Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: XAI 4.0 Ask Questions here!!

Default Re: XAI 4.0 Ask Questions here!!

Hey trying out your Battle AI only and had a couple questions. Playing it on Kingdoms H/H (Britannia campaign)

1. Is your AI considered "realistic/sim" style or just extra hard for hard's sake? I know some people like to play this way. I'm more of the "realistic/sim" type player. Some battles are easy, some hard, etc...
    2. Is this ok to use with the Britannia campaign and the other Kingdoms campaigns?
    3. Is it ok to use this mode with the basic Retrofit mod to play a standard Grand Campaign?
    4. Is there any other battle AI I should check out or is recommended?

Thanks!

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Scytha View Post
    I want some help from real pros here.
    I builded the XAI 4.0 (4.01) FULL in my Reality Mod GOLD (3.2) and a new unwanted effect apeared, was never experienced before. The next round to the Message About Mongol Hordes, (around year 1200), the game drop me to the desktop with Unspecified Error message.
    The XAI is a real big stuff and I don't see every details of that. Could somebody help me with this problem???
    A big beer stuff will be the payment, if you can help me. (In Budapest of course. )
    I really need help to stabilize my game. Help me please.

Edit: The year is 1208 and France goes on. The CTD is permanent.
    1) A 1208 CTD would have nothing to do with XAI, That sounds event related, or family tree related.

2) I have only once experienced a CTD with XAI, that was XAI's or my fault.

replace one file at a time, is the only way to determine the cause.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Thanx xeryx, I'll try that.

Edit:

The CTD is permanent without XAI too. There is an event in 1208 (scientic meteorology), but I think, events occur at the end of the turns, not when France goes on. If I deleted that event, the CTD remained permanent. It's a mystery for me.

Hey xeryx, when do you want to drink that beer?
    Last edited by Scytha; September 26, 2010 at 08:59 AM.
    Remember, Elvis will be with You... always.

God wills it!

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCat View Post
    Hey trying out your Battle AI only and had a couple questions. Playing it on Kingdoms H/H (Britannia campaign)

1. Is your AI considered "realistic/sim" style or just extra hard for hard's sake? I know some people like to play this way. I'm more of the "realistic/sim" type player. Some battles are easy, some hard, etc...
    2. Is this ok to use with the Britannia campaign and the other Kingdoms campaigns?
    3. Is it ok to use this mode with the basic Retrofit mod to play a standard Grand Campaign?
    4. Is there any other battle AI I should check out or is recommended?

Thanks!
    1) The goal for XAI is simple, a compromise between the game engine and realism. Because Realism cannot be completely achieved.

2)You can use XAI with any 1.5 kingdoms mod.

3)Retrofit is a good one to use, and you could update the XAI mod version for Retrofit.

4)I do not venture out of my forums, much anymore.

Glad you are giving it a try, and it isn't perfect, like we wanted it to be for the 4.0 release but we will be working on the battle AI issues.

@ Skythia

best peice of advice i can give you when modding, is to always run the script loggers, clear your cache, and mod only small sections then test.
    Last edited by xeryx; September 26, 2010 at 12:55 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Thanks for your reply. I've been trying it out and overall I definitely notice a difference in the way the enemy fights it's battles.

Hey and thanks for the mod.
    Now I'd like to play this mod with kingdoms. Does it matter which campaign is used? I'm not using any other mods. It seems to me that the installation instructions are meant for someone using a mod? Pardon me but I'm not a modder or computer tech so I don't understand how to install this mod, I've tried. Playing against AI gets old. From what I understand this mod boasts the AI difficulty.

I think to use the battle AI it's just drag and drop but to use the campaign AI for Kingdom's campaigns would be more involved.

diadok's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Rushlight View Post
    Hey and thanks for the mod.
    Now I'd like to play this mod with kingdoms. Does it matter which campaign is used? I'm not using any other mods. It seems to me that the installation instructions are meant for someone using a mod? Pardon me but I'm not a modder or computer tech so I don't understand how to install this mod, I've tried. Playing against AI gets old. From what I understand this mod boasts the AI difficulty.
    installation instructions are the same for vanilla.

XBAI, install the files battle_config and config_AI_battle :
    --> download : http://www.mediafire.com/?cnz33mjyznn
    --> goes to : .../SEGA/medieval II total war/mods/"the-kingdom-campaign-you-want"/data
    (same for XCAI, formations files, pathfinding files)
    THEN, you have to do that for ALL the campaigns installed in your folders :

1- delete the
    map.rwm file in :
    Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\"kingdom-campaign"/data/world/maps/base

2- clear the cache: open .cfg file in :
    Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\"kingdom-campaign" :
    --> open the file and delete this :
    [io]
    file_first = true
    and write this :
    [io]
    file_first = true
    disable_file_cache = true

3- PLAY

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

formations on xeryx's mediafire is corrupted when i try do download it

can anyone upload it back?
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Thanks diadok. One question though, I can't seem to find the .cfg file?

I noticed there are formation and pathfinding files. I assume those go with XAI. Do they go in the main XAI folder?
    Last edited by xeryx; October 02, 2010 at 09:41 AM.

there is no .cfg file..but you can edit the on you have, with word.

Formations..corrupted...I'll check.

hi there!!!

great job!! thanks to ur XAI 4.0 ( downloaded and installed correctly xcai, xbai, pathfinding and formations too, cache cleared, map rwm deleted...i even wanted to get faction standings but the size of the file is around 0 ) i'm appreciating 100% my kgcm hhb...the game works a lot better... everything works great, no ctd, ext...except that i just had a little problem .. i mean...during a siege ( i was the defender) one of the enemy controlled units, after getting into the city ( i was defending my minor city waiting for them on the "little hill" in the middle of the town) didn't attack me like the others, which moved toward me unit after unit, they just stood there and not advance or turn left or right to get to a street which could reach me up to the "little hill" . zooming over to this unit i could hear at a certain point them repeatedly cry out "march" and the soldiers were saing "okay!" their status was continuesly changing from idle to marching and from marching to idle but everyone just stayed there .When at the end of the battle, they became the last enemy unit, i could make them start fighting, instead of waiting for them for hours or even days eheh, by joining in melee or moving my soldiers back and really close to them...same kind of thing has happened twice, before than got XAI 4.0, and even with more than one unit in the same time...( one of these times it was the same map; the other map was still a siege in which i was the defender and the "working bad" units this time were reinforcements who stayed on the battlefield untill i've destroyed them an they didn't either react) ....

Even if i think that it's just a little problem , especially compared to all the great XAI 4.0 improvmntes, it has happened just once ( since i got 4.0), with just one unit, and within just a specifc map, anyway i would really appreciate if somebody could help me in order to find a solution!!

Thanks a lot!!!

Greets!

i didn't mean to write a new messagge today...i just wanted to edit yesterday's post but i've pressed quote instead of edit-----i just woke up ahahhaha

cheers
    Last edited by xeryx; October 02, 2010 at 09:37 AM.
    TO ARMS IN DIXIE !!!

Thanks LostSoul.

Yes there are a few things that we need to work on, it has been a ton of work getting it to this point. We will keep working on it, and polish it further.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it. I wish we could make it more tough at the harder levels.

Very glad to hear you read the directions, it is amazing that it works so well when you follow them. I didn't write them for nothing, the game has tricked up many times. Clearing the cache is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post
    Thanks LostSoul.

Yes there are a few things that we need to work on, it has been a ton of work getting it to this point. We will keep working on it, and polish it further.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it. I wish we could make it more tough at the harder levels.

Very glad to hear you read the directions, it is amazing that it works so well when you follow them. I didn't write them for nothing, the game has tricked up many times. Clearing the cache is very important.
    u're wellcome mate

yeah i know u guys did toons of work so that's why i have to say tanks once more

soooo... than i'm gonna wait for the next update and in the meantime i'm gonna keep having fun with 4.0!!!

Thanks a lot for ur kind and quick help!!!

cheers
    Last edited by Lostsoul; October 02, 2010 at 10:16 AM.
    TO ARMS IN DIXIE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lostsoul View Post
    hi there!!!

..i even wanted to get faction standings but the size of the file is around 0
    Just checked Faction Standings file which now is working and downloadable...thanks!!!

see yaa!!
    TO ARMS IN DIXIE !!!

Does the pathfinding and formations files need to be edited or cache cleared? And where do these files go?

Hi guys. I have a Mongol question for you. I am trying out your new Nomad AI label and have made the change in my start file for the mongols. Problem is, at the start of the campaign they are at war with the Kwarzem empire and they easily roll them. They border The Cuman faction as well and soon the Turks but they never want to attack anyone else after destroying the Kwarzems. I know the easy way out would be to just make them all at war at the beginning via the strat file but I wanted to hear your input first. I have an AI log available if need be and upon viewing it the faction label for the mongols it appears as default in the log. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by soulson; October 02, 2010 at 08:38 PM.

diadok's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Rushlight View Post
    Does the pathfinding and formations files need to be edited or cache cleared? And where do these files go?
    considering you have ever edited cfg file :
    when you have install them (same place than others, in data) you need to delete map.rwm one more time, and that's all.

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Thanks.

I can't understand this give_money feature in the faction_standings. I attack (with start a siege) another catholic faction, and the relation changed to abysmal. I stopped the attack and I gave 100 florins to the attacked faction, and nothing changed. I gave 100 florins ten times and nothing changed too. I gave 600 or 1000 florins and relation changed to perfect. (If I give 600-1000 florins for the first time, the relation changes to Perfect too.) Then I attack again, and the relation worsen only one level. I keep the attack (siege) and nothing changes. I left the siege and attack again and again and every attack worsen the relation with one level.
    What is the cause of this and what was the trick of the original(vanilla) relation changes?
    Thanx in advance!
    Remember, Elvis will be with You... always.

God wills it!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast