Thread: RTS on xbox360

Default RTS on xbox360

I've noticed some RTS games are also availabe for the xbox, It would remove any worries about bad graphics but wouldnt that make it much harder to control than on a PC?
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: RTS on xbox360

Controls aren't that bad tbh, there's not the same amount of ultra precise control as mouse and keyboard but they are eminently playable. I mean, I only ever use the arrow keys and mouse when playing RTS's on the PC anyway, none of that micromanagement bollocks for me!

Well graphics are worse and playing RTS without mouse is pain.

They're nowhere near as easy to control as on a PC, that's for sure.

Most console RTS games for the Xbox (360 I'm guessing) utterly fail with controls. However, there are two I played which actually have amazingly well thought-out controls that make it easy to play. They are 'Halo Wars' and 'Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath' (note: not the basic C&C3, it uses simpler controls and handles poorly compared to Kanes Wrath).

My advice is to see if you can rent these and see how you feel. I found them both fun to play, they cracked RTS controls on a console. But still, you will never have the same control on a console than on a PC with a mouse and keyboard.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by HansDuet View Post
    Well graphics are worse and playing RTS without mouse is pain.
    depends of your pc

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by The Gallant Forty-Twa View Post
    They're nowhere near as easy to control as on a PC, that's for sure.

Most console RTS games for the Xbox (360 I'm guessing) utterly fail with controls. However, there are two I played which actually have amazingly well thought-out controls that make it easy to play. They are 'Halo Wars' and 'Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath' (note: not the basic C&C3, it uses simpler controls and handles poorly compared to Kanes Wrath).

My advice is to see if you can rent these and see how you feel. I found them both fun to play, they cracked RTS controls on a console. But still, you will never have the same control on a console than on a PC with a mouse and keyboard.
    I can vouch for that.

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    depends of your pc
    Not really if its up to date.

But if you play with your mothers notebook...