Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: 1. Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Comes Limitis

Default Re: 1. Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Ribery will stay till 2015. Good news for their 4-4-3 and the BL in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Yeah with the likes of Ribery and Robben in the BL, it seems that more stars will be attracted to playing in Germany.
    Spain are buying everything though
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    Yeah with the likes of Ribery and Robben in the BL, it seems that more stars will be attracted to playing in Germany.
    Spain are buying everything though
    Well the Spanish govt excepted foreign stars from paying income-taxes so the PD had a great monetary advantage luring players there, but since the economic crisis the Spanish govt got rid of that craziness. The future will tell how they will cope with that.

Also in other aspects the BL looks to have a brighter future ahead, and soon many clubs will run out of ways to collect players payed with debt.
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Agreed.
    Don't forget that the Bundesliga has some of the most profitable clubs in Europe. Tickets are cheap and almost every game is sold out(Lol I watched Hannover vs Hertha and still the stadium was full up)
    And the Bundesliga is still young compared to the Serie A, EPL and La Liga.
    In 10 years time it will be the best(or second best) in Europe

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...10/8702311.stm

soooo yea who thinks these injuries are starting to look like a bad omen? or perhaps a conspiracy

Erebus Pasha's Avatar vezir-i âzam

I see Kevin Kuranyi was excluded again from Germany's plans. What's happening with him?

www.ottomanhistorypodcast.com/
    Under the patronage of the Noble Savage.

Quote Originally Posted by pchalk View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...10/8702311.stm

soooo yea who thinks these injuries are starting to look like a bad omen? or perhaps a conspiracy
    Yeah he was hurt in a training session and got a knock to his knee.
    But there are plenty of players to fill Trasch's boots. Westermann, Mertesacker, Friedrich, Tasci, Khedira, Rolfes etc etc etc
    Besided he is still young. He will play in other World Cups
    Ballack on the other hand...I'd search for a cry emoticon but I really don't feel like it

I see Kevin Kuranyi was excluded again from Germany's plans. What's happening with him?
    He fell out of favor with Jogi. Jogi picks players that obey him, not based on their performances. Hence why Kuranyi and Frings(BEST striker/d.m in Germany respectively) have been excluded

Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus26 View Post
    Two years ago Kuranyi drove home immediately after being substituted in an interland. Then Kurnyi made a statement at a special press-conference stating he will never ever want to play for the national-team again.

He later came back on that, but Löw never forgave his rather idiotic yet incidental behavior.

Then again an "idiotic" grudge by Löw. The German national team is almost sectarian or like a street gang what these things are concerned. I guess also feeding the typical German strengths, which is definitely not individual technical skill.
    Last edited by Thorn777; May 25, 2010 at 08:58 AM.

Thanks for filling me on this. Obviously Low is holding a grudge hich is idiotic considering that Kuranyi is still a class act and is still scoring heavily in the Bundesliga. Considering that Low has picked a woefully off-form Podolski, and Klose who is warming the bench now at Bayern, I really do hope that this decision doesn't come back to haunt Germany in the finals.

Apart from Kuranyi, do you think any other players were deserving of a place over the the present crop of players picked for the World Cup?
    Last edited by Erebus Pasha; May 25, 2010 at 06:20 PM.

Thanks for filling me on this. Obviously Low is holding a grudge hich is idiotic considering that Kuranyi is still a class act and is still scoring heavily in the Bundesliga. Considering that Low has picked a woefully off-form Podolski, and Klose who is warming the bench now at Bayern, I really do hope that this decision doesn't come back to haunt Germany in the finals.

Apart from Kuranyi, do you think any other players were deserving of a place over the the present crop of players picked for the World Cup?
    FRINGS, FRINGS, FRINGS and FRINGS
    Germany NEED a strong and leadership-abled midfielder.
    Schweini's good as a player, but Torsten is a leader...something Germany will lack in the WC

Comes Limitis

Yeah well, when looking at it objectively your right, but on the other hand Löw always was very principal on eradicating anything possibly disturbing group-cohesion and just doesn't want the rebel types. The same with Frings who ones had the "audacity" to question Löw.

Like they say in Germany "no one gets extra sausage".

As for Pololski: I think its a weird choice as well, but on the other hand Podolski is a weird player. He sucks for a consistent 2 years now, but he's a very dynamic player with a great shot. Löw recently said: "Podolski will explode at the worldcup" and many journalists said "he's the player who gives the most at the national-team trainings ATM, and never seen that from him at FC Köln, his club", where he is just worshiped as a son of the city and cant do nothing wrong even if sucking in games and being halfarsed at the trainings. So who knows what he will bring wen trained and motivated.

As for players I'd like to see: I think he otherwise made fine and courageous picks. Lots of young and talented players, something not many Bundes-trainers dared to do, mostly they just went with established older players so the press cant hammer them to much in case of failing.

Though I think Rost (keeper, HSV) should have deserved a spot. Flawless keeper for years and years, but also very outspoken and dominant, so I guess thats why Löw didn't pick him.

Also Mats Hummels (CD, Dortmund) is just a great young defender, but the team has other great defender to.

Also I don't like Brazilian players being Germanized, like Cacau. He's a great lad, but I never was a big fan of his skills. I'd rather have seen the young Sydney Sam, who had a great year at Kaiserlautern on that position. A much more productive type what assists and goals are concerned, but it has to be said Cacau is a real hard worker.

But I'd rather see this:
    Last edited by Thorn777; May 25, 2010 at 11:36 PM.

Yeah the omission of Frings is baffling too, all the more so now Ballack is injured. Frings could've taken his place as a leader in the squad and a talisman too like Son of Odin has mentioned. Although on the other hand I'm glad to see that some promising youngsters have been picked - Muller, Badstuber, Kroos and Marin. I'm looking forward to see how Mesut Ozil performs on the big stage too. I was hoping to see Reus there too but no such luck. I'm not really a fan of nationalised players like Cacau especially as he doesn't bring much to the table except for hard work...but I suppose the other contender, Patrick Helmes, has been struggling for form since returning from injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn777 View Post
    Yeah well, when looking at it objectively your right, but on the other hand Löw always was very principal on eradicating anything possibly disturbing group-cohesion and just doesn't want the rebel types. The same with Frings who ones had the "audacity" to question Löw.

Like they say in Germany "no one gets extra sausage".

As for Pololski: I think its a weird choice as well, but on the other hand Podolski is a weird player. He sucks for a consistent 2 years now, but he's a very dynamic player with a great shot. Löw recently said: "Podolski will explode at the worldcup" and many journalists said "he's the player who gives the most at the national-team trainings ATM, and never seen that from him at FC Köln, his club", where he is just worshiped as a son of the city and cant do nothing wrong even if sucking in games and being halfarsed at the trainings. So who knows what he will bring wen trained and motivated.

As for players I'd like to see: I think he otherwise made fine and courageous picks. Lots of young and talented players, something not many Bundes-trainers dared to do, mostly they just went with established older players so the press cant hammer them to much in case of failing.

Though I think Rost (keeper, HSV) should have deserved a spot. Flawless keeper for years and years, but also very outspoken and dominant, so I guess thats why Löw didn't pick him.

Also Mats Hummels (CD, Dortmund) is just a great young defender, but the team has other great defender to.

Also I don't like Brazilian players being Germanized, like Cacau. He's a great lad, but I never was a big fan of his skills. I'd rather have seen the young Sydney Sam, who had a great year at Kaiserlautern on that position. A much more productive type what assists and goals are concerned, but it has to be said Cacau is a real hard worker.

But I'd rather see this:
    Lucas "Lazy" Podolski - The Kid who could've been the best striker in the world and instead didn't improve his talents at Bayern and is now with a crap team

Agreed on Brazilian-Germans(although I'd quite like Naldo to play for Germany...) and youth players
    Rost is a fantastic keeper. Way better than Butt IMO

Yeah the omission of Frings is baffling too, all the more so now Ballack is injured. Frings could've taken his place as a leader in the squad
    Indeed, but it isn't baffling at all. Jogi either : Dislikes Frings, Doesn't believe Frings is capable of WC class football(lofl) or Hates long hair(Know any long haired footballer in the German team this year?)

agreed i like Rost too

This news might interest you all :

Bayer Leverkusen After Hertha Defender Arne Friedrich - Report

Ambitious Bundesliga outfit Bayer Leverkusen are considering making a move for experienced Hertha Berlin defender Arne Friedrich this summer, according to a report in Kicker.

The Werkself are determined to add some more depth to their defence ahead of next season and head coach Jupp Heynckes has supposedly made Friedrich one of the club's primary targets on the transfer market.

Friedrich is eager to leave Hertha Berlin after the club's relegation to the 2. Bundesliga and has attracted the interest of several Bundesliga sides. Aside from Bayer Leverkusen, Wolfsburg and Koeln are also believed to be keeping tabs on the 30-year-old.

The German international joined Hertha from Arminia Bielefeld in the summer of 2002 and has since made well over 200 league appearances for the Alte Dame.

Bayer Leverkusen have already secured the services of Domagoj Vida, Sidney Sam and Zvonko Pamic.
    Source : http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germa...iedrich-report

RELIEF!!!! For me...

Per Mertesacker Will Not Leave Werder Bremen - Klaus Allofs
    Werder's general director has made it clear that Mertesacker is not for sale at any price...

Towering Werder Bremen defender Per Mertesacker was recently linked with a move to Premier League powerhouse Arsenal, but it appears unlikely that the German international will leave the Bundesliga side.

"Per will definitely not leave Werder Bremen this summer. I can rule out a move in the upcoming transfer window. He is simply not for sale at any price," Werder Bremen's general director Klaus Allofs was quoted as saying by Bild.

"We recently discussed Per's future with him. You can't just have second thoughts only months later. He's an important player for us and we are determined to hold on to Per."

Mertesacker has already made it clear that he'd be interested in a transfer if a big European club came up. However, the highly rated defender's current Werder deal runs until the summer of 2012 and the Hanseaten are clearly reluctant to let go of the centre-back.
    Last edited by SonOfOdin; May 27, 2010 at 06:57 AM.

Comes Limitis

Couldn't care less about Friedrich going. I'm actually glad he's gone. Just shows what a weak character he is. Even Raffael and Ramos stayed, two guys in their younger days and who have several offers from big clubs. They have everything to loose, Friedrich is a captain leaving the sinking ship.

Not that I value his skills. Had two good years way back, but a mere pretender for years and years somehow favored by the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn777 View Post
    Couldn't care less about Friedrich going. I'm actually glad he's gone. Just shows what a weak character he is. Even Raffael and Ramos stayed, two guys in their younger days and who have several offers from big clubs. They have everything to loose, Friedrich is a captain leaving the sinking ship.

Not that I value his skills. Had two good years way back, but a mere pretender for years and years somehow favored by the right people.
    Indeed, I still can't figure out what Jogi sees in him
    Sure he's experienced, but he's too slow to make up for it.
    Westermann is WAY better

i say we just bring back beckenbauer. im sure even at his age he tries to stay healthy
    -------------------------------------------------

http://origin-team.dfb.de/de/videos/...tml?1274946131

well it seems they are in shape
    Last edited by pchalk; May 27, 2010 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pchalk View Post
    i say we just bring back beckenbauer. im sure even at his age he tries to stay healthy
    -------------------------------------------------

http://origin-team.dfb.de/de/videos/...tml?1274946131

well it seems they are in shape
    Lol, Franz tad-doughnuts(as we say in Maltese)

Flavius Nevitta's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    Indeed, I still can't figure out what Jogi sees in him
    Sure he's experienced, but he's too slow to make up for it.
    Westermann is WAY better
    Westermann? lol you can't be serious! Westermann can play all positions in defense but none really well. I would have tried Hummels instead.

Anyway Friedrich's not bad but I hope we'll et rid of him soon. Around 3,5 mio per annum (depending on bonuses) is way too much for what he showed this year and his statements after the last game vs Munich didn't really raise my opinion of him.
    RESTITVTOR LIBERTATIS ET ROMANAE RELIGIONIS

MINERVAE ET SOLIS INVICTI DISCIPVLVS

formerly known as L.C.Cinna