Thread: Pax Britannia V2-Play as Romano British

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Default Pax Britannia V2-Play as Romano British

Romano-British Playable!

OUT NOW!

Instilation:
    1.Download from TWC
    2. Copy BI folder over your BI folder
    3. Not necesary, but copy rtw data folder over your rtw data folder if you want to paly Borsook's RTW Enhancement.
    4.Delete Map RWM
    5.Play and have fun.

Download here- http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=710

This is the only mod currently out that allows you the chance to play as the Romano-British. They are a challenging faction to play, and only a champion can achieve victory.

Features:

These mods are in the mod, giving it many features

Borsook's- Bi Enhancment
    Seluckos's- New Bi Map
    and Lusted's-Roman Skin Pack

All of these contribute to the mod immensly and are a large difference between v1.5 and v2..

The romano-British now can properly recruit ballistaes and onagers.

The celts stats have been boosted once again, but this time it is more realistic.

Lusted's skin pack covered some romano-British units, but these are completely newly skinned for this mod(at least in the working..)
    Peasnats(finished)
    Monks(finished)
    Coastal Levies(finished)
    British Legionarries(finished)
    Grail Knights(finished)
    British General(finished)

Rember to check later tonight or tommorrow as I will be hurrying to get this out.

~Cheers~
    Last edited by Kscott; October 15, 2005 at 10:45 PM.

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

British Legions(final version)

Skirt modded from Lusted's skin..

old version of skin, but the cape is the same.

Yes there is a hole in the leg, some guy at CA deleted a section of the cas file. I cant model, so I cant fix..
    Last edited by Kscott; October 15, 2005 at 09:49 PM.

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Coastal Levies(final version)

Monks and peasants are also done, but not much has been done. They simply have been hued to less eye burning colors.

MY TWC HISTORY

I hope that having Seleckos's map already will pose no problem. I suppose it is hardly necessary to say this, but this is very fine work. I do disagree with how the earlier version placed a stack of Celts outside Eburacum. It almost guaranteed victory, and taken with both the island's comparative wealth and security, as well as the Celt's 'sailor napoleon' ai settings, they were very frequently the most powerful faction in the region.

No problems, as the game runs fine, just got to finish the last to skins. And about the celts. I purposly made them EXTREMELY hard. I here many complaints that the game is too easy so I attempted to make a mod that was hard for a faction. I want it to take skill to defeat the celts. Their army is still there and it is necesary because I want to make sure every play there will be true war between the celts and Romano-British.

Thanks for the kind words though.

Btw, I can make a banner if anyone wants one..

MY TWC HISTORY

Grail Knights

armor courtesy of Lusted(with editing)

MY TWC HISTORY

Peasants

Like I said earlier, not much, but nice..

MY TWC HISTORY

Indefinitely Banned

Looks cool KoA

and nice job on the skins.

well Updated, out now!

MY TWC HISTORY

WOW, nice starting position.

All I've looked at so far was the family tree for 2 seconds.

Looks fun.
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

wow. very nice. When i get RTW installed on this comp i will be completely sure to check out this mod.

Well, King of Atlantis, that's my opening move on your celt rabble. Cador has all of our cav and will use all of our infanty, save two coastal levies back in london, to help me outflank the pagan scum.

Haven't even fought the battle yet. I just hit alt/tab and resized, jpged and uploaded the image. (I play on Hard/Very Hard ...I will not play where I need 2 times the boats to beat the AI...lol..thus only Hard Campaign. I will, however, give the stupid, dumb, retarded AI everything it has in battle and play on VH. I also NEVER EVER EVER hit pause in battle. You play as is, and hope chit falls into place. TW games are fun if you hit pause in battle. They are AWESEOME FUN if you don't.)

Thought it would be fun for you and good for publicity to post a couple of these images. I'm very excited about your mod and this campaign.

(I've heard one person ask for more provences, because if you take the 2, you've got it made. Maybe make it a horde that starts when the romans pulled out of Britain.....might be fun starting as a horde in the west, but with only a tiny few elite units. I'm brain storming here, please do not take offense, I'm really enjoying the mod. *In fact tommorow I will give you screenshots of Alpin's head on a post as I squeecked out a victory in that battle! :sweatingb )

*Edit, I have fought the battle now!!!

Why only 2600 peeps in London?

I would think by then it would be at least 6-8k. If not more historically, I just like 6-8k for game play!

Inquiring minds wanna know?
    Last edited by Francisco Montana; October 16, 2005 at 02:10 AM.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

were do i delete the map, the game crashes back to the menu were the custom battle is, wat file is the map in so i can delete it

EDIT;
    ma bad i found it now i kick british romano ass, with ma celts
    Last edited by cellnight; October 16, 2005 at 06:55 AM.

I'll fight caus' god left me, there is no hope
    Me, 12/10/05 AD

omg, Alpine's head on a post!!! love to see it....they probably would cut his eye balls out along with his feet and hands. Romano Brits hated the pics and Scottish raiders and the other way around.

Gaius Drakan's Avatar Biarchus

I'm going great with this. Just kicked the Celts out of Britain, going to invade the Saxon homelands by sea soon.

king, I noticed the Sarmatian cavalry get +2experience in hippodrome stables but no +2 in the upgrade to the circus maximus. The mod looks great.. nice job ...just one other thing, I'm surprised that the Romano Brits in BI don't have light cavalry(Foederati) or javelin throwing cavalry. I think they may have historically for the Saxons and Pic invaders were infantry oriented, thus, a tactical advantage to throw darts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Alameda

Why only 2600 peeps in London?

I would think by then it would be at least 6-8k. If not more historically, I just like 6-8k for game play!

Inquiring minds wanna know?
    Its balanced as it is in Selukos's mod.

NEWS UPDATE!:

Wanna play as the slavs and ostrogoths? I am working on a new mod, Pax Romana, which will start in 410, with the roman withdraw from Britian. Young Atilla is in training, and the western empire is being pushed around by the barbs. This will be much more immersful than pax Britannia, and may even include a new faction! Stay tuned for more info.

king, I noticed the Sarmatian cavalry get +2experience in hippodrome stables but no +2 in the upgrade to the circus maximus. The mod looks great.. nice job ...just one other thing, I'm surprised that the Romano Brits in BI don't have light cavalry(Foederati) or javelin throwing cavalry. I think they may have historically for the Saxons and Pic invaders were infantry oriented, thus, a tactical advantage to throw darts.
    hmm.. Well unit list well be completely reworked for Pax Romana..

MY TWC HISTORY

Gaius Drakan's Avatar Biarchus

Pax Romana sounds like a great deal of fun KoA,

(Why are you never on msn any more?)

Wow. King, that sounds very interesting. Every day is like Christmas over here now. lol

Right on Atlantis...fair enough. Was mainly just curious.

I would post more screens of my campaign and Apin's head on a symbolic stick, but I didn't want to turn this thread into a 'Lord Alameda's Pax Britaino Campaign.' lol

Just posted a couple of teasers to give those who haven't tried it a little peak.

Great stuff Atlantis, well done. I had to goto bed last night before carrying on much past the opening somewhat epic battle (ok not size wise, but it was epic in that it was make or break for both me and the celts). So, I've been pacing back and forth waiting for my wife to get off the PC this morning so I could come here and then go conquer the Picts. (She gets 1st turn on PC because I take about 10 hours longer than her hehe. )

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast