Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 50.00%
  • No

2 25.00%
  • Abstain

2 25.00%

Thread: PASSED[Artifex]Vikingr (patron : absinthia )

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default PASSED[Artifex]Vikingr (patron : absinthia )

parton: absinthia
    Honorable members of the CdeC.

Vikingr`s activities on TWC is two fold, modding and writing, which indicates a broad interest for the site in general. The time invested in these commitments suggest that Vikingr will continue as an active member of the TWC-community. In my opinion an active member would likely become an active citizen.
    I would also like to applaud Vikingr(and the WotN team) for releasing their unused units as a community modding resource.
    So without further ado, I submit for your approval; Vikingr
    hurra, hurra, hurra!

client: Vikingr Dear Cdec

I consider myself to be a dedicated modder and contributor to TWC, and think I would be good citizen material.

So here is my modding history and contributions to the TWC community:

The mod
    My first big project to ever take on was Wrath of the Norsemen, I had basically no modding skills except some basic photoshop type stuff. I was quite pie in the sky, as many new modders are, but I had some determination and spare time, and with the help of others in the community I have improved and expanded my modding abilities. WotN was a dead project when I became the new mod leader, but after some time a new team was gathered and the project is still going strong today.
    After a while I also joined Patria Libera, basically to just help with research as I am a keen history lover, and was glad to share whatever I could. I have also recently joined other smaller projects as a researcher.
    I have been a smaller part of other projects, in most cases very small, but still willing to help when needed. These mods include: The Frontier, Claimants, Heirs, and Conquerors, and The Shadow of Ishtar.

Wrath of the Norsemen previews:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=284456
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=313416
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=319877
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=330388
    *plus* http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=301465

The forum
    I hang around quite a few forums at TWC, most of the time it is the modding area, but I also have been posting *fairly* regularly in the Arts and Thema Devia. I can say that I have pretty much posted in every area at least once by now, or at least it seems like it.

A lot of discussion has been in profile posting or PMs though... I don't know if that counts.

The community
    I can gladly say that I have in the past helped quite regularly when it came to new mod threads popping up, I have been in the position of someone with no or little skills wanting to start up a big mod, so I like to think I can maybe be of help to others... Experience, that sort of thing. I was actually posting frequently in the M2TW "Need Mod Recommendations" thread for quite some time, helping people find mods they are interested in, I have not been doing this lately though due to lack of time.
    I have created one modding tutorial, not a lot, but it is something.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=293173

I also have been, and will continue to be an interviewer for the Silver Shield.
    4th edition
    6th edition

In short
    I'm Vķkingr, a little crazy, but friendly and keen to help others, and of course I'm a guy with an unhealthy addiction to modding and history.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default Re: [Artifex]Vikingr (patron : absinthia )

Well he is on the right track with his contributions but i would like to see a release on Wrath of the Norsemen as i would like to see him contribute a bit more to the Silver Shield.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

i say yes

Civitate

Viking Prince if this guy is a relation, you must admit conflict of interest.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

i want to punch you in the face for that joke. Actually punch you in the face.

How long has Wrath of the Norsemen been in development?

To my untrained eye, his units look pretty nice.

Content Emeritus

i say put him in the curia now

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    i want to punch you in the face for that joke. Actually punch you in the face.
    CdeC Support.

How long has Wrath of the Norsemen been in development?
    Too long, like many mods, including mine.

To my untrained eye, his units look pretty nice.
    We have to make sure whatever units we're looking at are actually his units. I'm almost entirely certain none of the released units in the pack are his, since they were older units from before he joined the team which were reworked. He's listed as a modeler/skinner, but so are three others. I'll try and snoop around, but if anything finds information to suggest which units he personally made please post it, because their previews are bad about accreditation.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

^this is why we need you here. this is why i need you.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

I will credit him for moving the WotN forward. I am not so certain that such credit is really sufficient for citizen though. Previews are fine, but...

A couple of issues of the SS add to the contribution.

If Agustus Lucifer can find some actual modding of units, that will be enough for me. Until then, I am on the fence. He is definitely on the right track in any case.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Content Emeritus

vpoted yes

aja5191's Avatar TWC Bearcat

On the way...to be seen if now is the time.

I'll await the results of ALs snooping, he's a much better snoop than me... I need to get him on contract one of these days...

Patrician Citizen

According to the previews which are accredited, all I can find are two units attributed to him in the 2nd Baltic Preview. He also made a couple units for his The Lion Rampant mod. Judging by those units I'd say it's a good effort but he definitely seems like more of a coder than a unit artist, though it's possible I'm just spoiled in that respect by the cadre of artists surrounding me. He strikes me as someone who wants to help out just in general, and so goes out of his element to perform various tasks, which is a good attribute of a mod leader. I'd liken his position right now to that of Mega Tortas initially, where he's helpful and puts work in places but doesn't have his hand in a substantial released enterprise.

I can't find anything to suggest that the released units were made by him -- as everything points to the contrary since they predate his joining -- only that he facilitated their release, which is nice but again not substantial. He has obviously done some good work as a mod leader and in terms of public relations in order to revive a dead mod and get it churning out some work, but the fruits of that labor are yet to be seen in terms of an actual release, and when a mod is as historically unstable as WotN it's difficult to sign an IOU on its release.

At this juncture I'm not sure he's quite there yet. His main contribution is very clearly his work and facilitation of WotN. If their progress thread is to be believed the mod is 80% complete as of April 20th, though that may very well be an exaggerated assertion. Either way, if he keeps working at the mod over the summer I'm sure we'll see a release and then there can be no question as to his worthiness for the rank.

Patrician Citizen

Hm, forgot to vote on this one. Lack of that vote hack to see what I voted in is really throwing me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    Hm, forgot to vote on this one. Lack of that vote hack to see what I voted in is really throwing me off.
    Sorry, didn't know it extended in here too. What a crap job I am doing eh? I will go back and remove all of the periods tomorrow.

PM sent.

Devoirs The Empress
    Last edited by Empress Meg; May 12, 2010 at 08:44 PM.
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard