Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: 1. Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Comes Limitis

Default Re: 1. Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Löw already secluded taking another player in the currently 27 player line-up. So thats a definite no for Träsh and Frings.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

I hate that man...I really do...REALLY do.
    Damn him and his posh hair(I hate that as well)

Looking at the comments on the article, I got the idea that the fans want either Kroos, Frings or Schweini in that role.
    I wouldn't mind Schweini since he has been excellent at CM in Bayern, and Frings...well you know me when it comes to him.
    But Kroos is a pure attacking-minded player. He isn't a midfield leader(which Germany lack ATM) and a team leader(which Germany ALSO lack ATM) or even a good defensive midfielder.
    I'd say either Friedrich or Lahm will take up the captain's armband

I am considering suicide my friends
    Mesut Oezil Heading For Werder Bremen Exit
    The gifted playmaker appears to be on his way out of Werder Bremen...

Highly rated playmaker Mesut Oezil appears to be on his way out of Bundesliga outfit Werder Bremen as the young midfielder has expressed his desire to move abroad, according to a report by Welt.

The 21-year-old midfielder started his professional career at Schalke, but left the Konigsblauen for Bremen in January 2008 after a contract dispute with the Schalke board.

Oezil struggled to find his best form in his first months at Werder, but the left-footed midfielder has developed into one of the best midfielders in the Bundesliga since.

The German international's current Werder Bremen deal is due to expire in the summer of 2011 and negotiations about a contract extension haven't been successful so far.

Therefore, Werder could decide to cash in on the attacking midfielder this summer to prevent him from leaving the club on a free transfer in 2011.
    Last edited by SonOfOdin; May 17, 2010 at 12:19 PM.
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    I hate that man...I really do...REALLY do.
    Damn him and his posh hair(I hate that as well)

Looking at the comments on the article, I got the idea that the fans want either Kroos, Frings or Schweini in that role.
    I wouldn't mind Schweini since he has been excellent at CM in Bayern, and Frings...well you know me when it comes to him.
    But Kroos is a pure attacking-minded player. He isn't a midfield leader(which Germany lack ATM) and a team leader(which Germany ALSO lack ATM) or even a good defensive midfielder.
    I'd say either Friedrich or Lahm will take up the captain's armband

I am considering suicide my friends
    "Posh hair"

Well I think the most logic choice would be Khedira, hes a very similar player to Ballack and Löw has a solid system going for years depending on keeping positions.

Khedira certainly has every potential and just like Ballack can score goals. One thing is for sure and that he can run all game long. Maybe not the worst thing considering the heat in south-Africa.

Özil: yeah I think its to early for him to leave Werder.
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

lol at the hair comment. well my first choice would be frings no matter how likely it will be be. assuming the other defenders perform as predicted i wouldnt mind Westermann stepping up. hes a pretty versatile player and would cover the defensive and even offensive skill in the midfield position. o and thorn idk how hot it gets in South Africa but it is technically winter there.
    Last edited by pchalk; May 17, 2010 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pchalk View Post
    lol at the hair comment. well my first choice would be frings no matter how likely it will be be. assuming the other defenders perform as predicted i wouldnt mind Westermann stepping up. hes a pretty versatile player and would cover the defensive and even offensive skill in the midfield position. o and thorn idk how hot it gets in South Africa but it is technically winter there.
    Yeah it will be winter in South Africa in the duration of the World Cup.
    Besides, South South Africa has a climate similiar to the Mediterranean. Getting like 40-30 Degrees Celsius every day. I play football daily in those temperatures in Malta in Summer(ok I smell like Löw's hair without hair spray but anyways)

haha

Comes Limitis

Still there could be hot days, and stamina and attitude is Khedira's strength while he lacks some other quality's.

Also Westermann is no ideal player for that position. Löw already made Khedira the replacement player.

well they are all better men than me, i cant stand heat doing nothing physically straining. playing soccer would be just that much worse

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn777 View Post
    Still there could be hot days, and stamina and attitude is Khedira's strength while he lacks some other quality's.

Also Westermann is no ideal player for that position. Löw already made Khedira the replacement player.
    Yeah. Khedira looks promising, but he lacks the much needed experience in my opinion.
    Westermann should play alongside Mertesacker in central defence(Wester. is MUCH better than Friedrich)

well they are all better men than me, i cant stand heat doing nothing physically straining. playing soccer would be just that much worse
    In Malta, I start sleeping with the fan directly on me all night long(lol) from April...so I'm not really adequate for heat either.
    When I went to Rome in June 2008(I think it was 2008, not sure if 2007) I ROFLCOPTERED at rainy weather in June. Certainly extremely different, considering that there is only a 1:30 - 2:30 hour flight between Malta and Rome...

Yeah. Khedira looks promising, but he lacks the much needed experience in my opinion.
    Westermann should play alongside Mertesacker in central defence(Wester. is MUCH better than Friedrich)
    i guess thats just what im worried about with khedira. lots of talent but then again so was gomez in 08 and he was total bust for national team. different position i know but as much i want to see the younger players get their experience, id rather not be in a position where we rely too much on someone with limited testing. even with my reservations about ballack, he is the captain and hes been with team a while.

this is from my limited perspective. i didnt get the chance to see too many qualifiers. they always came on during class

In Malta, I start sleeping with the fan directly on me all night long(lol) from April...so I'm not really adequate for heat either.
    When I went to Rome in June 2008(I think it was 2008, not sure if 2007) I ROFLCOPTERED at rainy weather in June. Certainly extremely different, considering that there is only a 1:30 - 2:30 hour flight between Malta and Rome...
    yea it gets hot where i am too, i just never got used to it.

Comes Limitis

Gomez always played below par for the national team, Khedira already had many decent performances.

I think the biggest question is how would Schweinsteiger pick this situation up needing to be the leader on midfield. Hes not inexperienced anymore(73 caps), and at a press conference the other day he looked sharp and confident, saying he doesn't walk away from this challenge.

On the other hand Van Bommel does it at Bayern, so it will really be a test-case. He got the attitude though.

cool. yea sometimes i only have the post-game stats to go on so its good to know khedira has a few good caps

Gomez always played below par for the national team, Khedira already had many decent performances.

I think the biggest question is how would Schweinsteiger pick this situation up needing to be the leader on midfield. Hes not inexperienced anymore(73 caps), and at a press conference the other day he looked sharp and confident, saying he doesn't walk away from this challenge.

On the other hand Van Bommel does it at Bayern, so it will really be a test-case. He got the attitude though.
    That's very impressive. 73 caps while only being 25 years old.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Yeah Schweini's rock solid.
    But usually he's more offensive in Bayern, than he will be tasked with in S.Africa.

Like Thorn said, Van Bommel usually handles the defensive role

Comes Limitis

Yeah Schweini's rock solid.
    But usually he's more offensive in Bayern, than he will be tasked with in S.Africa.

Like Thorn said, Van Bommel usually handles the defensive role
    I meant to say Van Bommel handles the leading role, setting pace, making smart fouls, and shake up the team when needed.

Thats what Ballack also did at the national team, and Schweini needs to be that player now.

I meant to say Van Bommel handles the leading role, setting pace, making smart fouls, and shake up the team when needed.

Thats what Ballack also did at the national team, and Schweini needs to be that player now.
    Yeah but Van Bommel also is like, the Defensive Mifielder while Schweini is a more offensive central midfielder.
    But if I was Jogi I would trust Schweini because he is a versatile and intelligent player

well my mind may be focused on the world cup but i say lets discuss transfer rumors. my favorite part of the year in football manager

well my mind may be focused on the world cup but i say lets discuss transfer rumors. my favorite part of the year in football manager
    Agreed
    I'd say : Oezil -> Man City
    Ballack -> Any Bundesliga team
    Hitzelsperger - > Borussia Dort.(I dunno why)
    Boetang -> Man City(already confirmed no?)

Dunno, can't come up with more transfers

i heard Gekas is moving to frankfurt that should be interesting although i think frankfurt already has an arsenal of decent strikers

i heard Gekas is moving to frankfurt that should be interesting although i think frankfurt already has an arsenal of decent strikers
    Yeah, Frankfurt have DECENT front-men...not great ones. Altintop was awsome though

Probably alot of Hertha players will be moving I think.
    They do have some fantastic players(like Rafael or whatever his surname is)

Also, Bobadilla from M'Gladbach may be a target for some clubs