Page 62 of 90 FirstFirst ... 123752535455565758596061626364656667686970717287 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1797

Thread: Guide to the ETW map

Ordinarius

Default Re: Guide to the ETW map

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    Code:
      <rec type="grid_cells">
       <bin6>57 ff 57 57 6e 57 57 57</bin6>
       <ary type="boundaries">
        <rec type="boundaries">
         <u>4246799376</u>
         <u>96539527</u>
        </rec>
        <rec type="boundaries">
         <u>2</u>
         <u>4290843533</u>
        </rec>
        <rec type='boundaries'>
         <u>1627459719</u>
         <u>96539532</u>
        </rec>
       </ary>
      </rec>
      <rec type="grid_cells">
       <bin6>57 57 57 ff 73 72 57 57</bin6>
       <ary type="boundaries">
        <rec type="boundaries">
         <u>2952790288</u>
         <u>96539507</u>
        </rec>
        <rec type="boundaries">
         <u>2</u>
         <u>4290843511</u>
        </rec>
        <rec type="boundaries">
         <u>2249195776</u>
         <u>96539519</u>
        </rec>
        <rec type="boundaries">
         <u>1627455504</u>
         <u>96539523</u>
        </rec>
       </ary>
      </rec>
    Values in red are almost certainly wrong. The second <u> part of the same region should be progressively higher.
    Last edited by PietroMicca; March 04, 2012 at 07:28 AM.

Ordinarius

news from taw

now we have a quad_tree exporter for startpos

https://github.com/taw/etwng/

Quad trees represent how much a particular unit/settlement/faction/whatever sees or has seen this turn.

This allows us to take a big step in our research. Now we should be close to 65%. Quad_tree was one of the largest and hardest part of startpos.

News also from trade_routes.esf. Now there's a new xml format that separates trade nodes from the other nodes. New comments about trade also in startpos. News from trade sector in the next future.

Quote Originally Posted by PietroMicca View Post
    Values in red are almost certainly wrong. The second <u> part of the same region should be progressively higher.
    I uploaded the wrong thing for the third part. Here's the correct entry with the new parts in bold. Their position is based on where the Warpath entries are located.

Code:
      <rec type="grid_cells">
       <bin6>57 ff 57 57 6e 57 57 57</bin6>
       <ary type="boundaries">
        <rec type="boundaries">
         <u>4246799376</u>
         <u>96539527</u>
        </rec>
        <rec type="boundaries">
         <u>2</u>
         <u>4290843533</u>
        </rec>
        <rec type="boundaries">
         <u>1627459719</u>
         <u>96539532</u>
        </rec>
       </ary>
      </rec>
      <rec type="grid_cells">
       <bin6>57 57 57 57 57 57 57 57</bin6>
       <ary type="boundaries">
        <rec type="boundaries">
         <u>3054510400</u>
         <u>96539537</u>
        </rec>
        <rec type="boundaries">
         <u>2249216256</u>
         <u>96539543</u>
        </rec>
        <rec type="boundaries">
         <u>757223462</u>
         <u>96539547</u>
        </rec>
        <rec type="boundaries">
         <u>1627463696</u>
         <u>96539561</u>
        </rec>
       </ary>
      </rec>
    I don't think the problem is due to an entry not being in another esf file because I can use the Warpath's pathfinding.esf with any problems.

Also congrats on your and taw's quad_tree and trade_routes findings.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Flikitos View Post
    Hi PietroMicca! For the Second one, the double line which surround the continent is the location of the rigid model of the coastal rigid model.

I do not know if you ever know that.
    where is coastal rigid model?

where is coastal rigid model?
    Main.pack/campaign/coastline

Taraphir's Avatar Semisalis

I´m wound up to a high pitch for news about campaign map research.
    Perhaps PietroMicca, uanime5, Taw and their supporters are up to something.

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Taraphir View Post
    I´m wound up to a high pitch for news about campaign map research.
    Perhaps PietroMicca, uanime5, Taw and their supporters are up to something.
    taw is working on quad_tree in startpos

if successful we will have a tool that will allow us to edit/remove fog of war around an army,a navy, an agent, a building, a route or an entire faction

Now my work is concentrated on startpos in general

character, trade management and something else

and if you are interested, there's a new script that draws all trade routes in a map

That's all for now

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

So we can make new trade routes now ?

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    So we can make new trade routes now ?
    It depends of what do you mean. Maybe there's a misunderstanding. I have said draw routes, not define routes.

All combinations of ports and settlements are already present in the game. If you want a new trade route is possible, but I can't imagine where. If you want activate a trade between 2 nations, it's not possible yet even if it's under research.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Ah alright.

To try to get my new resource to work I decided to try doing a bunch of different things to the grid_data's grid_cells that have 2 <u> entries. Below are the results. All my testing was done in the Americas theatre.

First I tested what happens when you change one of the upper <u> numbers in a rec entry.

• Changed upper <u> number 2249200134 to 2249200135 = loads, no problems.
    • Changed upper <u> number 4248904720 to 4248904736 = loads, no problems.
    • Changed upper <u> number 4248904720 to 4248904731 (not an ETW number) = loads, no problems.

So you can do pretty much anything to the upper <u> entries and ETW won't crash.

Next I tried editing the lower <u> entry. 96539576 and 96539568 are from two different boundaries in the same cell.

• Changed lower <u> number 96539568 to 96539564 = loads, locks up when you click on modified cell.
    • Changed lower <u> number 96539576 to 96539586 = loads, crashes when you click on modified cell.
    • Switched lower <u> number 96539576 and 96539568 around = loads, no problems.

To test whether ETW calculates which lower <u> entries belong to which grid_cell I moved a boundary entry from once grid_cell to a neighbouring grid_cell. ETW loaded with a problem and didn't crash.

So ETW somehow calculates which lower <u> entries the grid_data has to contain, but the cell that they're in and the numerical order of these entries is not important. The pathfinding_areas in the pathfinding.esf may be determine what the lower <u> entries the grid_data needs to contain.

Finally I tried to add this new boundary but ETW kept crashing without loading.

Code:
        <rec type="boundaries">
         <u>2952799271</u>
         <u>96539564</u>
        </rec>
    However when I changed the <u>63623</u> at the top of the grid_data to <u>63624</u> ETW loaded but crashed when I tried to click on anything in the Americas theatre. So the <u>63623</u> is number of boundaries in the theatre and needs to be updated if you add or remove boundaries.

When I changed the lower <u> entry to 96531346 or 96539715 ETW still kept crashing, changing the upper <u> entry to 2952799272 (not used by any other entry) also didn't fix this problem. I tried adding the location for the new resource to the pathfinding_areas but this also didn't stop ETW crashing.

In summary <u>63623</u> is the number of boundaries in the Americas theatre and I don't know how to add more boundaries without making ETW crash.
    Last edited by uanime5; March 08, 2012 at 05:56 PM.

Ordinarius

To try to get my new resource to work I decided to try doing a bunch of different things to the grid_data's grid_cells that have 2 <u> entries. Below are the results. All my testing was done in the Americas theatre.

First I tested what happens when you change one of the upper <u> numbers in a rec entry.

• Changed upper <u> number 2249200134 to 2249200135 = loads, no problems.
    • Changed upper <u> number 4248904720 to 4248904736 = loads, no problems.
    • Changed upper <u> number 4248904720 to 4248904731 (not an ETW number) = loads, no problems.

So you can do pretty much anything to the upper <u> entries and ETW won't crash.
    It's normal. The upper <u> defines just type of trait. If you change this number, that trait won't change position in pathfinding. So if you don't move or remove nothing, nothing should change. It makes sense.

Next I tried editing the lower <u> entry. 96539576 and 96539568 are from two different boundaries in the same cell.

• Changed lower <u> number 96539568 to 96539564 = loads, locks up when you click on modified cell.
    • Changed lower <u> number 96539576 to 96539586 = loads, crashes when you click on modified cell.
    • Switched lower <u> number 96539576 and 96539568 around = loads, no problems.

To test whether ETW calculates which lower <u> entries belong to which grid_cell I moved a boundary entry from once grid_cell to a neighbouring grid_cell. ETW loaded with a problem and didn't crash.

So ETW somehow calculates which lower <u> entries the grid_data has to contain, but the cell that they're in and the numerical order of these entries is not important. The pathfinding_areas in the pathfinding.esf may be determine what the lower <u> entries the grid_data needs to contain.
    This is partially an unexpected reaction. As I have always thought, traits with similar lower <u> are part of the same path. But order is not important. The exact number is important. So we have to draw some formula.

Finally I tried to add this new boundary but ETW kept crashing without loading.

Code:
        <rec type="boundaries">
         <u>2952799271</u>
         <u>96539564</u>
        </rec>
    However when I changed the <u>63623</u> at the top of the grid_data to <u>63624</u> ETW loaded but crashed when I tried to click on anything in the Americas theatre. So the <u>63623</u> is number of boundaries in the theatre and needs to be updated if you add or remove boundaries.

When I changed the lower <u> entry to 96531346 or 96539715 ETW still kept crashing, changing the upper <u> entry to 2952799272 (not used by any other entry) also didn't fix this problem. I tried adding the location for the new resource to the pathfinding_areas but this also didn't stop ETW crashing.

In summary <u>63623</u> is the number of boundaries in the Americas theatre and I don't know how to add more boundaries without making ETW crash.
    <u>63623</u> is probably related to number of boundaries, but it isn't the exact number. Number of boundaries is 35449 and number of traits is 24121.

It is very gratifying to see that the number of views of this thread is rising rapidly and will very soon reach 80000 ?
    The interest in matters regarding campaign map alterations is without doubt a indisputable reality.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

It depends of what do you mean. Maybe there's a misunderstanding. I have said draw routes, not define routes.

All combinations of ports and settlements are already present in the game. If you want a new trade route is possible, but I can't imagine where. If you want activate a trade between 2 nations, it's not possible yet even if it's under research.

Yeah, but when you guys find a way to add new ports, could you use that to make trade routes?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Yeah, but when you guys find a way to add new ports, could you use that to make trade routes?
    absolutely yes

we can

it's a middle way between a work of art and huge jigsaw, but yes we can

+ rep
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Ordinarius

And now there's also quad tree importer made by taw obviously

so now fog of war is fully editable

And now there's also quad tree importer made by taw obviously

so now fog of war is fully editable

!!!

I wish I could rep you again.
    Can this be incorporated somehow into something we could use easily to delete the fog of war in Hybrid startpos' instead of going to saved games and copy-pasting the LOS?

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post

!!!

I wish I could rep you again.
    Can this be incorporated somehow into something we could use easily to delete the fog of war in Hybrid startpos' instead of going to saved games and copy-pasting the LOS?
    Easy is nothing in this game.
    I'll try to explain better what you can do.

First of all, taw made a quad_tree importer.

Quote Originally Posted by taw
    Quad trees represent how much a particular unit/settlement/faction/whatever sees or has seen this turn
    In converted startpos there's a quad_tree folder containing all this. This folder is full of xml file. Xmls can be converted in PGM images (qt_export script). Each image has a particular structure. An upper half completely white and a lower of the same dimension of global map. In black you can see the line of sight of a unit/settlement/faction/whatever. You can edit this black area using any image editor. After this you can convert back modified PGM in xml using qt_import script.

You can delete fog of war in each moment, even in startpos. So you can delete fog of war for a unit/settlement/faction/whatever from the beginning.

PS: maybe you have to edit also LINE OF SIGHT upper and lower bounds. qt_import never used yet.
    Notice: qt_export and qt_import work only in Empire and Napoleon

Splendid development if I´m not very much mistaken!