Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Empror dies with no mature heir i need to avoid it

Default Empror dies with no mature heir i need to avoid it

My emperor dies at age 58 or something like that and i have a heir at age 13, i cannot modify savegames since i dont know which program i have to use and I dont want to dump my campaign. What can i do?

Savage_Swede's Avatar Carolus Rex

wow that has never happened to me. where did the rest of your family go? did you sacrifice them all or something?

While this is a rare occurance, it occasionally does pop up and bite you in the ass. You can never truly guarantee that it won't happen to you, but you can take steps to make it less likely to do so. The biggest one would be to get your princes married off as soon as you can. Have emissaries all over tracking down likely princesses. The AI seems to turn you down a lot, but keep trying. The smaller the faction, the more likely they will agree to a marriage. The only other thing you can do is play as the HRE, and if your king dies without an heir, then your best general will be crowned.

In patronicum sub Tacticalwithdrawal
    United States Marine as of 3/31/2006

But it is not my mistake i have never lost a king or a prince in battle, my king doesnt have any bad traits and he dies at just 58, only 3 years later my prince will mature... Anyone knows how to edit savegames?

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

No, at least I don't know how too.
    Just make sure you have your best general have, like 5 or more stars and you'll be cool.
    Ever better, make sure his name is Lord von Habsburg, and make him Archduke of Austria...that'll fit nicely with history.
    That's another reason I love playing as the HRE. Even if all of your heirs and your emperor dies, as long as you have a good and loyal general, you'll be okay. The only crap thing that happens is the occasional civil war the Empire goes through when a general suceeds the throne. Making sure all of your commanders are really loyal is a good way to avoid that.

HRE?
    Sorry, I just reinstalled MTW a week ago. Havent played in such a long time.

Try this.

Quick save, end the turn, if your king dies, reload and change something (a building order for instance), save, end turn... repeat as necesary until your prince reaches 16.

In order to counter this, you can always cheat by typing ".unfrezee." which should give you an heir. A lot of people uses this cheat as they can't stand to see a campaign end due to lack of fertility or because the game doesn't follow the blood line of brothers and cousins as it was in real life...

Check THIS out.

I was playing as the Danes today on the Normal setting, and my King had 2 sons. The King died, as did one of the sons. The second son became King and all is well.

However, this King goes on to have...9 GIRLS!!! Of course I tried to ally with other factions, and it worked, mostly. I had to have some daughters marry Generals to make them Nobles. However, he never had a son, and my faction died out of the game in less than 2 hours.

Quickest defeat ever! All due to no male heirs!

Default no heirs

i have the same problem.

i am playing mtw for a long time. now i am playing almohads. my king has 7 ranks and i have two generals with 6 rank. i have 650.000 florins. the problem is, my king does not have any prince for many years and after he is dead the game is over. what is the mistake i have done.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Its not your fault...it IS a cruel twist of fate and irony. Its a rare, yet random occurance for this to happen. I DO know that the HRE can avoid this apparently, since I once had no heirs, but did have a 9 star general. My emperor died, he took power, and being so powerful and influential, along with being married to a princess (I THINK), he started a new line of Holy Roman Emperors. I do not think he was a member of the royal family.

LoL... This happened to me as the danes as well... Exept I was 1 territory away from beating the game. Funny eh?

Civitate

That happened to me yesterday in a STW campaign, but its a good job that i was only 10 turns in.
    It also happened to me in my Byzantine campaign, i was very powerful and rich, owned all of italy and the middle east and most of africa, i was furious!
    It wood be good if there was a feature like that in RTW, it wood be the only way too lose!
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Heimdall
    LoL... This happened to me as the danes as well... Exept I was 1 territory away from beating the game. Funny eh?
    Dang, that's gotta suck.

Just play as poland, they seem to breed like rabbits in MTW.
    And I am pretty certain that you can get a normal general to be king through marriage, though perhaps that requires a civil war for most factions.

Urien's Avatar Tiro

It's only happened to me once before.

I was playing the Sicilians MTW.VI.

Started in Early on Normal. GA campaign.

After many years of toil and battle I found my faction way, way, way in front of the other factions on the point scale. You know those turns when your just clicking the years away watching the florin pile fatten. Navies in every sea zone, stacks of troops wandering around visiting their friends in the garrisons. I owned all the coastal Meditteranean (sp?) provinces and halfway to Denmark.

It was then I thought to check on my youngest heir who was in his late 40,s and still unmarried.

Whoops.

Eight turns later, he and his older brother had died and half the map turned grey.

Since then my Princes always marry early, and if not early, then always to someone younger than them. Usually to a faction that you would like to be nice to.

It makes sense that an eighteen year old Natural Leader with Hard sums does not want to be shacked up with some thirty-something Helga and expected to carry on the family line.

wow no heir that must suck well it could be worse coulda been invaded during debt 0_0

Quote Originally Posted by Pompey the Great
    Just play as poland, they seem to breed like rabbits in MTW.
    And I am pretty certain that you can get a normal general to be king through marriage, though perhaps that requires a civil war for most factions.
    well at the beginning, yes, but now in 1300 year, it's my third king with no children at all :/

Default Re: Empror dies with no mature heir i need to avoid it

If your stuck without an Heir there is a cheat if you want to use it.

If you type .unfreeze. at the strategic map it will generate a child on the next turn.

You could activate this cheat when you begin a new game just to ensure that you have at least one mature heir prior to the demise of your King. You are only allowed 6 male heirs so if you get happy about using this cheat dont be dissapointed when the game makes you impotent after the 6th heir.

so whats the maximum amount of children a king can have on mtw?

Well you can't have more than 6 princes at a time (including brothers), I know that much. I've no idea what the limit is on princesses, however.
    "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast