Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of 1805 Uniforms Needed

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Pictures of 1805 Uniforms Needed

I'm looking for pictures of uniforms in 1805 or places where I can find them. I've already used the Vinkuizen collection. Also, those from France, Austria, Russia, Prussia, Great Britain and the Italian Kingdom aren't needed.

Sanguis's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Pictures of 1805 Uniforms Needed

Maybe you could use some of these books.
    http://www.ospreypublishing.com/napoleonic/

and maybe this one?
    http://books.google.nl/books?id=nk97...ed=0CE8Q6AEwBw

edit: maybe this one, but it's quite expensive: http://www.napoleon-series.org/revie...guniforms.html
    Last edited by Sanguis; April 30, 2010 at 12:45 PM.

Excellent source of uniforms there: http://www.mont-saint-jean.com/
    (sadly it's 1815... )
    Ceci est une signature

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguis View Post
    Maybe you could use some of these books.
    http://www.ospreypublishing.com/napoleonic/

and maybe this one?
    http://books.google.nl/books?id=nk97...ed=0CE8Q6AEwBw

edit: maybe this one, but it's quite expensive: http://www.napoleon-series.org/revie...guniforms.html
    I don't want to buy a book, though.

Any particular nation, I have a book of uhm, that might be useful, but Im not eally willing to copy out lines of info...

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBunny666 View Post
    Any particular nation, I have a book of uhm, that might be useful, but Im not eally willing to copy out lines of info...
    I'm looking for Switzerland, Dennemark and Portugal for the moment.

Denmark:

black top hats with extended left brim turned up and held by a regimental loop and buttons, red tunics in the Russian potemkin style of 1792, white lining small clothes gaiters and belts. The Guard had bearskins and no lapels. Jagers wore green coats of line infantry cut and black facings. Life Guard cavalry wore the Tarleton, with black crest, red and silver turban, white plume with red tip on the left side. Single breasted tunics with red collars and cuffs edged in silver, high boots, black belts red sabretasche edged silver with crwoned cipher C7.

I have more but Ill post that in a bit...

Denmark:

black top hats with extended left brim turned up and held by a regimental loop and buttons, red tunics in the Russian potemkin style of 1792, white lining small clothes gaiters and belts. The Guard had bearskins and no lapels. Jagers wore green coats of line infantry cut and black facings. Life Guard cavalry wore the Tarleton, with black crest, red and silver turban, white plume with red tip on the left side. Single breasted tunics with red collars and cuffs edged in silver, high boots, black belts red sabretasche edged silver with crwoned cipher C7.

I have more but Ill post that in a bit...
    So the Danes wore top hats like their Swedish cousins?
    What hat did jaegers wear?

Sanguis's Avatar Tiro

is this for the NOW mod?

It's for my hat mod.

Sanguis's Avatar Tiro

You should be very sceptical about the Vinkhuizen collection. If you find a picture there, make sure you have another source aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    So the Danes wore top hats like their Swedish cousins?
    What hat did jaegers wear?
    Jägers and Light Infantry also wore the top hats in 1805. Basically, you could take the hat the swedish militia is wearing, and just give it white plumes for line infantry, green plumes for jäegers. Have a look at the Denmark-Norway thread I started for a link to a contemporary series from 1801, only change is that danish grenadiers had bearskins introduced from 1803, while norwegian grenadiers still used the M1789 Potemkin hat.

NB: the green clad danish jägers in the vanilla game are a good depiction of the "Livjægerkorps", originally a volunteer unit of Copenhagen that wore a special czapka + uniform, so they are correct (for tht unit) and shoult not be changed, however they are not representative of other Jägers uniform at the time.

And heres the rest:

Heavy cavalry worebicorns with white plumes, red tunics of infantry cut, with yellow lining, buff breeches and white belts. Facings were worn on collars cuffs and lapels. All buttons were white, the Holstien regiments facings were piped in yellow,. Light dragoons wore the Tarleton, red tunics with yellow lining, white buttons, gauntlets, belts and breeches, hussar style boots. Hussars wore Mirliton, light blue dolmans, red pelisse with black fur, white lace, buff leather breeches and hussar style boots. Artillery as for line infantry but with dark blue facing and breeches.

And heres the rest:

Heavy cavalry worebicorns with white plumes, red tunics of infantry cut, with yellow lining, buff breeches and white belts. Facings were worn on collars cuffs and lapels. All buttons were white, the Holstien regiments facings were piped in yellow,. Light dragoons wore the Tarleton, red tunics with yellow lining, white buttons, gauntlets, belts and breeches, hussar style boots. Hussars wore Mirliton, light blue dolmans, red pelisse with black fur, white lace, buff leather breeches and hussar style boots. Artillery as for line infantry but with dark blue facing and breeches.
    So the bicorne would be appropiate for those horse guards they have right?

Also, is it "short" like the regular bicorne or "tall" like the bicorne worn by many German states including Prussia at the time?

No, the cavalry of the life guard wore the Tarleton, see my previous post.

As for short or tall, from pictures it seems like the ones the Prussians have more than the french...

What would heavy dragoons wear?

Bicorns

Perhaps this site can may be helpful http://www.grosser-generalstab.de/

Cheers

Wopuld Life guards wear the same plume color as line infantry or any plume at all?

There was only two squadrons of Horse Guards, one had blue-tipped plumes, the other had red-tipped. (With a low recruitment cap, you can actually recreate the Danish Horse Guards 1:1).

I would not use the Lienhart & Humber plate shown above for anything, it is wildly inaccurate, mixes different patterns, and is wrong in many aspects.

As for the cavalry:
    The Horse (Rytter Regiment) had bicornes, but by 1805 had probably changed to the new regulation round hat, same as the infantry/artillery hat, but with a rhomboid brass plate in front, and a red/yellow capcord to avoid losing the hat.

There were no "heavy dragoons" (or medium ones) between 1790-something and 1808, only lights, and the one medium dragoon raised that year (Prins Frederik Ferdinands) was given the shako (changed in 1812-13 for the tarleton)
    Source: "Den danske Hær i Napoleonstiden", Copenhagen 1992, and the official regulations as given in Hedegaards Rescriptsamling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast