Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: 1. Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga Discussion Thread

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: 1. Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga Discussion Thread

good news about dzeko i was really worried hed leave

"Hey, mr. Dzeko. I can offer you money, women and a good house in Manchester. You interested?"
    "No mr. blue man. I am not interested."
    "Lots of money. 1m£ range."
    "Not interested."
    "Alrighty, 1.5£, last offer"
    "Aaah, yeah but I have always wanted to be trained by the great Roberto Mancini. Besides your side seems like a nice side with lots of good friendships..."
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn777 View Post
    Some BL news:

43 times German international and Schalke Kampfschwein °2 Gerald Asamoah will play for the promoted St Pauli next year. Looking forward to see that force of nature play in the new Millarntor stadium.

Edin Dzeko will not play for Real Madrid, AC Milan or Arsenal next year but will stay in Wolfsburg.

Also Andreas Beck is the only player being scrapped from the national-team at the WC.
    Kampfschwein? Struggle Pig?
    Or is it like a nickname in german or something?

Good thing Dzeko will stay in Wolfsburg. I DO want to see more stars in the BL

I dunno why Beck is being omitted. I would've axed Mario Gomez
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    Kampfschwein? Struggle Pig?
    Or is it like a nickname in german or something?
    It means Fighting Pig or War Boar.

It was originally the nickname for Schalke legend Marc Wilmots, but when he quit Asamoah took over the honorable title.

Always liked him. Always in the mids and has quite a few goals behind his name.
    I dunno why Beck is being omitted. I would've axed Mario Gomez
    First it looked like Kiessling would be send home.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Ohhh ok, yeah Asamoah is quite a fighter in midfield

I like Kiessling. Isn't he like the top scoring German player in the 2009-2010 Bundesliga?
    Gomez just sucks

Comes Limitis

Ohhh ok, yeah Asamoah is quite a fighter in midfield
    Hes a striker but fights across the field.
    I like Kiessling. Isn't he like the top scoring German player in the 2009-2010 Bundesliga?
    Gomez just sucks
    Yeah throwing Kiessling out would be nuts, but Gomez is theoretic world class. He even scored many goals this mid-season when Bayern played without Robben and Gomez got to start allot of games. That he is this quite with his reserve-role as a big star also speaks for him.

Maybe he will excel now for the DFB as well. He certainly must feel motivated to prove all wrong.
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Hes a striker but fights across the field.

Yeah throwing Kiessling out would be nuts, but Gomez is theoretic world class. He even scored many goals this mid-season when Bayern played without Robben and Gomez got to start allot of games. That he is this quite with his reserve-role as a big star also speaks for him.

Maybe he will excel now for the DFB as well. He certainly must feel motivated to prove all wrong.
    Indeed, but he's lately been out of form. Olic is clearly superior.
    Probably Jogi will use a 4-5-1 formation. Neuer(GK) - Boateng(LB) - Mertesacker(CB) - Friedrich(CB) - Lahm(RB) - Schweini(CDM) - Khedira(CDM) - Kroos(RM) - Marin(LM) - Ozil(CAM) - Kiessling/Cacau(ST)

So only 1 striker will probably be used, unless the CAM position would be changed to a Supporting Striker position

Comes Limitis

Indeed, but he's lately been out of form. Olic is clearly superior.
    Probably Jogi will use a 4-5-1 formation. Neuer(GK) - Boateng(LB) - Mertesacker(CB) - Friedrich(CB) - Lahm(RB) - Schweini(CDM) - Khedira(CDM) - Kroos(RM) - Marin(LM) - Ozil(CAM) - Kiessling/Cacau(ST)

So only 1 striker will probably be used, unless the CAM position would be changed to a Supporting Striker position
    Its more because Olic fits the role better when Ribery and Robben play the sides. Van Gaal wanted a more versatile striker for that position to make the game less static and therefore create space on the flanks, and it just happened Olic played it very well when he got the chance. Gomez never got out for sucking as a "deep striker" himself. Its the same problem Ibrahimovic has at Barca btw.

As for your team: I think Podolski and Klose will start. When looking at the stats both reign above everyone else what DFB goals are concerned, each about a 1/2 goal per match for about 120 games counting both players caps together, thus 1 goal per match guaranteed when both play. Those stats don't lie even when they have hard times at their team, it wouldn't be the first time, like 06 with Poldi at Bayern.

That are Pele, Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo kind of stats and its hard for Löw to just brush that aside.

Also I think Marin will have a reserve role, which I don't agree on, but Löw never seemed to have all to much symphaty for Marin despite his excellent performances. He could really disturb the defense though when coming in the 70th minute and steamrolling on tired opponents. I think Löw will play 4-4-2.
    Last edited by Thorn777; June 03, 2010 at 06:56 AM.

Its more because Olic fits the role better when Ribery and Robben play the sides. Van Gaal wanted a more versatile striker for that position to make the game less static and therefore create space on the flanks, and it just happened Olic played it very well when he got the chance. Gomez never got out for sucking as a "deep striker" himself. Its the same problem Ibrahimovic has at Barca btw.

As for your team: I think Podolski and Klose will start. When looking at the stats both reign above everyone else what DFB goals are concerned, each about a 1/2 goal per match for about 120 games counting both players caps together, thus 1 goal per match guaranteed when both play. Those stats don't lie even when they have hard times at their team, it wouldn't be the first time, like 06 with Poldi at Bayern.

That are Pele, Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo kind of stats and its hard for Löw to just brush that aside.
    Yeah but Jogi himself said that he is worried with Klose's form. Podolski is another probability for starting striker. But I think Klose won't see too much of the WC(Even if I bought a Germany home shirt with him on the back)

Klose was key in qualifiers, jogi would be a fool to not at least try him out. obviously cacau will be in. we will all know better in the next few hours after bosnia

Yeah but Jogi himself said that he is worried with Klose's form. Podolski is another probability for starting striker. But I think Klose won't see too much of the WC(Even if I bought a Germany home shirt with him on the back)
    one thing ive noticed is that Jogi can be set in his ways about certain players weather they perform badly or not. same with formation. we might even see him throw some gomez in there. especially since he got himself on the score sheet last game.

Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by pchalk View Post
    Klose was key in qualifiers, jogi would be a fool to not at least try him out. obviously cacau will be in. we will all know better in the next few hours after bosnia
    I don't think these test-games reveal all that much. He could also just test players he isn't to sure of.

Though it will be interesting to see. Bosnia is pretty good.

I don't think these test-games reveal all that much. He could also just test players he isn't to sure of.

Though it will be interesting to see. Bosnia is pretty good.
    o yea if he didnt these games would just serve to injure our players. definatly an excellent shot today from lahm and i def agree with u. I expected bosnia to be a challenge and that proved true. they just have nothing short of an immaculate and organized offense. poldi did decent today too

o btw my stream really started crapping out like the last 20 min of the game. what brought about those 2 pks?

(changing out of my klose jersey to my Lahm one )
    Last edited by pchalk; June 03, 2010 at 03:57 PM.

LOL I never knew Dzeko was Bosnian until I saw him on the scoresheet
    Didn't see the game, but I am happy with the result even if there were 2 penalties.

LOL Italy lost against Mexico LOL
    Spain a narrow 1-0 against S.Korea.

I think Germany have a good chance of winning this

Comes Limitis

LOL I never knew Marin was Bosnian born.

o yea if he didnt these games would just serve to injure our players. definatly an excellent shot today from lahm and i def agree with u. I expected bosnia to be a challenge and that proved true. they just have nothing short of an immaculate and organized offense. poldi did decent today too

o btw my stream really started crapping out like the last 20 min of the game. what brought about those 2 pks?

(changing out of my klose jersey to my Lahm one )
    Actually the main reason for all these test-games are funds for the DFB and the other national associations.

One would figure the last test-games before a WC would be like a general-repetition but I cant say to have seen a clear pattern with Löw, more so since this was the first of the last with Bayern players.

He started out with Klose and Poldi, but I think he might just turn to Cacau seeing the game. I cant say...
    Last edited by Thorn777; June 04, 2010 at 08:51 AM.

LOL I never knew Marin was Bosnian born.

Actually the main reason for all these test-games are funds for the DFB and the other national associations.

One would figure the last test-games before a WC would be like a general-repetition but I cant say to have seen a clear pattern with Löw, more so since this was the first of the last with Bayern players.

He started out with Klose and Poldi, but I think he might just turn to Cacau seeing the game. I cant say...
    i didnt know that about Marin either. i thought he was half serb half german but looks like im wrong. makes sense i guess about the games.

Comes Limitis

They said it last game and how some Bosnian players are pissed at Marin for picking Germany. Also guys like Ibisevic, Salihovic and Misimovic have a German background. Sehad Salihovic from Berlin Neuköln said he never had anything to do with Bosnia until he started playing for the national-team. On one hand its sad so much Aussländer still pick the other nationality on another its good they can stay in tough with that nation.

Also some BL news: Arnautovic, a great talented striker from Twente, but who couldn't make it this year at Inter will play for Werder next year.

They said it last game and how some Bosnian players are pissed at Marin for picking Germany. Also guys like Ibisevic, Salihovic and Misimovic have a German background. Sehad Salihovic from Berlin Neuköln said he never had anything to do with Bosnia until he started playing for the national-team. On one hand its sad so much Aussländer still pick the other nationality on another its good they can stay in tough with that nation.

Also some BL news: Arnautovic, a great talented striker from Twente, but who couldn't make it this year at Inter will play for Werder next year.

But, doesn't Schaaf usually play a 4-2-3-1 formation?
    And isn't the lone striker Claudio Pizarro? And isn't he one of the best BL strikers ever?
    I don't really think he is needed, because Almeida is quite a good backup, and Rosenberg isn't half bad

i agree about the ausländer. with marin i read on wiki that hes a bsonian serb. possible politics is a source of distancing himself from bosnia

But, doesn't Schaaf usually play a 4-2-3-1 formation?
    And isn't the lone striker Claudio Pizarro? And isn't he one of the best BL strikers ever?
    I don't really think he is needed, because Almeida is quite a good backup, and Rosenberg isn't half bad
    yea werder is pretty set on strikers. maybe hell change formation for offensive epicness
    Last edited by pchalk; June 04, 2010 at 11:23 PM.

yea werder is pretty set on strikers. maybe hell change formation for offensive epicness
    And eliminate who?
    A Defensive Midfielder(Bargfrede/Borowski, I don't really think Frings would be excluded from a Werder line-up)??
    Ozil? Would Schaaf play him on the wings instead of the CAM position and adapt a 4-4-2? or maybe a 4-3-3?
    Damn I'm itching for next season
    but first the WC