View Poll Results: Favorite faction to play as so far?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mordor

24 6.56%
  • Gondor

81 22.13%
  • Rohan

25 6.83%
  • Isengard

32 8.74%
  • Rhun

14 3.83%
  • Dale

15 4.10%
  • Balchoth

5 1.37%
  • Variags

7 1.91%
  • Harad

6 1.64%
  • Eriador/Men of the West

35 9.56%
  • Reunited Kingdom

33 9.02%
  • Beornings

8 2.19%
  • Dwarves of Erebor

24 6.56%
  • Dwarves of Ered Luin

8 2.19%
  • Orocarni Dwarves

25 6.83%
  • High Elves

41 11.20%
  • Galadhrim Elves

26 7.10%
  • Mirkwood Elves

21 5.74%
  • Avari Elves

31 8.47%
  • Dunlendings

6 1.64%
  • Corsairs and Outlaws

11 3.01%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

5 1.37%
  • Orcs of Gundabad

5 1.37%
  • Brood of Ancalagon

6 1.64%
  • Brood of Glaurung

2 0.55%
  • Brood of Scatha

2 0.55%
  • Spawn of Ungoliant

2 0.55%
  • Creatures of the Night

2 0.55%
  • Creations of Eru

10 2.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Neat, the expanded map look like it can become a might crazy world war, haha

Is the campaign set on the expanded or default map, or both?

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Re: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

These events for the most part will be in the campaign, so it will be quite scripted;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    455 Morgoth breaks the Siege of Angband, Dagor Bragollach ("Battle of Sudden Flame"). Deaths of Fingolfin, Angrod, Aegnor, Hador, Gundor, and Bregolas, Fingon becomes High King of the Noldor, Gil-galad sent to the Falas.
    456 Death of Fingolfin in single combat with Morgoth. Death of Gundor. Emeldir, wife of Barahir, leads their people out of Dorthonion to Brethil.
    457 Sauron captures Minas Tirith, Húrin and Huor depart Gondolin. Barahir and his outlaws in Dorthonion, Orcs defeated in the Forest of Brethil
    458 Húrin and Huor enter Gondolin
    459 Húrin and Huor leave Gondolin
    460 Deaths of Barahir, Belegund, Baragund, and all the outlaws save Beren Erchamion
    462 Death of Galdor. Orcs invade Beleriand
    463 Easterlings swear false loyalty to Maedhros
    464 Túrin born. Beren leaves Dorthonion, meets Lúthien
    465 Brandir born. Quest for the Silmaril. Death of Finrod
    466 Lalaith born. Silmaril taken from Morgoth. First death of Beren Erchamion
    467 First death of Lúthien. Lúthien sings Beren back from Mandos
    468 Hunthor born, Thingol refuses to join the Union of Maedhros
    469 Death of Lalaith. Orcs driven from Beleriand. Beren and Lúthien return to Middle-earth
    470 Dior born, Hardang born
    471 Death of Halmir, Huor weds Rían
    472 Nirnaeth Arnoediad ("Battle of Unnumbered Tears"), Year of Lamentation. Tuor born. Deaths of Fingon, Huor, Glóredhel, Azaghâl, Haldir, Hundar and Rían. Turgon becomes High King of the Noldor
    473 Nienor born, Túrin sent to Doriath. Fall of the Falas, Havens of Sirion constructed
    481 Túrin and Beleg in Doriath
    484 Death of Saeros, Túrin leaves Doriath
    485 Túrin kills Forweg and becomes leader of the Gaurwaith.
    486 Túrin and the outlaws encounter Mim and make their home on Amon Rûdh as the House of Ransom.
    487 Túrin an outlaw on Amon Rûdh
    488 Tuor enslaved
    489 Túrin and Beleg on Amon Rûdh, Death of Beleg
    490 Gwindor leads Túrin to Nargothrond, Túrin becomes captain of Nargothrond
    491 Tuor escapes and becomes an outlaw
    494 Morwen and Nienor flee to Doriath
    495 Battle of the Crossings of the Taeglin, Battle of Tumhalad, Tuor comes to Nevrast. Sack of Nargothrond by Glaurung. Deaths of Finduilas, Orodreth, Gwindor, and Handir
    496 Túrin comes to Brethil, Tuor comes to Gondolin, Nienor loses memory and is given the name Níniel
    497 Dior weds Nimloth
    498 Túrin weds Níniel
    499 Deaths of Glaurung, Brandir, Hunthor, Nienor and Túrin
    500 Eluréd and Elurín born. Release of Húrin. Death of Morwen
    501 Húrin comes to Doriath, Deaths of Húrin and Hardang
    502 Dwarves of Nogrod set the Silmaril in the Nauglamír, death of Thingol, Melian returns to Valinor.
    503 Eärendil born, Elwing born. Battle of the Thousand Caves, Battle of Sarn Athrad, Lúthien wears the Silmaril. Dior and his family come to Menegroth. Final deaths of Beren and Lúthien. Dior receives the Nauglamír and Silmaril
    505 Demand made for the Silmaril
    506 Second Kinslaying at Menegroth. Deaths of Dior, Nimloth, Celegorm, Curufin, and Caranthir. Eluréd and Elurín are abandoned to die.
    507 Elwing comes to the Havens of Sirion with the Silmaril
    509 Maeglin captured and tortured
    510 Fall of Gondolin. Deaths of Turgon, Ecthelion, Glorfindel, Maeglin, and Gothmog. Ereinion Gil-galad becomes High King of the Noldor
    511 Gondolin refugees arrive at the Havens of Sirion
    512 Maedhros learns a Silmaril is at the Havens of Sirion, but forswears the Oath of Fëanor
    525 Eärendil weds Elwing, Tuor and Idril depart for Valinor
    527 The remaining Sons of Fëanor - Maedhros, Maglor and Amras - begin to feel tormented by their unfulfilled oath.
    532 Elrond and Elros born
    534 Eärendil searchs for Valinor
    538 Third Kinslaying at the Havens of Sirion. Death of Amras. Elrond and Elros are taken captive by Maglor. Elwing escapes with the Silmaril into the Sea. Ulmo gives her the form of a white bird and she reunites with Eärendil aboard Vingilótë
    540 Morgoth controls all of Beleriand
    542 Eärendil and Elwing come to Valinor
    545 Host of Valinor lands in Beleriand
    587 Destruction of Beleriand, death of Ancalagon. Death of Maedhros
    590 Morgoth thrust from Arda. Host of Valinor departs Middle-earth

Source;
    http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Timeline/First_Age

This stuff will happen in Beleriand for all campaigns, though I am not too sure exactly how I will represent the Host of the Valinor at the end yet (will not be in early releases anyway). I may just give surviving factions some really kick-ass generals to lead their stacks, I haven't thought on it yet. Morgoth should inevitably win though and take over Beleriand for the most part. So ya Beleriand area will be heavily scripted with events and certain outcomes (you don't have much control, you just have to cope with them as best as possible) due to the 'Doom of Mandos' in all campaigns, so much so that I should just call it Doom of Mandos. But on the Expanded map I have no idea what will happen outside Beleriand, I will not script anything to happen in Middle-Earth that I know of. Maybe some simple scripts to allow more advanced recruiting/building for certain factions based on stuff learned from the Avari spread all around Middle-Earth? Other than that the gameplay will be open ended outside of Beleriand.

I haven't read the book in a long while so I will be doing some reading and research before I finalize anything. And of course any info or ideas are welcomed.
    Last edited by alreadyded; July 24, 2016 at 06:23 PM.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    (...) and if I just zip/rar the files the download would be like 8 gb big probably or more.
    I see. Well, another solution could be to simply change the .exe to something else that doesn't upset Google drive, without changing the files itself. Then write a simple batch file that changes the extension back to exe and starts the installer. Your players would have to download an extra (very small file) which they then (after downloading) can use to start the install. And it needs a slight update to your install instructions.

This can only work of course if Google drive does not object to batch files like it seems to do to executables.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    I see. Well, another solution could be to simply change the .exe to something else that doesn't upset Google drive, without changing the files itself. Then write a simple batch file that changes the extension back to exe and starts the installer. Your players would have to download an extra (very small file) which they then (after downloading) can use to start the install. And it needs a slight update to your install instructions.

This can only work of course if Google drive does not object to batch files like it seems to do to executables.
    Ya well the problem is I don't care if anyone plays it or I would make more releases and not just these little patches for important stuff that google hates now, I just want a reliable place I can back up any file and be able to download them myself without any hassle. I lost faith in google after they wouldn't even let me download a file I uploaded while logged in on the same computer. The batch thing is a good idea though, I never even considered that, thanks.
    Last edited by alreadyded; July 25, 2016 at 12:19 AM.

Aszrayel's Avatar Semisalis

For some reason, I can't download the update.

New links; (not new release, same old crap)

9.4 Update File

UI Fix File
    Last edited by alreadyded; July 26, 2016 at 06:41 PM.

Aszrayel's Avatar Semisalis

New links; (not new release, same old crap)

9.4 Update File

UI Fix File
    Thank you very much.

Well Im new in this submod but I have been playing like 350 turns with orocarni Dwarves. After playing other submods and vanilla third age I have to tell few things:

1 This is the best Map I have ever seen in a videogame about the middle earth, I mean too epic, Amazing.
    2 The best City management I have seen. That huge amount of buildings with very good buffs depending in what way you want focus your settlement.
    3 The slowest but most epic feeling, with the diferent winter situations, constantly looking at the food that your armie has... Amazing
    4 Good Balance between factions, checking the stats all factions have prety good rosters and all the Merchant/ Inn Mercs are very usefull and cool feature.
    5 Interesting brutal difficulty Still trying to realice how it works exactly but I feel like AI has no public order or corruption so they get ridicolous incomes everywhere hehe.(Maybe Im wrong)
    6 Amazing Last stand Horde sistem to give a last chance to every faction.

I could explain better how I gratefull I am but it could take an entire book

Well After playing this 350 Turns( i Think the campaing will take me around 1000 so this is just the begining hehe) I have somethings that may change in order to give more chances to the player to increase its territory without having litterally to sacrifice settlements. This is the list of things I would change in order to make the gameplay feeling for the player in Brutal better ( this shouldnt make easy but logical the gameplay expirience)

1 Corruption System. I love the improved taxation Building Tree very usefull...but not enough. Im having more than half of the money going out with this building present in most of my Avari conquered emplacements. I dont mind remove it completely instantly but give more corruption reductions options for the player( maybe there are if so I would like to learn ) I know that change capital is free but most of times it is not insteresting to change the capital.

2 Ridicolous Unrest: Well some settlements has ridicolous amounts of preindicated Unrest ( I suppose enemie capitals) Well After having all my culture spread, all my sanitation and happy buildings builded I still Having 80% of standard Unrest, Posible to control, but Annoying. Makes me to build law buildings without any other option, a bit dificult to defeat if you just conquered the settlement anf you have already 60% cultural unrest and 80% standard Unrest and 60%less public order additional because distance to capital. This for example makes me mathematically Unable to get that settlement Unless: I put that settlement as capital, I take my leader there or I get 10 buildings of Cartographers and an entire armie with general. That makes expansion in mid to lategame hard ( trying to get more than 40 settlemets etc)

3 Not balanced the utility of some building trees: An example are all the guilds that allows you to reduce a bit the building cost, The unique that gives a real advantage is the woodcutters, all other meh, maybe all maxed and togheter can be usefull but at that moment will be something to build?

4 I think you know and everyone knows but Monsters are ridicolously op and unique weakness are archers with pikes in defensive nothing else.( Im playing with them as rebel factions, still being annoying hehe)

And thats all I can remember now thank you so much because of this wonderfull submod and cannot wait for later releases.

PD: sorry double posting I forgot to mention Im playing without quickfix and fix ( forgot to download I saw just now), are they compatible with already started campaings?
    Last edited by Veteraan; July 28, 2016 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco View Post
    Well Im new in this submod but I have been playing like 350 turns with orocarni Dwarves. After playing other submods and vanilla third age I have to tell few things:

1 Corruption System. I love the improved taxation Building Tree very usefull...but not enough. Im having more than half of the money going out with this building present in most of my Avari conquered emplacements. I dont mind remove it completely instantly but give more corruption reductions options for the player( maybe there are if so I would like to learn ) I know that change capital is free but most of times it is not insteresting to change the capital.

Forget about this just find how to reduce it, actually with all your Law new buildings is quite easy so thank you so much

1 This is the best Map I have ever seen in a videogame about the middle earth, I mean too epic, Amazing.
    2 The best City management I have seen. That huge amount of buildings with very good buffs depending in what way you want focus your settlement.
    3 The slowest but most epic feeling, with the diferent winter situations, constantly looking at the food that your armie has... Amazing
    4 Good Balance between factions, checking the stats all factions have prety good rosters and all the Merchant/ Inn Mercs are very usefull and cool feature.
    5 Interesting brutal difficulty Still trying to realice how it works exactly but I feel like AI has no public order or corruption so they get ridicolous incomes everywhere hehe.(Maybe Im wrong)
    6 Amazing Last stand Horde sistem to give a last chance to every faction.

I could explain better how I gratefull I am but it could take an entire book

Well After playing this 350 Turns( i Think the campaing will take me around 1000 so this is just the begining hehe) I have somethings that may change in order to give more chances to the player to increase its territory without having litterally to sacrifice settlements. This is the list of things I would change in order to make the gameplay feeling for the player in Brutal better ( this shouldnt make easy but logical the gameplay expirience)

2 Ridicolous Unrest: Well some settlements has ridicolous amounts of preindicated Unrest ( I suppose enemie capitals) Well After having all my culture spread, all my sanitation and happy buildings builded I still Having 80% of standard Unrest, Posible to control, but Annoying. Makes me to build law buildings without any other option, a bit dificult to defeat if you just conquered the settlement anf you have already 60% cultural unrest and 80% standard Unrest and 60%less public order additional because distance to capital. This for example makes me mathematically Unable to get that settlement Unless: I put that settlement as capital, I take my leader there or I get 10 buildings of Cartographers and an entire armie with general. That makes expansion in mid to lategame hard ( trying to get more than 40 settlemets etc)

3 Not balanced the utility of some building trees: An example are all the guilds that allows you to reduce a bit the building cost, The unique that gives a real advantage is the woodcutters, all other meh, maybe all maxed and togheter can be usefull but at that moment will be something to build?

4 I think you know and everyone knows but Monsters are ridicolously op and unique weakness are archers with pikes in defensive nothing else.( Im playing with them as rebel factions, still being annoying hehe)

And thats all I can remember now thank you so much because of this wonderfull submod and cannot wait for later releases.

PD: sorry double posting I forgot to mention Im playing without quickfix and fix ( forgot to download I saw just now), are they compatible with already started campaings?
    I did actually reduce the distance to capital penalty long ago, but I may have put it back in for testing in the last release. Guess I will cut it in half, how does that sound?

The spiders and drakes are intentionally a bit OP because of what they are and where they are on the map (places that shouldn't be conquered early on, if ever), it is best to avoid them until your faction is OP . Mirkwood rebel regions may look tasty but they aren't worth trying to take early on. I made them so I know how to fight them, even so I will reduce there attack and defense by 1, as well as reduce their attack radius so they can't hit so many troops at once when packed in. Fighting the creatures is best done by not packing your units together. Loose formation helps reduce casualties. Also bring a cheap tier 1 units with you and put it loose formation to go be a distraction while your better troops spread out and flank from all sides. If you do this you shouldn't have much trouble killing drakes. Javelin units make short work of all units in this game, just one of those can wipe out a whole unit of drakes in no time. Weapons with more reach do better than those with shorter reach as well, or at least that is how I designed it. More feedback is need for battle testing for me to be sure of anything.

Much thanks for all the feedback, I will put it to use.
    Last edited by alreadyded; July 28, 2016 at 09:49 PM.

Dagor Silmarillion (mostly finished map and setup);

Last edited by alreadyded; July 28, 2016 at 10:00 PM.

Nice, one huge Middle-earth that!

And of course any info or ideas are welcomed.
    Afraid I've got no ideas for the rest of teh world, the records are quite silent, sadly
    Last edited by Ngugi; July 29, 2016 at 02:25 AM.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Nice, one huge Middle-earth that!

Afraid I've got no ideas for the rest of teh world, the records are quite silent, sadly
    I don't need any ideas with that part, just Beleriand. Right now I need some faction and event descriptions for the Beleriand factions if anyone knows any good places for such things or wants to lend a hand. I pretty much just rely on that tolkiengateway site, not sure what others are reliable. I will be re-reading the books on that period once I finish the book I am reading now, until then I am going off of memory and I have more important things to remember.
    Last edited by alreadyded; July 29, 2016 at 03:27 AM.

Aha; should be able to attract some competent entusiast that.

The OP of the Tolkien thread has some useful links.

I did actually reduce the distance to capital penalty long ago, but I may have put it back in for testing in the last release. Guess I will cut it in half, how does that sound?
    Sounds very good, would make a bit easier for the player to manage great amounts of territories.( it is hard to maintain 25 , but 60? )

Thx for the advices vs monsters, I will take them in count when facing them.

Im conquering Dale lands that are infested with Rhun tribes and when I sieged Dale instead of Dale in the battle appeared a mountain settlement.

Im conquering Dale lands that are infested with Rhun tribes and when I sieged Dale instead of Dale in the battle appeared a mountain settlement.
    Can you upload your saved game for me?

Can you upload your saved game for me?
    http://dropmefiles.com/8f8e5 Here is it. Remember Im not playing with the 2 small fixers

http://dropmefiles.com/8f8e5 Here is it. Remember Im not playing with the 2 small fixers
    I remember, I assume it has already been fixed but I will check that and also poke around for stuff to improve or add in. Thanks.

Hi I dont know if its me but in your manual you have destinations "Sega/M2TW/Mods/" but shouldnt it be "Sega/M2TW/Mods/Third_Age_3/" ?

Also I saw "report this if u see it" on Rohan general Sebbi.
    Last edited by Funeh; July 30, 2016 at 01:24 PM.
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!