Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: - Preview I - The Romans -

♔Charles the Bold♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: - Preview I - The Romans -

Quote Originally Posted by Magistri Militum FlaviusAetius View Post
    oh, i noticed the typo, its actually bethseda softworks, and it came out for xbox (oblivion for 360) and PC... Morrowind is one of my favorite games, along with the IB mods and other RTW mods.
    If someone made a Roman total conversion for Obivion I would be so happy.

I for one am salivating! This has been my favorite mode for a loooong time (other than my personal one I made for the RTW timeframe). It's alot of work, and I will not be one to press you for "when", as I know what is involved. Good luck, and keep up the good work!
    IBRR Fanatic

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

@charles the bold
    Actually, i once saw one for morrowind. But that was made in like, 2005. It's not around anymore.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

This looks great, I'm surprised I didn't run across it sooner!

Just one question; any chance we'll see a more complex pagan religious system this time around? i.e., more diverse and numerous types of temples? Sol Invictus and Mithras get old after a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Well, that world was basically a Christian one. I don't know.
    Do you have any suggestions? I'd like to hear them .

Art by Joar

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

An interesting question. On one hand, the world was basically Christian, and if you want to restore Paganism, it's probably too late anyway, but on the other, and I have no evidence to back this up, I'd think it'd be rather difficult for a culture to completely forget it's roots, but maybe that's just me and my knowledge of 2nd - 3rd century roman culture coming to the fore.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    This looks great, I'm surprised I didn't run across it sooner!

Just one question; any chance we'll see a more complex pagan religious system this time around? i.e., more diverse and numerous types of temples? Sol Invictus and Mithras get old after a while...
    It is of course possible to implement new pagan temples, but then again it would just be for show since the effect will be the same.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by PSEUDO ROMANUS View Post
    Well, that world was basically a Christian one. I don't know.
    Do you have any suggestions? I'd like to hear them .
    It was officially Christian after Theodosius decreed it so, but there were still many many pagans and cultists around, and for a long time till come, Justinian had schools closed including the Neo-platonic academy and I quote from the Codex "We wish to widen the law once made by us and by our father of blessed memory against all remaining heresies (we call heresies those faiths which hold and believe things otherwise than the catholic and apostolic orthodox church), so that it ought to apply not only to them but also to Samaritans [Jews] and pagans. Thus, since they have had such an ill effect, they should have no influence nor enjoy any dignity, nor acting as teachers of any subjects, should they drag the minds of the simple to their errors and, in this way, turn the more ignorant of them against the pure and true orthodox faith; so we permit only those who are of the orthodox faith to teach and accept a public stipend" So I think still need for variety of Pagan sites, perahps incluing the Academy? That said would there be any 'new' large constructions in this period?

Signature made by Joar

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

411 AD- Romans outlaw public pratcises of paganism

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum FlaviusAetius View Post
    411 AD- Romans outlaw public pratcises of paganism
    Really!!!!, they must hide this information in books

Signature made by Joar

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

lemme see where i read that really quick - BRB

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

I think that paganism wasn't outlawed in one go, but it was slowly killed off, and all Theodosius did was declare a dead horse dead.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Quote Originally Posted by constantius View Post
    So I think still need for variety of Pagan sites, perahps incluing the Academy? That said would there be any 'new' large constructions in this period?
    There's several Pagan sites in RR, and adding new Pagan temples is of course possible, but like I wrote: this would only be purely cosmetic since there's no way of making any religious distinctions between different Pagan cults - they would generate Paganism pure and simple.

And what do you mean by "new large constructions"?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Like the new portraits

Awesome stuff, can't wait until this is out.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

woohoo WELL DONE, now those are some great late roman portraits.. among other GREAT things. AWESOME! GREAT WORK +REP

† Christus Vincit, Christus Regnat, Christus Imperat

Thanks!

Large map and beauty mods all let me excited

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

A little suggestion since I love this mod: It would be amazing if you could use the city models also used in Roma Surrectum for the Roman cities in this mod. They are so much cooler and realistic than the vanilla models.
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Quote Originally Posted by helmersen View Post
    A little suggestion since I love this mod: It would be amazing if you could use the city models also used in Roma Surrectum for the Roman cities in this mod. They are so much cooler and realistic than the vanilla models.
    Well, that's a question of getting permission and so on, but we will look into it.