Thread: increase of succesfull assasination?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default increase of succesfull assasination?

can this be done, with PFM?
    searched in data,DB but cant find anything what looks like to change value of succesfull rate of assassination of the spy.

edit: can it be made that only the faction you play those ratings have, Dont want that after a few turns in France campaign that Napoleon would be assassinated by another country that has either those succesfull ratings.

Default Re: increase of succesfull assasination?

This is a real bugbear of mine.

In the Napeolonic era generals were not assassinated

In the whole period I could only find a handful of cases of generals killed in those sort of circumstances: Kleber killed by a Muslim fanatic in Cairo, Brune torn to pieces by a vengeful Royalist mob in Marseilles, several Revolutionary generals lynched by their own troops, the odd French general killed by Spanish guerilla snipers - and that's it.

You do find several statesmen and rulers being murdered but again they are always killed by either lone lunatics or their own courtiers for personal or political reasons.

I couldn't find one case of a general or statesmen being killed by the agent of an enemy state - that was simply not honourable behaviour in the nineteenth century.

Certainly spies were very widely employed but not as the Ninja killing and sabotaging machines they are in NTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Clodius View Post

In the whole period I could only find a handful of cases of generals killed in those sort of circumstances: Kleber killed by a Muslim fanatic in Cairo, Brune torn to pieces by a vengeful Royalist mob in Marseilles, several Revolutionary generals lynched by their own troops, the odd French general killed by Spanish guerilla snipers - and that's it.

You do find several statesmen and rulers being murdered but again they are always killed by either lone lunatics or their own courtiers for personal or political reasons.

I couldn't find one case of a general or statesmen being killed by the agent of an enemy state - that was simply not honourable behaviour in the nineteenth century.

Certainly spies were very widely employed but not as the Ninja killing and sabotaging machines they are in NTW.
    Yes you are right.
    I've played today as Britain and landed in france with some generals in late 1809
    now I noticed that each turn one of my general were assasinated by a french spy.
    you're right, its quite ennoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Clodius View Post

I whole-heartedly agree with you. In my current campaign, I've lost two of my seven generals and both were to assassins rather than falling on the battlefield. It just changes the dynamic of the game and not in a good way.

Spies are good at more than assassination. In one of my games as Prussia, France and I are at a stalemate, but I have around 10 spies running around sabotaging trade ports, government buildings, markets and the like. I cant find much of a historical basis for this either, but I figure that it makes more sense than systematically wiping out their military leadership like the CAI likes to do.

The life expectancies of generals are low enough as it is in this game without having them get killed on the campaign map!

I just don't want to see assassinations. It's annoying to have to replace generals because some random guy went up and stabbed him, and there seems to be nothing you can do to stop them unless by chance you discover their agent

Quote Originally Posted by PotentSchraphlon View Post
    I just don't want to see assassinations. It's annoying to have to replace generals because some random guy went up and stabbed him, and there seems to be nothing you can do to stop them unless by chance you discover their agent
    Assign a rake to each general.

In my games, it tends to vary how active the AI rakes are, but currently they killed off two historically real generals in my game....They killed poor Gneisenau and Scharnhorst, who were on campaign in Italy. It really sucks when that happens because those guys DIE and you can't get them back. However, it might have saved my Western Army fighting France because I was able to assassinate Napoleon.And yes to the above poster, it seems that the only way you can prevent your general from being assassinated is to place a rake with him. Is there any Modders out there that would be willing to take away the Rake's ability to kill generals and maybe give him the ability to kill ministers or something?? That would be a little more realistic afaik
    “You rogues, do you want to live for ever?” - Frederick The Great

"Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior." - Karl von Clausewitz

"The conqueror is always a lover of peace; he would prefer to take over our country unopposed." - Karl von Clausewitz

Prussian Might!
    Rizz39 on Steam, Add me and ask to play some MP!