Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Unpacking: The very first steps & simplest method for new modders

according to Userpro these files: msvcp71.dll msvcr71.dll unpack_americas.bat unpack_britannia.bat unpack_crusades.bat unpack_teutonic.bat
    link here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...1&d=1273062172
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 13, 2016 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Double post merged

Default Re: Unpacking: The very first steps & simplest method for new modders

Hey your version worked!!!!! Thank you so very much Lord Gigantus

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

One is glad to be of service

I am suspecting that the download was for the very first version of M2 - older versions have the downloaded files included.

@Gigantus
    There is a lot of threads, too much for me so I've got only one question:
    How I can add cities to the map with Steam version on Windows 7, which files I need to edit/unpack/delete?

Blog Entries

Simply unpack all files using this method - that way you can simply copy the files as you need them. But first post your question in it's own thread in this forum to see what exactly you want.

Anyone know what to do if the unpacker can't open files? trying to modify the britain campaign units

Blog Entries

Only a re-installation of that campaign will fix it. You can uninstall individual add-on campaigns via the control panel, so hopefully it will not much of a problem.

i already re-installed but still have the same error

Blog Entries

I am afraid then your are out of luck. There certainly isn't a problem with the disk version.

Run this tutorial from step 3 onward and delete the medieval ii total war directory in the virtual store if it is present. Then try again.
    Still doesn't work? Verify your steam cache, then try again.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

I have unpacked the files, the DOS window shows it all being unpacked, but then there is nothing inside the DATA folder!

EDIT:

It was working, just that files were unpacked to C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; October 15, 2017 at 05:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Banish the evil of the virtual store Run this tutorial from step 3 onward and delete the medieval ii total war directory in the virtual store if it is present.

And unpack outside the game directory.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789