I just got NTW and like many that preferred tweeking some units/etc in ETW, I didn't realize how essential and addicted I had become to the DBEditor that was created by LtChambers (huge fan, btw). Before I started using the DBE tool, I was restricted to the tweaks others chose to make using the Pack File Manager tool.

PFM always seemed more complicated to me and I was always concerned that I'd "break" some essential file/code/etc. In any case, since I have been unable to locate an updated DBE tool that works on NTW, I thought I'd share at least the starting point that others can use to mod the vanilla-units that come with NTW.

I put the file together using erasmus777's excellent tutorial on how to create a mod using PFM tables. If anyone is further interested in expanding a mod idea, but you've been to "fearful" of messing with PFM before (like I was), I'd strongly recommend using his tutorial, which can be found at this link.

If you just want a basic starting point, you can download the attachment below to get started. It contains the latest DB tables for NTW that relate to Projectiles, Units, Unit Stats, and Units to Exclusive Factions (i.e. the file MyUnitStats.pack).

For example, I created a basic mod using the above pack-file I created. This very basic mod adjusts/expands the range of all cannon- and mortar-artillery slightly and also gives a total of 15 ammunition to all infantry units (instead of the vanilla 10). Like I said, I just bought the game, so I know I'll want to adjust other things in those four key DB tables, once I see how the mechanics affect gameplay more. If you just want to wimp out on using PFM , my very slightly modified mod is also in the attachment below along with the necessary script file to activate it (i.e. the file MyUnitStats_mod.pack plus the .txt script).

The only thing to fear is... nothing; try the PFM tutorial, it's a breeze
Cheers!

Attachment 87303