Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When Will GameSpy Drop Rome???

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Icon5 When Will GameSpy Drop Rome???

Hi all,

Rome's multiplayer days are numbered. But when exactly will they stop running the Multiplayer Server? Does anyone have any ideas?

I've got a feeling CA will stop supporting the server when they get round to releasing their next total war (which is hinted at being Rome 2 Total War).

What do you guys think?

Evan

Default Re: When Will GameSpy Drop Rome???

you got any sources for your statements? Otherwise it just sounds like speculation

C-Rob's Avatar Primicerius

iwon't miss it.

Edit: EA dropped shogun 5 years after launch. Medieval is still around after 8.

I can only see the servers lasting longer and longer.
    Last edited by C-Rob; May 02, 2010 at 09:37 PM.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

It probably wont be for a long while, since many people still paly and RTW still sells some copies these days.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

leseras's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post
    It probably wont be for a long while, since many people still paly and RTW still sells some copies these days.
    Yeah I'm still getting alot of my friends to buy RTW. Actually many copies are still being sold. Esp since they released it over steam.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...89#post6791289 My first and epic failure AAR
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...22#post6976522 My second ongoing AAR
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [IMG][/IMG]
    God bless you! Oh wait you're an atheist? Then god DAMN YOU!

You know what, Rome closing would not really end the beerfests..

Sir Pignans's Avatar The bringer of cheese.

Keep the servers. Or heads will roll.
    90% of teens would die today if facebook was destroyed. if you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

My Political Profile.

Under the patronage of Gertrudius!

And get a sense of humour. those who where here before the mod got there will get the post.

In the mean time C-Rob and Empr guy have valid points. Servers die when there arent enough players. RTW has plenty of those.
    Last edited by |Sith| Max; May 03, 2010 at 08:02 PM.

2 More years, you know because 2012 is coming
    "The challenge of modernity is to live without illusions and without becoming disillusioned. " - Antonio Gramsci

"Those who do not move, do not notice their chains." - Rosa Luxembourg

if you believe in the omnipotent farseer power of a people that died from a sneeze to predict when the world will end.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrider View Post
    2012 is a lie!

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

yeah, end comes in 2050!

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrider View Post
    Why do people believe what they hear and read. 2012 lol. The world was ment to end in 2000 aswell and one day yes the world will end but it will not be the world ending that courses humans to be extict it will most likely be some kind of global epedimic. Or a nuclear war, but personally i don't bother watching desaster movies or care about them, they are just way's to make money using the global warming as a way to make people believe in it all. How many ice ages has there been? how many more will there be?

They say a part of Miami will break off one day, maybe it will but when and why? they say if the ice caps melt the sea will rise by XXX amounts and many will die. The day after tomorrow tried to give an insight into the deverstating effects the ice caps melting would do. Personally i look at glovbal warming as the planet cycle which it does ever XXX amount of years.

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

What the hell is the OP talking about!? No other TW game attracts so many new players to its multiplayer each day as RTW, the lobby is constantly full of newbies...

It would make more sense to drop the much less played M2TW and ETW, before dropping their masterpiece (tho M2TW deserves to be up an running too, but ETW is an abomination that should be cleansed from the surface of earth or in this case Steam)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy974 View Post
    Why do people believe what they hear and read. 2012 lol. The world was ment to end in 2000 aswell and one day yes the world will end but it will not be the world ending that courses humans to be extict it will most likely be some kind of global epedimic.
    Humans will be extinct on the Friday the 13th 2013 When you're all dead, remember where you heard it first
    Last edited by |Sith|Galvanized Iron; July 10, 2010 at 08:22 AM.
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Galvanized Iron View Post
    Humans will be extinct on the Friday the 13th 2013 When you're all dead, remember where you heard it first

Can you imp-lement on what month that would be on.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

yeah i got plans....

Can you imp-lement on what month that would be on.
    Playing the MacGyver Theme song backwards didn't reveal the exact month unfortunately, however there are 2 (!) Friday the 13th that year, 1 in September and 1 in December, so it's a surprise! Friday the 13th in December are generally considered to be the worst Friday the 13th's though, so I bet on that one.

EDIT: Would you call me crazy if I told you that the pyramids weren't constructed by humans, but by dinosaurs? (Open your mind people! )

Thats a pitty, well one thing is for sure, we won't see Xmas in 2013. "sucks moans slaps head like so" dinosaurs buildings pyramids now that is interesting, pitty they are extict, could have built my dream house for me.

Did you know they invented super glue to patch up hurt soldier's, shame they didn't give the real reason for it been to keep your children sitting at the dinner table.

Thats a pitty, well one thing is for sure, we won't see Xmas in 2013. "sucks moans slaps head like so" dinosaurs buildings pyramids now that is interesting, pitty they are extict, could have built my dream house for me.

Did you know they invented super glue to patch up hurt soldier's, shame they didn't give the real reason for it been to keep your children sitting at the dinner table.
    Actually they are not extinct, those fossils they got at the museum are actually real live dinosaurs (real dinosaurs don't have flesh you know, only in science fiction movies, the apocalyptic move Night at the Museum is the only true cinematic adaption of Dinosaurs I know of) in deep hibernation, well in hibernation for the moment at least...

Ever wondered why the obelisks of Egypt looks like gigant penises? It's becuase they are! In fact the erect penises of Gigant Master Dinosaurs hibernating beneath the desert sands. They have been in a deep slumber for eons, haunted by impure dreams... Should they ever awake it's:
    Last edited by |Sith|Galvanized Iron; July 10, 2010 at 10:25 AM.

The Pyramids really were landing sites for interplanetary starships that enslaved primitive populations by posing as their gods.
    Smilies...the resort of those with a vacuous argument

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast