Thread: TGA files

Libertus

Default TGA files

Hey Uanime (sp?) mentioned something about tga files a couple weeks back in the etw mapping forum. So I decided to take a look at the TGA files in C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data\campaign_maps\nap_europe. So I downloaded the newest version of quicktime and opened it up. What I found was an image of the map with all of the borders of the regions in it, just like Uanime said, but was unable to mess with them at all. I googled "TGA editior" and downloaded a program called "TGA tool" that allegedly allows you to edit the file. Unfortunately, I'm no modder so I have no idea what I'm doing here. Just wanted to let everyone know here in the NTW forums about Uanime's observation and what I've done thus far to see if it could help anyone who's more experienced at this. +rep me if this turns out to be useful please.

Default Re: TGA files

hmm this is relevant to my interests... I'll check this out.

EDIT: what program did you use detat?
    Last edited by PrayForPlagues; May 05, 2010 at 12:38 AM.

"Close your eyes, Pray for Plagues"

nice find ! i hope modders will find this and i really hope it works , i want to see more regions !!!! rep+

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Not trying to burst the bubble here (since I love any encouragement on the map front) but the TGA file is a small part of the overall method for modding the map but it won't change regions by itself. As Detat stated there is some research being done on the esf files over in the Empire forums.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

No, the tga file is only part of it, it appears the spline files define borders.

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Yeah, I had mentioned the spline files over in the esf thread as well. I figured it had something to do with defining regions so I pointed them to it just so it was in the back of their minds (not that they really needed my help anyway).

Libertus

Ah I see Hazbones, thanks for clearing that up for me. BTW, I'd read somewhere that rigid splines might have something to do with AutoCAD, does that hold any water? Also to PFP, the tool I found was called TGAtool 1.1 on softpedia, though it dosen't look like it will be of much help now. And to Garuda thx for the rep.