Thread: [SUBMOD] NER REMIX V1b for v0.75.1 (May 7)

Icon2 [SUBMOD] NER REMIX V1b for v0.75.1 (May 7)

REMIX V1b
    V1b changes:
    Due to people saying AI can't handle longer ranges well I reduced the ranges
    -Infantry has range of 100
    -Light Infantry have range of 125
    -Rifles have range of 180
    -Fatigue values changed so troops get a little more tired running
    -Rifle troops get less tired shooting and others get tired a little quicker
    -projectile explosions changed so explosive shot is a bit more deadly but remains more inaccurate

V1a changes:
    -Sorry V1 was wrong version, this one is the right one

V1 changes:
    Land Combat Changes:
    -Infantry muskets range increased to 120 (accuracy of muskets reduced)
    -Light Infantry muskets range changed to 140
    -Rifles have a range of 200
    -Muskets are now more deadly at closer range
    -Reload time reduced on muskets
    -Artillery ranges increased accross the board
    -Higher chance of routing units coming back
    -Charge effectiveness significantly increased
    -Squares are now less effective at stopping cavalry
    -Cavalry less effective when attacking infantry in line
    -And a few other things
    Naval Combat changes:
    Not yet, but hopefully some in next release

Installation:
    1. Extract using WinRAR or 7-zip
    2. Repace the "NER_Combat" file with the one extracted
    3. Run game and enjoy

Feedback is Appreciated
    Last edited by OneEyeMick; May 07, 2010 at 02:20 PM.

"Where in hell is the rear?" -George Armstrong Custer, 1864

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: [SUBMOD] NER REMIX V1a for v0.75.1

Ok welcome, i like this prefix [SUBMOD] and will adapt it for the other earlier submod thread-title.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

whats the general purpose of this mod? whats it trying to achieve?

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Quote Originally Posted by Marku View Post
    whats the general purpose of this mod? whats it trying to achieve?
    I've been trying to make the mod more realistic in my perspective. Like longer musket ranges, They did shoot far away with smoothbore muskets but were very inaccurate so I increased range but kept accuarcy low. I increased rifle accuracy also because I believe the rifles in the origanal NER mod were too inaccuarte. Artillery could shoot far so ranges have been increased. howitzers less accurate and rockets very inaccurate. I still see fatigue changes are in order for my submod and other changes. Also squares effeciveness decresed because square formations were made to prevent flanking mainly. Cavalry effectiveness against infantry in line decresed because the effectiveness of cavalry was in the charge no the long term melee. It would be easy for an infantry man to stab the rider or horse with his bayonet because the horse is surround be men. Charge effectiveness is very important. Lancers now destroy units in a charge using their lances.

But basically this is just a different perspective of the realism

Alan.rio's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyeMick View Post
    I've been trying to make the mod more realistic in my perspective. Like longer musket ranges, They did shoot far away with smoothbore muskets but were very inaccurate so I increased range but kept accuarcy low. I increased rifle accuracy also because I believe the rifles in the origanal NER mod were too inaccuarte. Artillery could shoot far so ranges have been increased. howitzers less accurate and rockets very inaccurate. I still see fatigue changes are in order for my submod and other changes. Also squares effeciveness decresed because square formations were made to prevent flanking mainly. Cavalry effectiveness against infantry in line decresed because the effectiveness of cavalry was in the charge no the long term melee. It would be easy for an infantry man to stab the rider or horse with his bayonet because the horse is surround be men. Charge effectiveness is very important. Lancers now destroy units in a charge using their lances.

But basically this is just a different perspective of the realism

I had the same thoughts regarding musket range OEM, but was won over by the argument that the problem with increasing range and decreasing accuracy is that the AI don't realize they are not hitting anything even though they are still engaging at maximum range. I agree with the charge increase, but disagree with your weakening of the square formation. Historically it was incredibly effective, Napoleonic battle accounts are littered with even poorly trained infantry holding off elite cav, the only effective way of breaking them was luck or arty.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan.rio View Post
    I had the same thoughts regarding musket range OEM, but was won over by the argument that the problem with increasing range and decreasing accuracy is that the AI don't realize they are not hitting anything even though they are still engaging at maximum range. I agree with the charge increase, but disagree with your weakening of the square formation. Historically it was incredibly effective, Napoleonic battle accounts are littered with even poorly trained infantry holding off elite cav, the only effective way of breaking them was luck or arty.
    With the muskets they will fire at max range but you too have to fire at max range. You can move closer to be more effective or wait for the A.I. to move closer (If they do)
    The Real effectiveness of the square was that you can't be flanked so the infantry can fire at the charging cavalry which are very vulnerable. And the squares in game are small compared to ones formed by batallions or regiments during the wars. The square still has an advantage stopping cavalry just not so much.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

OneEyeMick - its good to see folks making their own changes to suit their tastes, and thank you for sharing it.
    A couple of comments, if I may: The longer musket ranges have a significant knock-on effect (as well as the fact that left to its own devices, the AI starts firing too far away to be effective). These other effects are cuased by the AI firing from farther away: It changes the AI army's approach and the triggering of charges and supporting unit moves. If you don't see any oddities here, then that's good. One other things here is that for me, a lover of the visuals, having units so fire so far away from each other loses some of the 'man-to-man' drama. With regards squares, with the current NER, I am having squares broken with some frequency if you use good quality heavy cavalry. Almost too frequently, in fact. Light cavalry and poorer dragoons etc. stand no chance against squares - which is the way I think it should be. My concern with squares is that in-game cavalry are beaten by them while they are still forming - when in fact the infantry would be VERY susceptable at that point and likely get destroyed by the cavalry. But I am not aware of any way to fix that.