Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: XAI 4.0 Ask Questions here!!

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: XAI 4.0 Ask Questions here!!

Quote Originally Posted by soulson View Post
    Hey guys I have a question regarding your BAI. How can I change the way troops enter and leave walls? As it stands now when I order troops to leave or enter walls they do so in very small numbers, meaning they go in like groups of 5 instead of everyone doing it at the same time.
    Player-controlled troops aren't influenced by BAI and what you describe is a generic pathfinding problem. If you use the pathfinding file provided in download, it should get better. Nonetheless, there is no permanent fix for this problem, as it's simply the inner architecture of the game we can't access at all.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

Alright. Thanks anyways gonna revert back to the other BAI
    Intel 4690k GTX 760 8GB Asrock Fatality Z97

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Soulson, you should change your pathfinding file to ours, and you will see a much better improvement.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

hi,
    i have two questions:
    1 - What is your experience about use of stat_pri_attr "spear" "light_spear" "short_pike" "long_pike"? and what' your hints?
    2 - What is your experience about "requires" in recruit_pool? Someone told me that IA don't understand (or don't handle well) a building requirement on recruit_pool line. So, if i have:
    arsenal city requires factions { hre}
    {
    convert_to 3
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "NE Basilisk" 1 0.4 3 0 requires smith

and building smith is not present, IA continues to build next level of arsenal, ignoring the building of smith.
    If i set "requires smith" on "arsenal city" can i solve this problem (if this problem exist) ?
    Team Leader De Bello Mundi

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaymo View Post
    hi,
    i have two questions:
    1 - What is your experience about use of stat_pri_attr "spear" "light_spear" "short_pike" "long_pike"? and what' your hints?
    2 - What is your experience about "requires" in recruit_pool? Someone told me that IA don't understand (or don't handle well) a building requirement on recruit_pool line. So, if i have:
    arsenal city requires factions { hre}
    {
    convert_to 3
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "NE Basilisk" 1 0.4 3 0 requires smith

and building smith is not present, IA continues to build next level of arsenal, ignoring the building of smith.
    If i set "requires smith" on "arsenal city" can i solve this problem (if this problem exist) ?
    Light spear gives defense penalty against infantry and defense bonus against cavalry, spear gives attack penalty against infantry and attack bonus against cavalry. Long pike makes the pikemen able to resist cavalry charges better from all sides and the effect seems to multiply as you increase the mass of the pikemen unit, short pike is just that - lower reach, similar properties, worse cavalry resistance (it's good enough from front, though, if you can handle the losses). If you search and ask you'll find many more details, but I suppose it's good enough for a summary.

Personally I've used short pike to distinguish halberdiers from pikemen, turning them into versatile anti-armour troop rather than dedicated anti-cavalry troop with a fair bit of infantry support (no, I didn't use phalanx for them, they're better off classified as normal spearmen/heavy infantry depending on what you want to do, too).

AI does a poor job at prioritising buildings, as it is looking first to it's personality and then checking for the effects provided by available buildings (like +law, pop. growth etc., troop recruitment, armour upgrade) and then semi-randomly decides what to build. It doesn't 'think', it just builds what it can build at any given moment. The more confusing building choices, the worse the AI is off.

You might want to look up Taiji's work over DLV, he's pretty good at it with his no-compromise policy when it comes to AI design (he went as far as to streamline unit production solely to city walls and then tag possible settlement upgrades by historic events, to control which and how many units AI produces at any given moment ... there was a script to delete obsolete AI units as well, somewhere).
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

hey everyone i got a question:it is possible to add this mod in the vanilla only, since i dont have kingdoms and since i live in peru and it is impossible to get games such at this,i got only mIItw )=

impossible no, the BAI might work for you..but that is all.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

I implemented XAI but now the player gets quests to contact the Aztecs even before they are discovered.
    Is this a XAI related issue?

I do not believe it has to do with XAI. You may have used file though that you did not need.

Hey in feutre will you guys be able to change some of the thing that right now people cant change. For instance the current settlement limit is 119 or something. I'm not sure but I read the mod overview and it seemed like you might have a solution to that. I may be mistaken as I got the impression what you do is change what files the game is looking for from the ones on the disk to the ones you create. So if that is the case I imagine it is theoreticaly possible for you to make a file that would change the limit on number of settlements to whatever you please. 100000000000000000000. just curous don't be annoyed if I am proposing the impossible.

Hi xeryx, the download link is dead!
    My English is poor...

Thanks for reading

Slor's Avatar Civis

Hey all! I decided to install xcai for PI2 and was browsing thru the ai_db b/c i was thinking about setting one of the factions as the nomad one you guys put in, and noticed some things are diff for each 'religion' aside from the (+)(-) religious diff setting. A question i have(as staring at all the daunting code is meh) is do you guys have a description list for the which religion does what better? Ex: Islam land invades really well, and doesn't have a high defence priority, and 'nomad hates all and tear-asses around.'

Basically im looking for one that makes use of naval invasions as best as possible. Sorry if its a noob question, i just avoid this file like the plague.

The differences for the AI's are primarily to set up religious biases.

If anyone is interested in trying out the lite alpha version of Arma 3, pm me..I have 3 invites to give away.

Download is now updated.

Libertus

does it work with ss 6.3?

Ok, I've been out of the loop as far as m2tw mods go for a couple of years. Mostly been playing online games I guess but that time draws to a close as I'm facing the reality I may lose my internet for some time. I realize and have read the change log for this xai mod but I must admit it is still a little bit confusing. I have been testing newer (to me) mods like Grand Campaign Mod, The Last Kingdom, and that newer version of Westeros, petty kings. Personally even though petty kings has more factions, I still seem to think that kingdoms river and hills is built better. Something as small as being granted ancillary trait of (Duke) of a settlement makes a big difference to me. I have been playing M2tw since the beginning and I have spent years on the TATW(MOS) series. At this point I am looking for longevity, and replayability, being that it could be months before I have internet access again. I am a very patient person, and will wait years if necessary for the mod that is built that is bug free and easy to install. Big picture wise, I would like to ask some of the people here who have put in more hours than me with all of this, what are the benefits to xai versus the vanilla. And please don't over abbreviate things I may not know every mod you are referring to. How easy is this mod to install, will I need internet access to deal with issues on any of these previously mentioned mods? For example, I have been running MOS version 4.1 for years, even though 6.2 or something has been out for some time and even seems like a better game, there's too many bugs to deal with and I will wait. Same seems to go for Hordes and Heroes mod, though I understand it has implemented xai within. I would like to try it but when I find big technical issues in the forums such as settlements not allowing building types to be constructed ect.... I would rather wait a year or 2 for the next release that has dealt with such issues. Will xai work on all of the mods I have mentioned here?? Should I just try Hordes and heroes to get a sense of xai improvements? Grand campaign seems to be so far so good by itself, I am testing 4.3 and I must agree it is much closer to what m2tw should have been. Please explain this mod for dummies so I can understand what's involved before I download more wasted space onto my computer. I like things to be easy!

Oh yes, and if I installed xai to my Grand campaign mod, would it be save game compatible?

simbow's Avatar Foederatus

What the f is this mod? Does it do anything or is it supposed to do anything? Improve AI etc?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_longbow English use of longbows was effective against the French during the Hundred Years' War, particularly at the start of the war in the battles of Crécy (1346) andPoitiers (1356), and most famously at the Battle of Agincourt (1415). They became less successful after this,

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678