Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: XAI 4.0 Ask Questions here!!

Default Re: XAI 4.0 Ask Questions here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Achilla View Post
    That line has nothing to do with the thing you specified, that's EDB.
    How so? when I removed this line from the descr_campaign_db.xml the building browser was working fine again. Thanks for the reply though mate.

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Scarface View Post
    How so? when I removed this line from the descr_campaign_db.xml the building browser was working fine again. Thanks for the reply though mate.
    Excuse me, my brain is overheating today. Damned weather ...
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

I have a way to crash the AI(XBAI 4.0) easily.

AI always let their missile troops attack first, away from their main troops without any protecting troops.

I can easily charged them(enemy missile troops) by my cavalry and pull back.

AI lost almost all their missile troops before the bloody war began.

Please arrange some melee troops(spearmen,..etc) in front of these missile troops.

thanks for reading my poor english
    My English is poor...

Thanks for reading

Default Re: XCAI for KGCM, papal attitude

Thanks! I use XCAI of Heroes, Hordes and beyond but someone of your forum told me to better ask here.
    But according to me, yes, pope must be less aggressive. Not passive, but attacking neighbours and excommuniating them is really unfair.

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Blackader View Post
    but attacking neighbours and excommuniating them is really unfair.
    Yeah, but it sure is fun, to have your Robes and wear them too.

I agree, in over aggression, and we will work on fine tuning the Pope, Hopefully make it easy to fine tune them to the particular mod.

See there is no plug and play, each mod tweaks and skews variable that affect the AI. So tweaking on the end is needed. Hopefully we can start working on that. and get out a "guide"

Problem is this, lack of man power.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

why not just use the old ai label from XAI 3.0 for the papal faction? I thought it worked fine

Oh and would it be possible to use the papal faction ai for the Mongols? I've found the papal faction to be far one of the most aggressive whereas the Mongols still tend to just sit around

Default XCAI 4.0 almost dont produce ships

I already tried to raise the recruit priority of set to +30 but with no efect all factions are in prefer naval invasions, but still almost doesent make any ships.

Factions like Sicily and Milan are slower in expansion becouse they start with only 2 ships for disembarks and if they are sunk, the armies will stay stuck in the islands.

By the way im playing KGCM, H/H. Where and how can i change this values for the AI starts to produce more ships?

Has for the rest im super satesfied how the AI reacts in all situations, so congratulations for XAI TEAM, for making this game playable again.

Default Re: XCAI 4.0 almost dont produce ships

hmmm. Well did you restart the games and clear the caches? There are many influences at work there. I have seen some games with few ships, while others with many.

There is still many aspects of the game that we cannot fix, or control with specific commands.

XAI is not a cure for all the ailments this game has, it is a bandaid to make the game playable.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

1) You would need to cut and paste the old Papal AI into the campaign AI file.

2) You might think the papal is more aggressive than the Mongols, but that is not true. The Mongols do not just sit around in any of my games I have played. Consistently they remain on top for at least 100 turns. There are many factors you are not considering. The Mongols are huge in Territories and it takes a long time to get things moving. Dave Scarface himself put in the Mongol AI because of the difference of aggressiveness.

Also there is a save game bug in the game and it takes quite a few turns to get things moving again.

i changed the mongols religion to pagan in the descr_sm faction file. I think that may have affected their aggressiveness because before I was having trouble just surviving a Mongol jihad on Constantinople

Well guys, I am getting back into things here. I finally have all of my computers optimized and loaded. All I have left to do is load Med 2 on my Laptop and Main computer at home. I will them be back up to speed. It is good to do fresh installs anyway, it removes BS from the system and games.

I will start looking at the issues, in 4.0 just remember, I don't claim XAI is a cure all for the failings of med2. It is a "patch" or "band aid" to improve it's performance. It is much better than the original release..especially when you realize what the beginning effort that was put forth on it.

Nebuchadnezzar's Avatar Centenarius

Does this mod work on M2TW vanilla?
    -------------------------
    Enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
    Does this mod work on M2TW vanilla?
    I would like too know this as-well, and if so do we still follow what is written in the "XAI 4.0 install & integration instructions" thread or is it a more simple installation.

I have only designed it to work with kingdoms, you can use it with thier campaigns..but honestly you are better off downloading KGCM Kingdoms Grand Campaign.

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

I don't know if you have found or not but descr_faction_standing.txt uses a condition 'ArmyArrivesCrusadeTargetRegion' which causes error log because this condition doesn't exist in the game. Only GeneralArrivesCrusadeTargetRegion exists.

I'm implementing XCAI to Last Kingdom. Which 'AI lebels' should I use for the factions? Basically the conflicts are not religion based but the Vikings who invade the British Isles has an own religion which can be used. There is no pope or similar power in the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by dknight237 View Post
    I've had the same issue with the papal faction. They're very aggressive. In almost all my campaigns, they take over the whole of Italy.
    I need its parameters to the Vikings!
    Last edited by Csatádi; August 14, 2010 at 11:26 AM.

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

In descr_faction_standing.txt

Trigger 0044b_P_Failed_Diplomacy
    WhenToTest DiplomacyMission

Condition MissionFailed
    Condition MissionFailed doesn't exist in the game. Furthermore Docudemon says MissionSucceeded cannot be used with not parameter.
    Last edited by Csatádi; August 15, 2010 at 01:43 PM.

Cool thank you,

Those are some rules that Naimad used and looking to make sure it is 100%, what are your suggestions to fix it properly?

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

I deleted these triggers.

The rest of the triggers can be solved which are related to the Jihad. I didn't seen yet because Last Kingdom doesn't have jihads and crusades and I deleted all related triggers from my faction standings file. But my friend said those codes may be repaired. I will let you know.

After finally downloading the files, I will start a KGCM cmapazign (custom, not HH&B). My question is: which difficulty level is recommanded? A lot of people play usually VH, but I like building my empire slowly and I don't like being attacked everywhere by all the neighbours, even it is nonsense for them. But I do'nt want them too passive on the other hand...

XAI has full use of difficulty. I would go medium for camp.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast