Thread: MAARC XX - Nominations

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default MAARC XX - Nominations

Nominate AARs for March or April contest.

The nominated AAR must have at least 2 updates in May.

Give the following info:

Title (as link)

Author:

Game: RTW / M2TW / ETW / ...

Mod:

Faction:

Short Description / Teaser
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Default Re: MAARC XX - Nominations

Game(s):
    RTW:ROP & RTWI & RTW:EB
    Faction(s):

1. Persia
    2. Rome

Difficulty:
    Varries from mod. I only used hard or v.hard settings so far.
    Description:

History of men is a project unlike any other. It tries to write the whole spectrum of history in a single AAR. It goes back to the Rise of Persia around 550BC and will see the rise (current status) and fall of the roman empire and continue through medieval times to the discovery of america, modern times and world wars. It is written less in a narrative form, but rather as a compilation of fictional historical sources.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Commentarii de Bello Asiatico
    by Marcus Julius Caesar

LII.

The deeds of a man can only be measured in what one has accomplished. When Caesar was compared to Alexander he would answer that by these four years that have passed, he had conquered Asia Minor, while Alexander the Great had captured most of Asia: Egypt, Babylon, Susa and Persepolis. Yet there was no doubt among the people in Asia, including Caesars own men, that the aim of his campaign was not to conquer Asia, but to restore political balance and grant peace among the friends of the Roman people.

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

Only one entry so far? I'll guess I'll have another go then.

Title: Liberation - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=337556

Author: LuckyLewis

Game: Napoleon Total War

Mod: Several Unit Modifications, nothing major.

Faction: Great Britain

Short Description / Teaser:

Only Great Britain remains of the once great coalition, and it's certain that Napoleon's ambitions of conquering the British isles is soon to become a reality.The Italian states, fear Napoleon's tremendous power, can they be persuaded to fight and bring balance back to Europe? The Ottomans, newly allied with the French, united by the common goal of Austria, with their former enemies dead, can they be turned against Napoleon? The Spanish, allies for centuries of the French, they too fear the French, what stops the French from taking Spain itself? Will they betray Napoleon, turn sides with their new allies, the Portuguese and fight along side the British and Scandinavians?

Napoleon is at his peak of power, but Europe must be liberated, Nation States must reappear from the French tyranny, and the balance of power must shift. Those who remain free of Napoleon's wraith must unite, and reach that one goal, Paris.
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

Karnage's Avatar Centenarius

Being my first official AAR, I thought I would give this competition a try. Maybe I'll get what they call "beginner's luck"

Title: L'État c'est moi. The Monarchy of France

Author: Karnage

Game: M2TW, KTW

Mod: Stainless Steel 6.1.

Faction: France

Short Description / Teaser: The story revolve around an historian which uncovers missing information on France from the Vatican archives. Information believed destroyed in the French Revolution, and it recounts the story of the French Monarchy from 1080AD and beyond.
    Last edited by Karnage; May 20, 2010 at 11:22 AM.
    My work in progress AAR, come and have look.

L'État c'est moi, The Monarchy of France
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=355826

Critic Quills review about my AAR.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=365219

Tim1988's Avatar Vicarius

Title: Uniting a Kingdom

Author: Tim1988

Game: M2TW: Kingdoms

Mods: None, just plain old vanilla

Faction: England

"England is preparing for war. All across the land, taxes are raised providing much needing funding to raise armies. There is trouble on the borders. Ireland is in near rebellion at our rule as peasants and warriors flood to the call of the self proclaimed King of Ireland, King Brian. He is no real King though, that position belongs to my father, King Henry III of England. This new upstart must be crushed. Closer to home, there are rebellions in Wales as well, with King Llywelyn attacking Englishmen all along the border. He too must be tamed, his head mounted on a pole for all to see and learn that resistance is futile. To the north, there is an uneasy peace with Scotland, but history tells us that it wont last."

Follow the campaigns of Edward Plantagenet, Prince (and later King) of England as he attempts to unite the divided British Isles into one nation under English rule. Along the way he is opposed by the Irish, Welsh and Scots as they attempt to preserve their freedom, whilst the Norwegian King also has his own plans for the Island.
    My Old AARs:
    Uniting a Kingdom - A M2TW:Kingdoms Britannia Campaign
    The Greatest Battles of General Sir Lionel Townshend - A DarthMod Empire Campaign
    Tales of an Old Soldier - A series of DMUC Battles
    My Image Gallery:

ReD_OcToBeR's Avatar Senator

The Ishtar Gate to Alexandria

Game: Rome Total War - Roma Surrectum 1.5 / 1.6

Difficulty: Hard/Hard

Faction: Seleucid Empire

Author: Myself

The AAR has told the story of many Generals that saved the existence of the Dynasty. The struggle to finally secure the city of Alexandria from the Arch enemies known as the Ptolemaics has almost come true in a shocking Revelation bringing the AAR to an end.

Note: The Link begins with the May Updates.

Juvenal's Avatar love your noggin
    Patrician Content Emeritus

Severus the God

by me! (Juvenal)

GameRTW-BI
    ModIBFD 7.03
    FactionPicts (mostly)

Once upon a time I wrote a nice little AAR called Spite of Severus. It only covered 20 turns and culminated in the conquest of Britannia by the Picts and Gaels. I liked it.

Then one of my readers asked me what happened next... well nothing of course! But they insisted, so I just had to play the campaign through to its conclusion.

As a result we have my personal contribution to the Fall of the Roman Empire; the story of the Pictish invasion of Gaul in 425AD. Within you will find a cast of varied characters, intrigues, duplicity, betrayal and murder, all set against a background of the clash of seven(!) different factions over the ultimate fate of Gaul.

Don't worry about the many episodes; each is fairly self-contained. You don't even have to read Spite of Severus, unless you are interested about the backgrounds of the main characters.

I hereby commend my AAR to the Community...
    Last edited by Juvenal; June 01, 2010 at 04:13 AM.
    imb39 ...is my daddy!
    See AARtistry in action: Spite of Severus and Severus the God

Support the MAARC!
    Tale of the Week Needs You!

Title: Visions of an Odyssey: A Makurian Dynasty
    Author: Thokran
    Game: Medieval II Total War
    Mod: Broken Crescent
    Faction: Kingdom of Makuria
    Short Description / Teaser:

Life in the Southern Nile has always been deeply entrenched in customs and traditions. For centuries the Christian tribes of these lands have bickered and warred with one another over petty differences, unable to come together as a whole. As a result, they have resigned themselves to life in the arid desert plain, surrounded by the oppressive veil of Islam that has come to dominate the Fertile Crescent.

But no longer. One man from Makuria has received a vision that plans to change all of that. Like a contagious strain of enlightenment, this vision has spread among the minds of Makuria's finest. Through this vision, the lands of the Southern Nile could once again be united as a powerful Bastion of Christianity, ready to stand strong against the resurgent tide of Islam that continues to march its way down the River Nile.

But for all its potential, the sins of this land's past threatens to ruin that vision. For said vision has been interpreted in several different ways among the leaders of Makuria, once again bringing the Kingdom's tribes odds with one another. Will they be able to come together to realize this vision, or will their petty differences ultimately trap them in historical obscurity?

In the end, only one man's vision will be realized. This is the story of Makuria.

Valandur's Avatar Campidoctor

Title of AAR - New Maya http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=358454
    Author - Me! (Valandur...I think...)
    Game - Medieval II Kingdoms (Americas Campaign)
    Faction - Mayan Empire
    Mod - None (I think )
    Short Description -
    Maya is an Empire which has been threatened by nothing, beaten by nothing and cowered into submission by nothing. They have fought countless wars and always emerge from the ruin victorious and stronger than ever. But in the last century, Maya has been in decline and the Emperor Bolontiku can only do so much as to slow this process. With the Aztecs stronger than ever, and the Rebels constantly raiding Mayan land, it only seems a matter of time.
    However, with the emergence of Bolontiku's second son, Gucumatz, the Rebels will know fear and the Aztecs will dare not attack. Maya might rise into a second golden age, stronger than any nation that has risen before, except for a trivial thing.
    The Spanish, ever explorers, ever conquerors and ever the most advanced, have landed in Mexico and are expanding their hold. This AAR follows the destiny of Gucumatz, from birth to death, whenever that may be. His journeys will take him to unseen places, fighting outlandish people and witnessing exotic things. This is the rise of Gucumatz and the rise of the New Mayan Empire.

Thank you.

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

banner by Katsumodo
    WATCH IN HD!

Comrade Bessonov was killed in combat. I am informed by the NKVD officer that I am to be commended for my actions in the rail-yard, as well as my 4 FW kills. I am stupified, and confused. Before I can query or protest, Leytenant Surovtsev shakes his head and puts his fingers to his lips. I shake the hand of the NKVD officer, a small mouse of a man with dead eyes and bad skin, and he walks away without further explanation.

Surovtsey informs me that Bessonov downed those 4 FWs, but his troubles in the previous unit were political and had caught the attention of the NKVD. The Party did not want those kills to be attributed to him...they would be attributed to me instead. He slaps me on the back, tells me it is time to get drunk, and to quietly toast the mysterious Bessonov, who's actions may just have made me a hero. I cannot imagine drinking right now...I am on the verge of throwing up. But before I can do that, Surovtsey hugs me, grabs me by the neck, and leads me towards the officers mess for vodka and some scrambled eggs.

Title: Skies Over Leningrad
    Author: The Nanny
    Game: IL-2 Sturmovik
    Mod: none
    Faction: Soviet Union
    Last edited by Nanny de Bodemloze; May 26, 2010 at 09:56 AM.

All Roads Lead to Rome...
    Author: sbroadbent
    Game: Medieval 2 Total War
    Mod: Stainless Steel 6.2
    Faction: The Papal States

Short Description / Teaser
    Modern scholars and theologists have long studied the history of the Papacy. Only recently discovered, documents have surfaced to shed light on the activities and events of the Papacy in the era of the middle ages. The age of holy wars, and wars for the lands of Europe and the east. Some of the documents may indeed contradict the accepted history of the Papacy and of Rome. Has the Papacy intentionally hid these documents for fear of their transgressions and horrors being revealed, or are they merely exaggerations and forgeries.

We will never truly know the authenticity of these reports and entries into the official record. It is merely one version of history. A history that is written by the victor. As you can see, the history presented in these documents is incomplete. They only give an infrequent account of what occurred during this period, and do not delve into the day to day lives of the people of the day. Some private journal entries have been discovered, perhaps preserved by someone long ago. They present the words of these people, but lack the emotion of what they must truly have felt.

It is truly a new light on the Papacy.

Author: La coupe est pleine

Game: Medieval 2 total War

Mod: DLV 6.2

Faction: Royaume de France

I’m Philippe.
    Philippe Capet, adoptive son of the French King. However, my real name is Muhammad Sahadeddine. I’ve been adopted because of an amazing coincidence. I hope to become soon a hero of Chivalry, and help the poor and the orphans.
    I know, I’ve read a lot of hero stories, but I’m a dreamer…

Let's follow the epic adventure of an eastern son, lost in a western land.

Could he reach glory through epic battles and choices?
    Or should he resign to accept a miserable fate everyone wants him to follow?