Thread: [TATW] Rebirth of Gondor - AAR

Default [TATW] Rebirth of Gondor - AAR

[TATW] Rebirth of Gondor – AAR

Settings: Hard/Medium

This is my first AAR and my first time playing the TATW mod. This AAR will be split in books, the story will be told from the Steward’s view. Each book will tell the story of a Steward, so when Denethor dies, the book end and a new one begin with Boromir, if he still lives, as Steward. I am from Holland so my English isn’t perfect. I hope you enjoy. Feel ofcourse free to give feedback and correct me of my spelling mistakes.

Book 1: Denethor, Steward of Gondor.

Introduction

The time of Gondors pride and glory is gone. Just a shadow of it’s former power. The house of Kings has fallen long ago, and the House of Stewards is at the break of extinction. The Dark Lord Sauron has return to his land Mordor and rebuilt the Black Tower. Once again we are at war with Mordor and their allies in the East and in the South. It is now me and my family who most face his wrath and although we don’t have the same power as earlier, we still have a chance.

This is our family. I have confidence that as long as my sons live, we have a chance.

*Note: The black one should be Imrahil*

My heir, Boromir is strong and decisive. He will lead the armies of Gondor in battle together with his brother Faramir. I know for sure, Boromir will make me proud.

Faramir, My second son will lead the Rangers to battle. His strength isn't as good as Boromirs but he is smarter.

Imrahil, the Prince of Dol Amroth, is also family of me. Thanks to my wife, who has past away.
    It will be his job to defend the coast from attacks of the Haradrim and corsairs.

2890 Third Age

I have given orders for building roads trough out Gondor. Our treasury is very low and with better roads i hope to improve trade.

I also order the training of new troops in Minas Tirith. Faramir will need them to reconquer Western Osgilliath.

I order the courier to deliver my message to Faramir.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Faramir,

I will send your more troops, I want you to reconquer Osgilliath. After you take the city i will send your brothers as soon as possible with reinforcement so that you can take Cair Andros. I wish you the best of luck.

Your Father,
    Denethor, Steward and Lord of Gondor.

When the recruiting of new troops is done I order them to catch up with Faramir who needs them to retake Western Osgilliath.

This year Faramir has married a young noble women named Malfindes. She is pretty and very nice. I hope the two will soon get some sons, because sons is what we need.

Word has reach my ear with good news, Faramir has laid siege on Western Osgilliath. He only needs to wait before his rams are ready.

The world as we know it.

EDIT: If anybodies knows how to insert images, feel free to help me

EDIT2: Added images correctly
    Last edited by Elessar Ancalimon; May 01, 2010 at 12:25 PM.

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [TATW] Rebirth of Gondor - AAR

Right click on the actual image(after clicking the thumbnail), copy the link and add [img] to the front of the link and [/img] at the end

imrahil has boromirs pic lol

Quote Originally Posted by axnsan View Post
    Right click on the actual image(after clicking the thumbnail), copy the link and add [img] to the front of the link and [/img] at the end

Oke thank you

Quote Originally Posted by KingLeonidas300
    imrahil has boromirs pic lol

Yes, he has, there is something wrong with that. It changes all the time Not that i mind, I personnaly don't really care about him.

Next update will be soon, and a bit more action

- Elessar Ancalimon

2980 TA

The courier has brought me a letter from Faramir. It is his battle report of the siege of Western Osgilliath.

Spoiler for Siege of W.Osgilliath
    Dear Father, Here is my battle report.

Directly after dawn we took up positions west of the city.
    I order the rams to move to the main gate to smash it down. I and the other troops are also marching up. Our enemy positioned their men on their walls. My rangers and archers will deal with them.

However, directly after the first ram reached the gate the enemy made it burn.

Happily for us, we have another one. It soon reached the gate and smashed it down.

With the gate fallen, Our army runs in to the city to face everyone who wants to stop us. After a while it seems that our enemy can't hold the gate.

With our troops in their city streets, we marched to the courtyard, were their last men were gathered.

After finishing those men we have captured the city. We lost many men, but our goal is reached.

I am happy Western Osgilliath is returned under control of Gondor. I am bit disappointed although we won a battle, we've lost 200 men! Even with Faramir outnumbering the enemy!

Soon after diner i receive other reports. Our building program is running well. Every mayor city's our now connected by dirt roads. It is beginning. I hope Faramir can soon march on Cair Andros. If we have that ancient fortress we are safe from direct attacks on Minas Tirith.

The Council has suggested to adopt a man named Beregond. That man has won their trust, because he is very loyal. He will serve Faramir in battle after I have learned him better.

I order Imrahil to build watch towers on the shores, when the Haradrim and their wicked corsairs attack we will now were and when.

2891 TA

I receive a new report from Faramir. He has taken Cair Andros! Apparently he thought he didn't need to ask mine permission to attack but I forgive him.

Spoiler for Siege of Cair Andros
    Dear Father,
    I and the army have attacked and taken Cair Andros. I know it was with out your permission but 3 days ago we received a message from our spy in Cair Andros that he had managed to bribe the guards. We couldn't waste this chance and so we marched.

Our army marched upon Cair Andros

Our spy opened the gate for our army. This clearly surprised our enemy because there army were scattered around the fortress.

After fighting and killing most of the enemies only their forces near the courtyard remained. So I ordered my troops to march and kill the last one. After some half a hour of fighting, our enemies men were screaming, their general was dead.

After his dead their army lost hope and we soon killed them all.

Now that both Cair Andros and Western Osgilliath are returned to Gondor's authority. The river crossings are safe. Unless the Enemy wants to march his armies hundreds of miles extra he needs to attack the crossings and their we will trap them. Our men are superior in combat and I trust them, I believe Gondor can be saved.
    Last edited by Elessar Ancalimon; May 02, 2010 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Updated with Siege of Cair Andros.

I enjoy first person Third Age AARs. Keep it up!

Thank you It takes much more time than when you play a normal game and writing a AAR in english isn't that easy for me.

Oke, sorry guys, I have accidently ruined my game by trying to install HRR mod in the wrong place so i need to totally reinstall the game So this thread can be closed