View Poll Results: Favorite faction to play as so far?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mordor

24 6.56%
  • Gondor

81 22.13%
  • Rohan

25 6.83%
  • Isengard

32 8.74%
  • Rhun

14 3.83%
  • Dale

15 4.10%
  • Balchoth

5 1.37%
  • Variags

7 1.91%
  • Harad

6 1.64%
  • Eriador/Men of the West

35 9.56%
  • Reunited Kingdom

33 9.02%
  • Beornings

8 2.19%
  • Dwarves of Erebor

24 6.56%
  • Dwarves of Ered Luin

8 2.19%
  • Orocarni Dwarves

25 6.83%
  • High Elves

41 11.20%
  • Galadhrim Elves

26 7.10%
  • Mirkwood Elves

21 5.74%
  • Avari Elves

31 8.47%
  • Dunlendings

6 1.64%
  • Corsairs and Outlaws

11 3.01%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

5 1.37%
  • Orcs of Gundabad

5 1.37%
  • Brood of Ancalagon

6 1.64%
  • Brood of Glaurung

2 0.55%
  • Brood of Scatha

2 0.55%
  • Spawn of Ungoliant

2 0.55%
  • Creatures of the Night

2 0.55%
  • Creations of Eru

10 2.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Default Re: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

eh I forgot those files existed, ya I should have thought of that. That is the only culprit for all battles crashing that I know of.

Edit; I didn't include an updated one, I will with the full release.
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 19, 2017 at 11:22 AM.

Default Re: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    I will have to take a look at what is up with Gundabad, I gave them a lot of boosts so they should be attacking by turn 20-30 or earlier even.

I still need to add in more starting buildings so settlements start more developed (holding off so I can do it all at once for all the ages), for Eriador only Bree will get buildings though so gameplay-wise that will still be the slowest faction to develop but you get an OP starting army to compensate. It was the best idea I could come up with other than having them start as a horde, it shouldn't even be a faction really. I like the start the faction has for that reason, it doesn't feel like a real faction, I only play that faction in hotseat along with one or two others, I have never played it all by itself. Becoming the RK should be the main goal as that faction.

I have no problem swapping the wolves for more human rebels, I have been doing it little by little just for varieties sake, but lore-wise there is supposed to be a lot of wolves in Eriador and not much else.
    I would suggest to replace some of them with some kind of "rebel orcs" taken from Gundabad and/or OMM. They could stay for some rioting patrols or lost parts of an army. At least you could combine different units to make it less repetitive. While playing I was thinking that maybe Eriador could be a mixed faction (Hobbit and Dunedain) with Aragorn entering into the scene and given the crown (or something like that). Starting settlements could be Bree+the Shire, for instance. Just a idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellenpure View Post
    The number of rebels I believe is meant to minimize the rate of expansion early in the game, makes you focus on working on what you have first. But I could see a little reduction in wandering rebels - they do get repetitive. I have for a while now been working on notes regarding adding variety to rebels and mercenaries, as well as making them more lore/area specific. For example, towns occupied by rebel hobbits - you have to decide whether to take their town or leave them under your protection and seek provinces occupied by more nefarious groups. Change some of the wolves to different sorts of bandits. It's just time consuming, and I'm not good at the the actual file editing part (very slow and trial and error).
    Also that sounds good (maybe they could offer to become vassals in exchange of some autonomy. I understood the purpose and I am not against it. But variety I think is needed

Ya I'll mix some Orcs in, they are only in Ithilien right now as rebels so good choice.

As for the Hobbits, I plan to only keep one unit and mix all the models textures of the current units into that one. I put wolves in the Shire to 'save' the Hobbits so you don't have to kill them. Not that I have a problem with killing gophers. Also I only plan to keep Michael Delving or whatever, the other shire ones may get replaced with fort villages and locked Hobbit general units to protect/kill or whatever, lore-wise they should not be settlements and game wise those regions can be put to better use and just buff Bree/resize regions in the area (North Tharbad is really smushed in there). I don't know where the regions are better needed yet and I don't need the space in the edu yet so neither is a priority, but that was my plan so far. You can always change whatever you like and I will add your file/thread link to the first post if you want to share it.
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 19, 2017 at 01:45 PM.

Ya I'll mix some Orcs in, they are only in Ithilien right now as rebels so good choice.

As for the Hobbits, I plan to only keep one unit and mix all the models textures of the current units into that one. I put wolves in the Shire to 'save' the Hobbits so you don't have to kill them. Not that I have a problem with killing gophers. Also I only plan to keep Michael Delving or whatever, the other shire ones may get replaced with fort villages and locked Hobbit general units to protect/kill or whatever, lore-wise they should not be settlements and game wise those regions can be put to better use and just buff Bree/resize regions in the area (North Tharbad is really smushed in there). I don't know where the regions are better needed yet and I don't need the space in the edu yet so neither is a priority, but that was my plan so far. You can always change whatever you like and I will add your file/thread link to the first post if you want to share it.
    Well, a long time ago I was playing around with modding this game, but I have to confess I am quite rusty. I had in mind to take modding back, but I'd like to see whether I can change some units I don't like. Trolls above all.

Never been a scripter, but with EDB and EDU I was quite familiar. For sure I won't be modding hard, but in case something decent comes out I will gladly pass you what I will do. Then you will decide whether to take it or to discard it. This mod is promising :-)

I got the starting buildings done yesterday, worked out just as planned. Most of the bugs reported I already got fixed, I'll fix the rest so report any you find. I will probably add in some more new content so I may not do the full release for a bit, plus I want a few more bugs to fix before I do it.

I found a hardcoded bug that could cause a ctd (doesn't seem to be for some really weird reason, maybe because they don't have family trees) in the traits file when Misty Mountains and Gundabad Orcs get new generals. HERE is the fix, paste it over your data folder and overwrite the two files it asks. It will not break saved games at all, but the fix may not take affect either.
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 20, 2017 at 11:27 AM.

Same event reported in a previous post: One of my settlements (Dun Barrows) attacked by a (spawn?) rebel army during the AI turn of Rohan. The previous time happened during the AI turn of Gondor. I guess it should happen during the AI turn of Rebels...

This time autoresolved to avoid crashes.

Autoresolve not always very accurate in showing odds: I have autoresolved a battle I was supposed to win blindly (+/-80% odds in favor), but I lost it. I don't remember the composition of any of the army (one was rebel for sure)

I know this isn't a how to thread, but I think it may be specific to Dagor Ennor and I wasn't able to find a forum that is specific enough. If I want to mess around with the ambush units, say on the "Third Age Free For All" campaign, how would I accomplish that? I tried modifying the unit types in descr_strat in the campaign/custom/TA_FFA folder and it did not change when I tested in game (I tried to change a couple wolves encounters to bandits). I also tried the other descr_strat in the campaign/custom/TA_FFA/desc_strat folder (not sure why there are two). No luck. I also noticed that the coordinates for the ambush units in descr_strat did not coincide with coordinates of the icons on the campaign map, so I think I'm missing something. Maybe a master descr_strat for the Third Age somewhere else? I didn't find a descr_strat in the new data/Third Age folder.

I was able to change the rebel unit types in the settlements, however, just not ambushers. I would really like to help add some flavor with more variable rebel ambush and settlement contingents. I figured it would very likely be a quick one post answer on this thread and not start a whole other discussion. And it's not a First Age question, haha!

Yes that is specific to this mod.

File paths;

data\Third_Age\data\export_descr_unit.txt <--- for all Third and Fourth Age campaigns.

data\world\maps\campaign\custom\NAMEofCAMPAIGN\descr_strat\map.rwm <--- for imperial campaign versions, edit the file in there and delete that rwm and the one in your base folder, then put the regen one back in the other folder when you are done making changes so it gets swapped, or just leave it empty so the game always regens when you delete the one in your base folder if you are going to continue editing the file. For the custom campaign versions do the same in that folder, not the descr_strat folder inside it. Editing the scripts does not require regen of the rwm, neither does the edu. I always do it out of habit just to be safe, though I am usually modding like 20 files at the same time.

You can open the .bat file with notepad to see all the paths. Some files don't actually get swapped though, there are two or even three versions and I just swap the text files to reference different ones for different campaigns. Mainly UI stuff I think, larger files. There are so many files that need to be swapped I had no choice but to do it this way. Which is why the file swapping is a mod in itself, took me a few weeks to figure it out and get it just right. Plus I suck with .bat files, never used them before because they are so limited in their use.

Edit; I don't mind answering specific questions, it is the "How do I animate?" and super vague crap like that I ignore, for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 20, 2017 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgico View Post
    Same event reported in a previous post: One of my settlements (Dun Barrows) attacked by a (spawn?) rebel army during the AI turn of Rohan. The previous time happened during the AI turn of Gondor. I guess it should happen during the AI turn of Rebels...

This time autoresolved to avoid crashes.

Autoresolve not always very accurate in showing odds: I have autoresolved a battle I was supposed to win blindly (+/-80% odds in favor), but I lost it. I don't remember the composition of any of the army (one was rebel for sure)
    I will look into it.

As for the autoresolve, I just edited it for testing this release so feedback on that is needed big time (I never autoresolve so I know nothing about its balance before or now, but the AIvsAI always do so I want it balanced for that reason). Did you have mostly infantry in your army? And what rebels were they, wolves or humans?

I added more to the autosolve so it is more complex than before and easier to balance, but I spent no time balancing it since I don't use it. The settings are found in data/descr_campaign_db.xml (open with notepad);

Code:
       <autoresolve>
         <min_capture_percent float = "5.0"/>
         <max_capture_percent float = "30.0"/>
         <lopsided_thresh float = "1.5"/>
         <lopsided_hn_mod float = "2.0"/>
         <separation_missile_add uint = "1"/>
         <naval_sink_modifier float = "5.0"/>
         <naval_sink_offset float = "2.5"/>
         <naval_sink_max float = "80.0"/>
         <sally_att_def_draw_divisor float = "1.25"/><!--sally battles are a draw if attacker lost and (number of attacker troops) > (number of defender troops)/divisor -->
         <use_new_sett_autoresolve bool = "false"/><!--do we use the new settlement autoresolve -->
         <switchable_defence_exposed bool = "false"/><!--can unit switch exposed state during autoresolve -->
         <gate_defence_num_oil_attacks int = "0"/><!--number of gate oil attacks -->
         <gate_defence_strength_oil_base float = "0.0"/><!--gate oil attack strength -->
         <gate_defence_strength_oil_level_modifier float = "0.0"/><!--gate oil attack strength += modifier * oil_level -->
         <gate_defence_num_arrow_attacks int = "0"/><!--number of gate arrow attacks -->
         <gate_defence_strength_arrow_base float = "0.0"/><!--gate arrow attack strength -->
         <gate_defence_strength_arrow_level_modifier float = "0.0"/><!--gate arrow attack strength += modifier * arrow_level -->
         <gate_defence_num_default_attacks int = "0"/><!--number of gate generic advantage attacks -->
         <gate_defence_strength_default_base float = "0.0"/><!--gate generic advantage attack strength -->
         <gate_defence_strength_default_level_modifier float = "0.0"/><!--gate advantage attack strength += modifier * fortification_level -->
         <sett_defence_num_arrow_attacks int = "0"/><!--number of settlement arrow attacks -->
         <sett_defence_strength_arrow_base float = "0.0"/><!--settlement arrow attack strength -->
         <sett_defence_strength_arrow_level_modifier float = "0.0"/><!--sett arrow attack strength += modifier * arrow_level -->
         <sett_defence_num_default_attacks int = "0"/><!--number of sett generic advantage attacks -->
         <sett_defence_strength_default_base float = "0.0"/><!--sett generic advantage attack strength -->
         <sett_defence_strength_default_level_modifier float = "0.0"/><!--sett advantage attack strength += modifier * fortification_level -->
         <display_strength_oil float = "0"/><!--additional effective army strength for defending residence with oil -->
         <display_strength_arrow float = "0"/><!--additional effective army strength for defending residence with arrows -->
         <display_strength_default float = "0"/><!--additional effective army strength for defending residence with fortification levels -->   
        </autoresolve>
    Vanilla autoresolve only has like 5 lines I think so the above should work much better when tweaked. As you can see from all the zeros I did not do it at all and haven't even used autoresolve since adding it, I just wanted to make sure the code additions didn't cause a ctd for the AIvsAI battles. Changes to autoresolve will be based solely off of feedback, even with all the crap I added to the strat map battles are still the only reason I play this game. Most of the time I just hit the Quick Battle button in the menu to see what I get, and hope it isn't fire drakes when I am trees. For campaigns I always play as two or more factions and in the background while working or modding, or even while playing a different game. You can actually run multiple instances of m2tw and play multiple campaigns as multiple factions at once too. Just don't fight two battles at the same time, brutal lags.

Edit;

.cfg
    Code:
    [features]
    multirun = true ;Allow multiple copies of the game to run simultaneously
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 20, 2017 at 01:23 PM.

I will look into it.

As for the autoresolve, I just edited it for testing this release so feedback on that is needed big time (I never autoresolve so I know nothing about its balance before or now, but the AIvsAI always do so I want it balanced for that reason). Did you have mostly infantry in your army? And what rebels were they, wolves or humans?

I added more to the autosolve so it is more complex than before and easier to balance, but I spent no time balancing it since I don't use it. The settings are found in data/descr_campaign_db.xml (open with notepad);

Code:
       <autoresolve>
         <min_capture_percent float = "5.0"/>
         <max_capture_percent float = "30.0"/>
         <lopsided_thresh float = "1.5"/>
         <lopsided_hn_mod float = "2.0"/>
         <separation_missile_add uint = "1"/>
         <naval_sink_modifier float = "5.0"/>
         <naval_sink_offset float = "2.5"/>
         <naval_sink_max float = "80.0"/>
         <sally_att_def_draw_divisor float = "1.25"/><!--sally battles are a draw if attacker lost and (number of attacker troops) > (number of defender troops)/divisor -->
         <use_new_sett_autoresolve bool = "false"/><!--do we use the new settlement autoresolve -->
         <switchable_defence_exposed bool = "false"/><!--can unit switch exposed state during autoresolve -->
         <gate_defence_num_oil_attacks int = "0"/><!--number of gate oil attacks -->
         <gate_defence_strength_oil_base float = "0.0"/><!--gate oil attack strength -->
         <gate_defence_strength_oil_level_modifier float = "0.0"/><!--gate oil attack strength += modifier * oil_level -->
         <gate_defence_num_arrow_attacks int = "0"/><!--number of gate arrow attacks -->
         <gate_defence_strength_arrow_base float = "0.0"/><!--gate arrow attack strength -->
         <gate_defence_strength_arrow_level_modifier float = "0.0"/><!--gate arrow attack strength += modifier * arrow_level -->
         <gate_defence_num_default_attacks int = "0"/><!--number of gate generic advantage attacks -->
         <gate_defence_strength_default_base float = "0.0"/><!--gate generic advantage attack strength -->
         <gate_defence_strength_default_level_modifier float = "0.0"/><!--gate advantage attack strength += modifier * fortification_level -->
         <sett_defence_num_arrow_attacks int = "0"/><!--number of settlement arrow attacks -->
         <sett_defence_strength_arrow_base float = "0.0"/><!--settlement arrow attack strength -->
         <sett_defence_strength_arrow_level_modifier float = "0.0"/><!--sett arrow attack strength += modifier * arrow_level -->
         <sett_defence_num_default_attacks int = "0"/><!--number of sett generic advantage attacks -->
         <sett_defence_strength_default_base float = "0.0"/><!--sett generic advantage attack strength -->
         <sett_defence_strength_default_level_modifier float = "0.0"/><!--sett advantage attack strength += modifier * fortification_level -->
         <display_strength_oil float = "0"/><!--additional effective army strength for defending residence with oil -->
         <display_strength_arrow float = "0"/><!--additional effective army strength for defending residence with arrows -->
         <display_strength_default float = "0"/><!--additional effective army strength for defending residence with fortification levels -->   
        </autoresolve>
    Vanilla autoresolve only has like 5 lines I think so the above should work much better when tweaked. As you can see from all the zeros I did not do it at all and haven't even used autoresolve since adding it, I just wanted to make sure the code additions didn't cause a ctd for the AIvsAI battles. Changes to autoresolve will be based solely off of feedback, even with all the crap I added to the strat map battles are still the only reason I play this game. Most of the time I just hit the Quick Battle button in the menu to see what I get, and hope it isn't fire drakes when I am trees. For campaigns I always play as two or more factions and in the background while working or modding, or even while playing a different game. You can actually run multiple instances of m2tw and play multiple campaigns as multiple factions at once too. Just don't fight two battles at the same time, brutal lags.

Edit;

.cfg
    Code:
    [features]
    multirun = true ;Allow multiple copies of the game to run simultaneously
    Now that I remember, it was when I took Dun Barrows. So, My army was 2 sword merchant, 4 militia lancers, 2 archers, 1 cavalry (merchant) + Gandalf against those nice green spear-men. Maybe it depends on the fact that, on the battlefield, those green guys are almost immune to arrows. To get rid of them I had to charge them repeatedly on the back while they were steam rolling my infantry units. But the odds looked totally in favor of my army and I lost the autoresolve.

That code looks like mostly focused on settlement battle (and it was my case), but that settlement does not have any passive defense (towers or gates) so, probably, any value different from zero would not have had any effect

I am not sure what that code does yet, and there is probably more in the game engine not used in the game, I still need to look again.

separation_missile should buff archers, they kill more and lose less.

lopsided_thresh is for the odds I guess.

lopsided_hn_thresh I don't know what the hn means.

Something should be for cavalry I assume.

The Barrow Wights in Barrow Downs is what you are talking about? They start as rebels there but they are not in the village raids script, just wolves with low garrison and humans with a higher garrison. The Barrow Wights have a HP bonus for autoresolve specifically, that is handled in the edu for the unit. It probably needs to be lowered, it is supposed to be balanced so they are just as strong in autoresolve as if you fought them. I think it is 1.8 instead of the default 1. I think I did lower it from 2 or something for the AI. I don't think autoresolve takes the HP into account, just numbers, types, etc. Which is why these unit need it, they have very low numbers, without it they would be way too easy to autoresolve against (80 win chance apparently). You shouldn't fight them early on, tier one units will not due. Catapults and javelins work. For lore reasons the region should be rebel for longer than the others and may even be removed in the end since a settlement shouldn't be there. All of Eriador and the faction needs an overhaul really. Other than the RK stuff and renaming some units I haven't really done anything specific with that faction. I do plan on making it more unique and redoing the units, I just did some quick superficial stuff so far to make it tolerable to me. They shouldn't control Bree so even that may change with more ruined buildings added to the other settlements to repair. The goal will be to make it fit with lore more, so it shouldn't be a 'build an empire' faction (more of an RPG faction), becoming the RK is the way to be an empire and that only requires one thing, which also fits the lore.
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 20, 2017 at 06:50 PM.

hmmm that number is the mass but lowering that will make them easier to kill, I'll have took it up on a tutorial where the fake HP thing is, I don't remember. I never learned about this autoresolve stuff, not sure if anyone ever has. Even the game developers didn't want to mess with it it seems.

Edit;

stat_health 8, 3

The second number is for animal HP (vanilla dog handlers I assume, not horses) but is taken into account in auto resolve for all units apparently so that is probably the best way to balance autoresolve. I think I set them all to 3 this last release now that I think about it when I added in that extra code, can't remember why, read it somewhere. I probably have it written down in my to do list of what that means and what I was going to do.

The first number is how many hits they can take, 8 is a lot so ya arrows don't do much. I intentionally made them really OP though, 2 or 3 is probably enough.
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 20, 2017 at 07:03 PM.

This post is not truly a feed back (in strict sense), but some thoughts after having played Eriador for about 100 turns.

I think that Eriador simply should not exist as a faction. Probably it would be better to have a small Hobbit faction (frozen) in the area. Dwarves should be passive/defending mostly because to see them invading the planes (an environment they shouldn't be eager to live in) looks weird.

The Elven factions (Imladris and Lindon, or merged as they are in some mods) should have a kind of random behavior decided at the very beginning of the campaign: a chance to leave the Middle Earth (so each and every settlement abandoned) or to stay and fight. That would be the only true "good" faction active in the area fighting Gundabad and OMM. In case they stay, the Shire could become their protectorate (with an increase of King Purse to represent a kind of tax) and Elves should be able to recruit some Dunedain units (cavalry, mostly) as well as some dwarven ones if allied with the Dwarves (mainly infantry. Pikemen?). Only few additional units and with very slow recruitment time.

All settlements should give a small contribution to the general economy as they are supposed to be very little and with very few residents.

The number of regions could be decreased: so, in case the Elves decide to leave ME, Gundabad and OMM will flood the area, but they won't gain significant economic benefits. If the Elves stay, they have a path to Gundabad and OMM.

Personally, I would merge Imladris and Lindon.

Dwarves could stay as playable faction. In that case, the player will decide his fate.

I never split Imladris and Lindon so no idea what you are talking about there. I added all the far north regions with drakes to represent the Dwarves digging in their mines and not really helping out since conquering those regions doesn't help any of the good guys. The Dwarves of Ered Luin are most likely still OP in this mod, I have already nerfed them a lot, and will do so more (maybe just have them start with one region and have them recapture the other, or just move the other region elsewhere). Gundabad I don't get what is up with them, they got so many boosts this last release.

Edit;

The whole Eriador situation will be changed eventually for the Third Age, it is actually pretty fun in the Fourth Age with Saruman and the Dunlendings starting up there.
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 21, 2017 at 12:18 PM.

I never split Imladris and Lindon so no idea what you are talking about there.
    Sorry, my fault. I didn't express myself in a clear way. I wanted to say that in some other mods Lindon and Imladris are the same faction (merged). Probably, for a Third Age, could make sense to have Lindon and Imladris as one faction.

Sorry for my bad english, but it is not my native language

Ive been just thinking about a third age mod that is made only by the book and not the films could this be what ive been dreaming of

Playing as Eriador the best way for me is to bypass all the village settlements (Eriador is a very depopulated area) and go for the Tharbads, they crap no population either but you can build everything there. The villages take like 20 turns to start profiting off of and can only build like 10 things so taking them really early is only one approach. Scooping up too many early on is bad though.

Playing as Beornings for example I don't even bother going into Mirkwood (like the barrow downs it should be avoided early on), I win settlements but it costs me in the long run and usually pisses Mordor off so they focus me, which costs me even more in the long run. Instead I usually rush the Misty Mountains to capture a huge settlement and hurt my enemy.

As Dwarves, stay away from drakes early on. And use loose formation, they drakes area of attack match the size of their mouths so the big ones are best dealt with this way. Using a crappy tier one unit as a distraction and flanking or shooting them with javs and catapults works too. Tier one units are not expensive so you save money killing them along with the drakes. And of course mercs are always good for this since they have higher upkeep, I always make sure my mercs take the brunt of any battle then I disband them. They do get free upkeep in settlements and forts/villages so I would stock up on the good merc unit like the jav throwers, they are rare so don't waste them.
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 21, 2017 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapacem View Post
    Ive been just thinking about a third age mod that is made only by the book and not the films could this be what ive been dreaming of
    My opinion of the books, I haven't added anything from the movies, but I have not replaced everything from TATW. I am about halfway done adding and changing before I do that, even then gameplay is the priority over lore if any conflicts arise. And there is no shortage of my own 'fan fiction' in there but that is all based off of history not fantasy so it isn't even fan fiction to me really. This is certainly not a lotr movie fanboy mod and never will go in that direction. It is what I wanted M2TW to be if I made a mod for it only set in Middle-earth (and Beleriand now) and uses TATW as a base to save me a buttload of time and effort. I made it for me so I don't think it is that popular, certainly not on this forum since most here seem to like M2TW's gameplay as is.

Edit; As for visuals, my views fit more with Ted Nasmith's depictions (I do use some of his stuff) than the movies or that other guy whose name I can't remember. I plan to make my own stuff eventually though, making the game worth playing for me is the priority now before I spend time making it look how I want.
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 21, 2017 at 04:54 PM.

My opinion of the books, I haven't added anything from the movies, but I have not replaced everything from TATW. I am about halfway done adding and changing before I do that, even then gameplay is the priority over lore if any conflicts arise. And there is no shortage of my own 'fan fiction' in there but that is all based off of history not fantasy so it isn't even fan fiction to me really. This is certainly not a lotr movie fanboy mod and never will go in that direction. It is what I wanted M2TW to be if I made a mod for it only set in Middle-earth (and Beleriand now) and uses TATW as a base to save me a buttload of time and effort. I made it for me so I don't think it is that popular, certainly not on this forum since most here seem to like M2TW's gameplay as is.

Edit; As for visuals, my views fit more with Ted Nasmith's depictions (I do use some of his stuff) than the movies or that other guy whose name I can't remember. I plan to make my own stuff eventually though, making the game worth playing for me is the priority now before I spend time making it look how I want.
    This submod also includes significant elements from the Middle Earth Role Playing Game, such as settlement/villages, peoples, etc. At least my input was!

I don't know anything about that game.