expanding at all,and the high elves took michel delving and lost imladris only at turn 73,dwarves of ered luin keep taking and loosinng provinces,orcs of gundabad are falling apart(mainly due to me ) but the OOTMM are expanding easily,you might want to buff up eriador a bit,while they are expanding slowly the many new rebel settlements are food for the OOTMM(and dunland)
    speaking of dunland,why does it start at war with eriador?if anyone it should be at war with rohan but not eriador..everyone else seems to be doing fine,and its really fun
    battles are also fun(the few i didnt auto-resolve ),all in all the mod is very enjoyable

Dunland and Rohan do start off at war. Eriador and Dunland start off at war mainly for gameplay reasons (so Rohan doesn't get raped by Isengard and Dunland), but also because the Dunlendings REALLY hate Númenoreans (the Dunedain) for past wars and for taking all their lands in the North. The Dunlending's, as they would eventually be called, were forced to flee to Dunland after being pushed out of their native lands in what would become the North Kingdom (reason enough to start off hostile toward each other me thinks). I have never seen them try to wipe each other out though, they usually just have little skirmishes and a stalemate (which is what they are supposed to do). It is a new change though, Eriador is designed to be a small power (since they were not actually a faction) so if the Orc's are too much for them and Rohan can hold its own than I will make Dunland start at peace with Eriador. I made A LOT of tweaks in order to get the AI to be less aggressive and more defensive so as long as factions are not dying until at least turn 150-200 than I am happy. I really don't want to have to use a garrison script.

As for Imladris, I will probably have to re-implement the garrison script for that settlement since it is all by itself next to two Orc factions. Do the High Elves have any settlements neighboring Imladris? Or do they have no chance of taking it back?

The Silvan Elves are fighting Isengard? Are you sure it isn't the Galadhrim? Elves fighting Isengard sounds good though, at least they didn't declare war on a friendly neighbor to expand .
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 04, 2011 at 05:09 PM.

Well, the Brood can't afford to sit-literally. The villages have such poor income that they have to ravage just to get the income to develop. They can take, but holding is a real problem.