View Poll Results: Favorite faction to play as so far?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mordor

24 6.56%
  • Gondor

81 22.13%
  • Rohan

25 6.83%
  • Isengard

32 8.74%
  • Rhun

14 3.83%
  • Dale

15 4.10%
  • Balchoth

5 1.37%
  • Variags

7 1.91%
  • Harad

6 1.64%
  • Eriador/Men of the West

35 9.56%
  • Reunited Kingdom

33 9.02%
  • Beornings

8 2.19%
  • Dwarves of Erebor

24 6.56%
  • Dwarves of Ered Luin

8 2.19%
  • Orocarni Dwarves

25 6.83%
  • High Elves

41 11.20%
  • Galadhrim Elves

26 7.10%
  • Mirkwood Elves

21 5.74%
  • Avari Elves

31 8.47%
  • Dunlendings

6 1.64%
  • Corsairs and Outlaws

11 3.01%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

5 1.37%
  • Orcs of Gundabad

5 1.37%
  • Brood of Ancalagon

6 1.64%
  • Brood of Glaurung

2 0.55%
  • Brood of Scatha

2 0.55%
  • Spawn of Ungoliant

2 0.55%
  • Creatures of the Night

2 0.55%
  • Creations of Eru

10 2.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Default Re: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellenpure View Post
    So I'm getting the "can't find kingdoms" message again, but I can't locate the TATW.cfg file to modify it. Suggestions?
    Actually figured it out - in prepping for fresh install I deleted some of the original TATW 3.0 files.

Default Re: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Actually figured it out - in prepping for fresh install I deleted some of the original TATW 3.0 files.
    Well, actually now the launchers still don't work, even after checking/changing directory in TATW.cfg file and .bats (to Third_Age_PCP). If I click on any of the .bat files instead of launcher the start screen with the dragon comes up for one second and then the game exits immediately.

Well, actually now the launchers still don't work, even after checking/changing directory in TATW.cfg file and .bats (to Third_Age_PCP). If I click on any of the .bat files instead of launcher the start screen with the dragon comes up for one second and then the game exits immediately.
    Reinstall from scratch TATW 3.0 both parts + TATW 3.2 Patch ( if you do not have a Third_Age_3 backup folder somewhere like I do ) and, install PCP files as instructed.

Good luck!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I had this problem as well, Kellenpure.

Today I got it to work by changing all the windows batch file entries from 1st_Age_Beleriand to 4th_Age in the Third_Age_3 folder from
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\Third_Age_PCP\TATW.cfg
    to
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\Third_Age_3\TATW.cfg

I did this for all of them, whether the campaigns work or not (I was lazy before--just changing the entry for 3rd_Age and expecting it to be fine. It wasn't.)
    I tried removing DAC, too. That method didn't work for me as PCP still aborted in the way you describe above. However, DAC wasn't present in the mods folder when I got PCP working. So perhaps it has some role?

My install is on a drive outside Program Files (x86), if that helps.

On a side note, I glimpsed the Lone Wanderer traipsing through the jungles of Far Harad today.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Reinstall from scratch TATW 3.0 both parts + TATW 3.2 Patch ( if you do not have a Third_Age_3 backup folder somewhere like I do ) and, install PCP files as instructed.

Good luck!
    It's been a long time since I did a basic TATW install - is it necessary to also download the MOS stuff, or any other patches? I didn't do the TATW 3.1 Patch as I assumed that is unnecessary. Still having no luck. Even tried renaming the folders and bats with "Third_Age_3". Same thing for all campaigns - exit seconds after startup screen. I've adjusted UAC. I can get all the vanilla kingdoms campaigns to run.
    Last edited by Veteraan; May 29, 2017 at 12:35 PM.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

It's been a long time since I did a basic TATW install - is it necessary to also download the MOS stuff, or any other patches? I didn't do the TATW 3.1 Patch as I assumed that is unnecessary. Still having no luck. Even tried renaming the folders and bats with "Third_Age_3". Same thing for all campaigns - exit seconds after startup screen. I've adjusted UAC. I can get all the vanilla kingdoms campaigns to run.
    For a basic TATW install you only need the files EK mentioned.

Edit: Have a look at the install instructions HERE, that's the first thing to do anyway.
    Last edited by Veteraan; May 29, 2017 at 12:36 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Good luck!
    Well, Basic TATW works now, but PCP submod exits the game automatically when I launch any campaign from the campaign list screen.

I don't know what it is, all the files are the same as before so it should work just like before.

Quote Originally Posted by lakota View Post
    Found out the problem, when you download this mod, DO NOTHING ELSE on your computer while it downloads

Or it properly downloaded for whatever reason :/
    This is how it is with large files that have high compression. Same with unpacking and installing. I download and install things like this when I am about to leave my PC for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliverthecat View Post
    Hey you should remodel the Avari Elves, give them more of a middle eastern feel, also give them Olliphants for fun. I feel like they should feel very seperate from the other Elven factions. Great mod but for some reason the AI isn't very agressive, I think there are too many rebel regions between some factions, for example Modor takes a while to start attacking Gondor because the rebel settlements block the ai from wanting to attack Gondor. This is even worse with the dragon factions who are stuck in the north doing nothing at all because there is no direct threat for the ai to take care of. One other unit thing is that I feel like the elite units for the Woodland realm and the Lothlorien should be swapped, as the Woodland Realm's elite units are far more reminiscent of the Galadrhim's general's bodyguard than that of it's own. This is just a suggestion of course
    I plan to make the Avari very diverse, all of the units will have a more eastern than western feel, certain sects will look very Middle-eastern. I will make the Mumaks AOR, I thought I did for them already. I already set up the files so Mumaks are merc units that can be recruited by any faction in certain regions, they are very rare though.

The creature factions are just supposed to harass, they are "minor" factions basically for lore reasons. They can really only do damage to the main factions if they send their armies to attack someone else. Mostly there to make the factions in the north more fun since they aren't on the edge of the map anymore.

Mordor shouldn't focus on Gondor until after turn 90, this is intentional so Gondor can last to at least turn 150 every game. Mordor should still be strong though, just not focusing any one faction early on.

I agree about the Elven units, I noticed that myself while setting up the First Age and swapped a lot of it there, I will add those changes to the other ages.
    Last edited by alreadyded; June 05, 2017 at 05:29 AM.

Is there something that prevents the descr stats file from being edited. Whenever I edit it, the game will not allow me to play.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ahmay123 View Post
    Is there something that prevents the descr stats file from being edited. Whenever I edit it, the game will not allow me to play.
    and when you edit the other files it lets you play?
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

The descr_strats are in the custom campaigns folder, for the main campaigns they are inside yet another folder inside each campaigns folder.

mods\Third_Age_PCP\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\Third_Age\descr_strat <---for Third Age main campaign.

If the above isn't the cause of your problem then you probably messed something up, try again. I did not do anything to prevent my files from being modded by others.
    Last edited by alreadyded; June 21, 2017 at 10:41 AM.

If those descr_strat files were first edited by Notepad++ (by you, alreadyded, or, by the user in question) and now, someone wants to make another change by using any other text editor than Notepad++, then the game will not start, or it will crash.

Sometimes deleting map.rwm file helps, but not always.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; June 21, 2017 at 11:35 AM. Reason: grammar
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

The map.rwm files in the base folder and the one next to the descr_strat file do need to be deleted. Only the one in the base folder will regen and need to be deleted with each future change. When you are done copy/paste the base folder one to the other folder, it isn't necessary but you may accidently overwrite it with the file swappers if you don't.

Not using notepad++ could cause formating errors you can't see that cause ctds. Using really old versions of notepad++ can do the same, I had problems myself with this and updated a few times. They were all saved in a very recent version.
    Last edited by alreadyded; June 21, 2017 at 11:44 AM.

Hello! I installed MTW2 only to play the mods, and after some playing of Elder Scrolls and Last Kingdom, I installed TATW. After a bit of vanilla playing, turned to MOS and played a little more. But, I can't endure not playing all my favorite nations at the same time, for I can't endure the tought of the elves and dwarves and good nations in general being so dumb, and not cooperating, etc. So I read that your mod was hotseat compatible and so today I installed it.

Started one campaing as the HE to see how it is the map and WOW. Very, bery big. Used toggle_fow and took a look and was overcome with the scale and quantity of rebels of various races. Then I saw the dragons and could not resist to see them. So, started a game with each dragon nation, first the winged, then the glaurung ones, then the cold ones.

First the uroloki: Used toggle fow and character reset liberaly to march my leader, taking one of each type of unit from each town, then marching to the nearest rebel, that only after atacking I realized was some silver wyrms. Well, I was looking for some easy prey, and tought, now this will be a real fight... I simply waited, and when they entered range, my dragons opened fire.... It was a complete slaughter, within seconds of combat the enemy bodyguard with their captain was completely destroyed. After taking severe casualties, they broke and ran. I had take only some few losses, and started to pursuit.... THEN I started to take losses. Even with me using the alt + atack, they still used the fire weapons and it came to the ridiculous and funny situation of my general, the Faction Leader, dying to friendly fire. hahahahahahaha The mighty dragons can't handle their own fire.. And I think this is counter lore. So, as I still could not read all the 256 pages of this thread, is this a thing that can be fixed? I don't actually plan to play as the dragons, but I think this is a serious flaw in their concept.

The glaurung ones I warred iwth some rebel wolves and liked a lot with the following observations: first, shouldn't the sons of glaurung have fire breath? and second, the Rikr Kaldrako Ungr were way slower than the rest of the army and simply didn't entered combat as they could not reach it.

The cold ones I looked for a big army of Orcs of gundaband and had a lot of fun crushing the pitiful orcs hehehehe

I think that the religion of the dragons were "assorted", too, what doesn't make sense.

I should point out that I am writing this as the first contact with the game, and will post more feedback as I play it. As I haven't tested with a good nation yet, I want to take this oportunity to ask something. In TATW mos and vanilla, if a good general atacked rebels, he gained dread, no matter if it was orcs rebels or whatever. Is this fixed on this mod?

I congratulate you on making this huge mod and will talk more in the days to come.

Putting the fire breathing units in loose formation helps with the friendly-fire thing (it is lore accurate for them to have no love of fire, they like the cold, whether it hurts them in the lore I don't know). I never planned to make any of the fire breathing and flying units from the start, I made them all very quickly for the hell of it really. They are so rare I haven't spent any time on them since either, I will eventually though. As for the assorted religion/culture, no choice but to use a vague word like Assorted, what else could it be called that would apply to so many various things, most of which are available to a faction, as mercs, and rebels? I may end up using a different vague word though.

I removed all the triggers I could find that caused negative or just unusual traits to be gained for no reason, so ya the dread thing should be gone. Also the negative affects/effects of dread were removed too so dread is a good thing just like chivalry, just in a different way that has about the same affects/effects. I can't remember the specifics of what I did, there may be something about it in the first post features list.

Whether the things I did are working as intended or not I don't know, I release this so people can test it on various systems in various ways for me and let me know what isn't working. I do not recall getting any complaints about traits but I may have some listed in my to do list.
    Last edited by alreadyded; June 28, 2017 at 02:54 PM.

Here is a test fix for the UI glitch some are having, also a test for optional new content which adds pre-requisites to certain tech trees (less options until certain buildings are built, still the same amount of options overall). The "Offices of the Seneschal" building needs to be built to allow additional trade/economy buildings. The "...Castelleyn" building allows more options that have to do with settlement improvements of all sorts. The "...Marachal" building allows buildings that give military bonuses.

Third and Fourth Age UI Glitch Test

Info; Unzip to desktop and replace your "Third_Age_(whatever)\data" folder with the included "data" folder.

Less building options from the start due to pre-requisites may reduce the memory leak causing the UI glitch.

Removed a lot of redundant code that may have been a large factor.

First Age file included for File Swapping.

Edit;

Third and Fourth Age UI Glitch Test Undo; Reverts back to original files.
    Last edited by alreadyded; July 03, 2017 at 03:18 PM.

This is a test fix for the newest version?

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

is there a list that has every faction including rebel factions? I think I read there's dragons? Does anybody have any pictures of them if that's true?

I finally installed this on the wife's laptop (win 8.1) and the File Cleaner and File Swappers did not work properly without Full Admin privileges (if your game is installed in the Programs folder at least the files may not actually be pasted or removed as needed) so this is probably a common problem people are having (I have UAC as disabled as it gets and I still had this problem). I got a crash in vanilla in a battle using Ents. In this mod however I did not get a crash using z3n's BAI in custom battle. I still need some feedback on this from others though. I haven't tried G5's yet.

This is a test fix for the newest version?
    Yup, and it may be saved game compatible. The sooner 2-3 peeps tell me it doesn't work the sooner I will try some other things I have planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    is there a list that has every faction including rebel factions? I think I read there's dragons? Does anybody have any pictures of them if that's true?
    The poll up top lists all the factions in the Third Age (except Far Harad which was added more recently).

These are the rebels for the Third Age from the text file;

{Livonian_Rebels} Corsairs
    {Bohemian_Rebels} Outlaws
    {Bulgarian_Rebels} Clansmen
    {Wallachian_Rebels} Nomads
    {Greek_Rebels} Wild Orcs
    {Native_Rebels} Eriador Wolves
    {Croatian_Rebels} Rhovanion Wolves
    {Anatolian_Rebels} Wargs
    {English_Rebels} Black Spiders
    {French_Rebels} Brown Spiders
    {Magyar_Rebels} Forest Spiders
    {Iberian_Rebels} Wild Trolls
    {Irish_Rebels} Uruloki
    {Rus_Rebels} Red Drakes
    {Mexican_Rebels} Plated Red Drakes
    {Norse_Rebels} Iron Drakes
    {Polish_Rebels} Green Drakes
    {Saharan_Rebels} Horned Drakes
    {Scots_Rebels} Blue Wyrms
    {Seljuk_Rebels} Silver Wyrms
    {Island_Rebels} Golden Cold Wyrms
    {Spanish_Rebels} Yellow Wyrms
    {Steppe_Rebels} Sand Wyrms
    {Swiss_Rebels} Great Cold Drakes
    {Welsh_Rebels} Fell Beasts
    {Fatimid_Rebels} Ents
    {Flemish_Rebels} Golden Fire Drakes
    {Italian_Rebels} Giant Bats
    {Arab_Rebels} Barrow Wights
    {German_Rebels} Great Eagles
    {Burgundian_Rebels} Spider Invasion
    {Armenian_Rebels} Eastern Wolves
    {Harad_Rebels} Tribesmen

Edit; I don't know what the Spider Invasion one is about, I don't think it is actually in the game. There are some rebel factions that were added to the First Age that I will probably reuse in the Third as well. And I plan to make various tribal rebel factions in the far south as well.

Should be some old but still working images in here; http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15240553
    Last edited by alreadyded; July 07, 2017 at 11:36 AM.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Perfect I'll download it