Page 1 of 92 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: [DEV THREAD] Causa Belli Mod Dev Thread (DMUC Minor Factions)

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Default [DEV THREAD] Causa Belli Mod Dev Thread (DMUC Minor Factions)

Hi Guys - for those of you that like to play the so called minor nations some good news.

The factions that are playable (the ones marked with blue are complete): as at 15th July 2010

Austria
    Great Britain
    Maratha
    Mughal
    Ottoman empire
    Prussia
    Spain
    Sweden
    United Provinces

Activated:
    Bavaria
    Denmark
    Hannover
    Hungary
    Italian/Papal States
    Malta (Knights of ...)
    Mysore
    Persia
    Portugal
    Venice
    Westphalia
    Wurtemberg
    +
    Greece
    Ireland
    Naples & Sicily
    Punjab
    Savoy
    Scotland
    USA
    Genoa
    Mexico
    +
    Croatia
    Serbia

32 in total

Initially we will leave this in the main section and after a time once we have links we will transfer to the sub-mod section

Many of you will be directly or indirectly familiar with the work of POM, (German minor states and Brit Mod) he has turned his talents now to the Italian states

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=354710.

I believe as well that in the next release of AUM Swiss will be making some units for the region.

In addition we have interest/requests for - if anyone has more please post and will add to the wishlist in this post, whilst we may not all get what we wish for we will have a start point.

I would add that the intent is that these MOD's will be compatible with the DM/DMUC but will optional sub-mods, intructions where needed will be supplied in order to intall.

As these are completed I will add/edit relevant links after they move from WIP (work in progress). Once the link is up please feel free to look but note that I will bold and colour the link green once it is adpated/ready for use.

I would ask only one thing that once these MOD's are adpated that if you download you rep+ the creator and the little I will post the link to their profile in any download, I think it is the least we can do for the extra enjoyment these guys bring us (when you do rep them make sure you put your name in he comment box so they know who it came from)

1. Eastern Factions - we have started Persia and will continue with fleshing out the others - initial request from alhoon
    Persia - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=354714
    2. US playable MOD from 1700 - initial request from 1in1class
    3. Scotland - Marku http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=349330 (& darmoth)
    4. Ireland -
    5. Italian States - initial request from Matrixstorm
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=354710.

6. Colonial Sub-mod - this will be adapted from the excellent MOD by General Cornwallis and was initially requested by Iron Duke78
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=296992

7. German States MOD - AOR variant (not the existing DMUC version) originally requested by Admiral_TvS
    This mod allows you, once you have taken the home province, to recruit any of the units from that state.
    So if you take Saxony, you will have the Saxon roster to play with, the same for all 5 German States, Hannover, Bavaria, Westphalia, and Wurttemberg.
    The countries that this affects are as follows, Austria, Britain, France, Prussia, Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands, Poland, Spain and Russia. The units are only available in the home provinces, this includes the German States.
    8. Brit MOD - by POM - I love extra units
    9. Sharpes MOD - got to be updated
    10. Scarlet Dawn - General Cornwallis - in case the Brits do not have enough units
    11. Hungary - xwhyzed
    12. Croatia - Odinarius - a possible adaptation from the Croatia Playable MOD http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...oatia+playable
    13. North American Indian faction review, - Ahlerich
    Last edited by ♔hammeredalways♔; July 15, 2010 at 06:24 AM. Reason: status update
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Default Re: Minor Factions - initially the Italian States

Sir, can you link to the details about that US sub-mod? I would HIGHLY appreciate it.
    My Ukulele Cover of Death Note L's Theme
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhP70qHqsVg

Hi Shonos47 - apologies I will edit the initial post with the links underneath
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

great news- is it possible to have the US start as a GB protectorate? then the player could choose independence by declaring war against GB.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Hammered-NICE!!

Authoritarian-that would be interesting...

thanks and agreed we can but look - please remember though some things are hard coded or impossible (example stopping the Frenchies surrendering at the sight of the Redcoat I believe is in the games code some things needed to reflect realism)

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Well hammered, to misquote a famous saying "Never in the field of human conflict has so much been surrendered by so many to so few."
    (Historically that was a British general in North Africa talking about the Italians before Rommel turned up but you get the idea)

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

I would like to make Pom's IS mod an official part of the DMUC once he is done (I mean really done with all that he intends to do).

I'm also planning to add those new Portuguese Units by Geronimo once he is done.

What I REALLY need tho is some Poland Units, they are the only major faction I don't have extra units for.

hip63

Man this is so cool. I was actually planning to do those things myself
    Now this would make my last days of vacation awesome
    My Ukulele Cover of Death Note L's Theme
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhP70qHqsVg

Very nice Keep that good work going

no probs., Hip thought you would - I already have the variant of his German States ready (subject to 6.0 changes) and his Brit MOD, along with General Cornwallis's Scarlet Dawn -

Perhaps I will ask joedreck if he can assist with the Polish and I am sure there were some good skinners in one of the other MOD's who was Polish so I will see if we can persuade him

Geronimo's units are very good as well

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Dude, the German States were like some of the first extra units I added, they have been in there a long time now.

I even added that last ones he did a few weeks back

But they other stuff sounds good

hip63

MatrixStorm's Avatar Campidoctor

Sweet!

Thank you very much!

That deserves a of rep!

I know I mean the the variant startpos version so you can create the first Reich once you conquer the minors and have a highly colourful army composition

Lexandro81's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post
    I know I mean the the variant startpos version so you can create the first Reich once you conquer the minors and have a highly colourful army composition
    AWESOME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post
    please remember though some things are hard coded or impossible
    im geting the feeling if you wont be a moderator first of all you have to learn and often use this cliché
    i'm from if you like my post or it did helped you, you can +rep me

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

It's a copy/paste issue - there are cliche's to use - makes life more easy.....

Hi jogamen - I love fishing but you forgot the hook

please remember though some things are hard coded or impossible (example stopping the Frenchies surrendering at the sight of the Redcoat I believe is in the games code some things needed to reflect realism)

hammeredalways - im just joking. i can really understand that some things its not possible to modify but almost all things that would make this game even more better are not allowed to change - thats the reason why im so frustrated as lot of other gamers are too. i never did any modification in ETW only in M2TV - changing amount of ammo, range and some abilities of units but nothing more because it was a bit complicated for me and dont had the time to do that. THATSWAY i really appreciate the moders to do this for us. if there were something i could help with i will do it right now
    i'm from if you like my post or it did helped you, you can +rep me

Hi jogamen - I know thanks (the red part is Brit humour)

Page 1 of 92 12345678910112651 ... LastLast