Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: - Preview I - The Romans -

Default Re: - Preview I - The Romans -

post with wrong text, Delete please.
    Last edited by trent; May 22, 2012 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Some how posted twice with two different texts
    the world can love you or kill you.

The city models from RS2 would be nice for sure! You might want to take a look at the Byzantine city skins from rome medevil. They have very nice looking older roman buildings.

Also I can't wait until this one is out I have been waiting since you said it was being made in like 2008
    the world can love you or kill you.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

There have been some more enhancements for the Roman factions.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

no one's posted here for a while so ill start it off again.
    any more little spoilers before release? just to make the the suspense all that much more unbearable x)

Quote Originally Posted by azulfan01 View Post
    no one's posted here for a while so ill start it off again.
    any more little spoilers before release? just to make the the suspense all that much more unbearable x)
    There's no more previews planned for RR, though I don't know if Gäiten's planning something. He's a very secretive man, you know...

I may think of an update of the units previewed. There has been a lot of work meanwhile ...

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Excelent! aah Gäiten u sure know how to people on their toes!

@joar or @ Gäiten. another question for you.
    based off of my experiences with Rios IB VLTRA GLORIAM ROMAE (which i thank for their hard work),
    but i noticed he didnt really include sprites for the units, keeping them in full 3-D, including when you zoom all he way out, which if im not mistaken is pretty much the same as having the detail set to Highest.
    now i dont exactly have an Alienware computuer or a relativly new one at that, but i can play almost all RTW MODs such as Aristeia TW & RSII, which both have very beautiful graphics, but with Rios IB i cant really play it do to this small issue.
    now my question is simple: will this mod be playable for people with lower end computers? or will you at least include the small favore of having sprites for units? thank you!

Sprites will be used, however, given the new graphics you will need a not so out-of-date computer.

There will be some optional-to-be-installed content, the better your computer is, the better the multimedia gets.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

now i dont exactly have an Alienware computuer or a relativly new one at that, but i can play almost all RTW MODs such as Aristeia TW & RSII, which both have very beautiful graphics, but with Rios IB i cant really play it do to this small issue.
    That is very interesting. From my own experience I consider Aristeia a mod with the most demanding graphics. It caused me so much lag even on the medium settings that I gave up playing after few day.
    In the other hand, Rios mod is runs almost without problems even with higher settings on my computer.

hmm that is odd. i even changed the preferences.txt file so that the units are set back to huge, which would be 160, and 242 depending upon the unit. i do honestly believe that sprites are a low-end-computer's best friend. then again i do turn off things i dont really want to see, helps alot if you know what to teak based off your computer.

And here an Easter egg for the Roman fans: the Lateranensis Imperialis Germanicum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lateranensis Imperialis Germanicum_310313.jpg  

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Great work! I love the period detail here!

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

I love Easter...
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse View Post
    Great work! I love the period detail here!
    Thank you. Due the Details, I think I did this with each unit. Just wait a little longer.

Agent007's Avatar Civis

Nifty unit there! Good to see you're still working on this.

Here another small preview: the Comitatenses Illyrici (East Roman variant).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Comitatenses_Illyrici.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	277725

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Looks really nice.

Agent007's Avatar Civis

Very nice!

For previews for the Romans I get at least some feedback.