12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 91.67%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

1 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PASSED[Citizen] Lysimachus (Patron: Junius)

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Default PASSED[Citizen] Lysimachus (Patron: Junius)

Client: LysimachusConsilium de Civitate,

The last time I applied you didn't consider me worthy of acceptance, but now, under the patronage of Junius I hope that I have finally reached your expectations and that I will be accepted within the ranks of the Curia. I'll now offer you my contributions, and I feel that I can say that i've kept at what i've been working at.

As you know, I am creator of the M2TW Mod Collection, a thread consisting as of now, approximately thirty modifications of which are all intended to enhance peoples' gaming experience through small improvements rather than a complete revamp such as Stainless Steel. I have my Invading the Americas guide which although basic, is in a usable state. There was my AAR which as you know, was quite successful and was reviewed in the Critic's Quill (of which I am a staff member for now).

In the D&D I have continued to debate, respectfully adding my points to threads, and creating a few of my own. I try to go in to detail when necessary to get my point across, but won't repeatedly go over a point if it doesn't need to. I feel that i've achieved a happy medium between trying to convince the other side of the debate of what I am trying to say, rather than focusing purely on destroying their arguments in a harsh manner, or by cowering out when statistics get thrown at me. Here are a few of my own threads:

Operation Barbarossa - Moscow 1941
    Central Powers winning WW1
    Nuremberg Trials - Yay or Nay?

On top of that are a few more threads which i've taken part in. I'll admit that the mudpit isn't particularly my strong point, so I tend to steer clear of it. The VV is where I mainly post:

Was Julius Caesar all that great?
    Did the Allies let the Soviets take Berlin?
    What if... General Patton did not slap a soldier in Sicily?

I'm a member of the content staff too, and have submitted a number of articles to the Scriptorium:

[TW Guide] Stainless Steel Standards: Campaign Bible {strategy guide}
    [History] The Medieval Horse
    [History] Images of Peace at Persepolis?
    [TW Guide] A Guide to the Rus
    [AAR] Etrurian Renaissance
    [History] Africa: Made Better or Worse by European Colonisation?

I also wrote a review for the latest issue of the Critic's Quill (Issue 18) of "A United God Loving Europe", and I interviewed one of the developers for Dominion of the Sword previously, which featured in an issue of the Eagle Standard. Also, i'm a member of the Wiki Staff, and have so far made a modest contribution to it, which I will expand upon soon. To conclude this, I would like to mention my Stalingrad article which i've written, which is currently being reformatted before submission in to the Scriptorium

As a citizen, I feel it would be my rightful duty to offer my input on proposals being discussed, vote on them and perhaps offer my own ideas too. The Curia has a solid core of members who consistently add to the discussion, but in my eyes it isn't expanding at a very fast rate. Members normally post at first, but then lose interest - but provided I am accepted with the rank, I would consistently add my bit to the threads created and take an active part in it as a whole. Thank you for your consideration,

Lysimachus

Patron: JuniusLysimachus is a great contributor to this site, in many aspects. I'll let him point out the particulars, but his posts in the much maligned VV, often a place of petty and partisan arguments, have been enlightening and informative. Typifying his attitude and skill in this forum is his fine essay on the Second World War, 'Stalingrad' He argues succinctly and to the point, and reserves elaborate eloquence for his contributions to the Content branch, and for his involvement there alone I would have certainly patronised him down the line, given the quality he has already produced for it.

I first came across him in his grand AAR 'Alexander Reborn - A Makedonian AAR', which was very well received by the community and myself. From there he has launched a laudable career in the Content branch, acting as both writer and librarian.

He is a friendly and helpful member, as seen in the guide he produced for the community, who gives his utmost to which ever project or area he is involved in. His single mindedness in these areas would have stopped a lesser member from being so involved in so many areas. However Lysimachus has demonstrated an ability to give continually and ably to the community, despite the many tasks he has set himself. He has worked as a Librarian and as a Content Writer, for two publications, and continues to be active in other parts of the forum.

Recently he has been turned down the Citizenship, but his efforts, instead of becoming down heartened, have redoubled and he has shown himself ready to be received into that illustrious circle. I would be proud to be his patron.

Thanks,

Junius

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Default Re: [Citizen] Lysimachus (Patron: Junius)

Lysimachus is a pretty good VV poster (albeit a little slow with referencing in my experience). He's written some nice articles there. He does involve himself with a few unnecessary skirmishes in the Q & S, but so do i. But i do think he could have presented a stronger foreward than this.

Also:

I dont understand these links as Lysamachus only authored the last one? Am i being a n00bermenschen?

Patrician Citizen

Librarians look around the forums for good articles and then submit them for a vote in the Scriptorium. Essentially they're archivists, so those links are threads he located or were located and sent to him for the purposes of Script inclusion. Legio would be able to explain it more than I can, though obviously finding something is much less of a contribution than writing it.

Ah i see. Well i have certainly liked his WW2 articles, but i may be a little biased as i have more inclination to read them. He can hold his own in debates concerning subjects he has read up on, but would be helped by using more sources but i cant really fault him for this. He seems to have put himself about and put some effort into his posting here on TWC. His archiving is efficient and his AAR was fun.

For me his VV contributions are above average, but these alone may not be enough. Does anyone here have any experience working with him in the Content side of things?

Also: does he come across as a nice guy?

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

His contributions Scriptorium-wise haven't changed all that much since his last application, but I will look into the other parts of the app.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    His contributions Scriptorium-wise haven't changed all that much since his last application, but I will look into the other parts of the app.
    Where is the link to the prior app? I did not seem to be able to locate it. Please find it and call me a noob.

Edit: never mind. It seems to have been filed with the accepted. Was this authorized and correct? If so, where is the authorization? Nothing was added to the end of the thread bu the Curator to indicate such an authorization. btw -- it has only been a month. This means one publication month and some posts to D&D.

(3-10-0) Poll: [Civitate] Lysimachus (Patron: Acco)
    Last edited by Viking Prince; May 05, 2010 at 01:51 AM.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Prince View Post
    Edit: never mind. It seems to have been filed with the accepted. Was this authorized and correct? If so, where is the authorization? Nothing was added to the end of the thread bu the Curator to indicate such an authorization. btw -- it has only been a month. This means one publication month and some posts to D&D.
    I'm less concerned about the possibility he wasn't contacted about that, since I spoke to him about it so I'm fairly certain he was, than I am that other users who failed recently have not been provided the option to make it public. The Amendment passed only recently, so Meg is probably aware of it, but maybe we need to make a sticky in this here forum reminding future Curators that they need to ask if the failed applicant/defendant wants their case published.

Patrician

Also documentation of some type in the thread would be nice.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.

Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Sųren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

His Stalingrad article is the highlight of his resubmission. It's well-designed, and of greater quality and length than many things citizens have entered with. I think he's good enough to become one now.

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Sųren View Post
    His Stalingrad article is the highlight of his resubmission. It's well-designed, and of greater quality and length than many things citizens have entered with. I think he's good enough to become one now.
    Speaking of which, it should probably be moved to the Musaeum. One of our illustrious Seniors/Globals can tend to that I'm sure.

He's posted ~350 times in the D&D since his last application, so there's an adequate sample size on debate contributions. What I've read so far give me the impression that he's continuing the trend of good debate participation started in the last few months, so I'd be inclined to vote Yes if that seems to be the case when I go over more of them.

I'm going to vote yes on this one, despite the disappointment of losing his application last time he's continued to contribute and have a positive attitude.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Yes, I think he has contributed enough by now.
    Curious Curialist curing the Curia of all things Curial.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

His time has come.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Content Emeritus

I agree.

Patrician

So be it. I agree with all that has been posted with nothing more to add.

Civitate

I agree with all the previously made points.

Patrician Citizen

I agree with all of you guys.

Are we playing the agree with each other in succession game? I do so love that game.

The only poll i can see is Legio

Content Emeritus

that EGGsplains a lot, heinz

lolololololol

<3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast