Thread: absolutely brillant :)

Default absolutely brillant :)

I just eliminated crusades against such cities like vienna, frankfurt, vilnus (because in my opinion all-european crusades were organized against muslims, campaigns under name "crusade" that were organized in Europe against heretics or as element of politic were "local" and didn't have "paneuropean" character. Anyway - now or any AI player cannot change balance of power because crusade against Holy Roman Empire.

And I want to say - that first time (I played some times in MTW before, but standard version was hmmm - worse than best RTW mod and best MTW 2 mod (in my opinion it was broken crescent) had many mistakes (anyway, it was fine)

but SS 6.1 + RC / RR is something amazing. The game is absolutely fantastic. I play Poland and first time since MTW 1, I feel this medieval eastern european climate. Aliances stand firm (yes, diplomacy really works), battles look fantastic and AI is really good (not the best, but fine is enough)

congratulations. I waited for such mod till MTW 2 was issued!

Default Re: absolutely brillant :)

What file did you mod specifically to eliminate crusades against excommunicated catholic factions? ive been considering this for my mod because i generally agree with you, that excommunicated factions should be able to be attacked without penalty but crusades should be limited to pagan and muslim heathens.

glad you enjoy rr/rc!
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

Yeah, tell us everything.

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Go to data/world/maps

From here you either go to base/descr_regions.txt for the main campaign, or campaign/custom/whatever_campaign/descr_regions.txt

Whichever you choose, remove the "crusade" resource from any cities you like, then save and delete map.rwm from the same folder

Same for jihads.

Next update soon

ps - I deleted "crisades" and works fine in my game. also time between crusades could be changed (I put it as 20 years). BTW - anyway, some cities are still listed on the potential targets (in my game denmark was excommunicated, and their cities appreared) - but as I spotted - it's impossible to target such city, because pope always refuses...

Quote Originally Posted by marcius2000 View Post
    I just eliminated crusades against such cities like vienna, frankfurt, vilnus (because in my opinion all-european crusades were organized against muslims, campaigns under name "crusade" that were organized in Europe against heretics or as element of politic were "local" and didn't have "paneuropean" character. Anyway - now or any AI player cannot change balance of power because crusade against Holy Roman Empire.

And I want to say - that first time (I played some times in MTW before, but standard version was hmmm - worse than best RTW mod and best MTW 2 mod (in my opinion it was broken crescent) had many mistakes (anyway, it was fine)

but SS 6.1 + RC / RR is something amazing. The game is absolutely fantastic. I play Poland and first time since MTW 1, I feel this medieval eastern european climate. Aliances stand firm (yes, diplomacy really works), battles look fantastic and AI is really good (not the best, but fine is enough)

congratulations. I waited for such mod till MTW 2 was issued!
    Glad you like it, its an ongoing work-in-progress, plenty more to do yet

But what happens if a non-Christian faction takes a Christian city (like Frankfurt). Then you can't get a crusade against it?