Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: 1. Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga Discussion Thread

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Default Re: 1. Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post
    Definetly agree. My point is the German league is no better than any other leagues. Every competitive team (not sure about Barca tbh) have a lot of foreigners in their starting eleven. Most non-competitive teams have a few foreigners in their team, but most of the players are natives. This is true for Germany and it is true for England and so on.
    Indeed, but Barca have ALOT of Spaniards. Actually I think their first team is fully-Spanish.
    But I understand your point completely, although you have to admit that Germany and Spain have alot less foreigners than Italy(who don't invest enough in youth)
    England, well you have some clubs with almost a fully English squad and an all-star foreign squad(Man City, Arsenal etc)
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by pchalk View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ty/8672609.stm
    anybody see this. Boateng may move to man city
    I just hope that move doesn't destroy his career like with his brother "Germany's biggest talent" Kevin Prince Boateng, who left at 20 for 11 million to Tottenham and making 3 millions a year, but never succeeded in growing as a player or personality. He got spoiled to early.

But I guess Jerome learned to not make the same mistakes as his older brother. Its like that in allot of family's, including mine where my little sister does abitur and will go to a conservatorium. I made sure she doesnt make the mistakes I did as a youngster growing up.

Also he will meet former team-mates Kompany and De Jong again to guide him abroad. Both true professionals.

lol Brazilians are just everywhere

http://de.fifa.com/worldfootball/pho...t.html#1208370

saw this too. Bernd Schneider's farewell game. kinda wierd idk y i thought he was already retired.
    Funny you mention Bernd "Schnicks" Schneider "Der Weisse Brasillianer".

Great player.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post
    Definetly agree. My point is the German league is no better than any other leagues. Every competitive team (not sure about Barca tbh) have a lot of foreigners in their starting eleven. Most non-competitive teams have a few foreigners in their team, but most of the players are natives. This is true for Germany and it is true for England and so on.
    I think the German league has a more broad quality than other leagues, where everybody can beat everybody, like Kaiserslautern becoming German champion after coming from the 2ndBL in the same year, but relatively sucks at the top competing internationally(though not the last 2 years when looking at the results).

Also we do have allot of foreigners especially Brazilian defenders. There is this notion in Brazil the BL is the best league for young Brazilian defenders to learn their skill and allot made it big time coming here as young players like Jorginho, Dunga, Ze Roberto, Ze Elias, Emerson, Lucio, Baiano, Dede or Naldo. The same notion is present about Holland, but for offensive players where they can get used to European football, but with a bit less pace, more space, and more value for technical abillitys and brought forward Ronaldo and Romario.

Though I also believe its a bit more extreme in the PL what foreigners is concerned. I like their rule on foreign players needing to be national-players though.
    Last edited by Thorn777; May 12, 2010 at 04:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

As a Berliner, I am looking forward for the Derbys between Union Berlin and Hertha BSC. Should mean 1. of May thrice a year ;D
    Where is the Molotov cocktail throwing smiley?

Quote Originally Posted by Mightypeon View Post
    As a Berliner, I am looking forward for the Derbys between Union Berlin and Hertha BSC. Should mean 1. of May thrice a year ;D
    Where is the Molotov cocktail throwing smiley?
    Lol Hertha Ultras had some trouble with the police in a match against Hannover(?, I don't know if it was actually Hannover, but I remember reading it in a magazine) because of their terrible losing streak this season. Police stormed the stands to keep "peace" between the fans
    I can't imagine what would happen in a derby

Union is from former East Germany, an has a rather peculiar history. Once upon a time, there was one of the few rock concerts in the DDR. After it, the police arrived and started to harras/beat up etc. the crowd. Coincidently, a large group of Union Berlin fans happened to be nearby. They looked at the rock fans, looked at the police, came to a nanosecond decision and attacked the police.

Lol, now I'm hyped to see the derby matches xP
    Unfortunately my Maltese Sports TV provider only broadcasts three 1.Bundesliga matches =/

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

yea im even more unfortunate relying solely in the internet for my bundesliga broadcasts. sometimes u get lucky but having internet doesnt help. at least i can still usually find major games. weekly div 1 stuff

Germany 3 - 0 Malta

TBH, this was one of the best performances by Malta in recent times!
    I mean, the only fault is that defence sucks(well...German attack is great so...they kinda don't cancel each other) and players get tired quickly.
    But why the heck was the German team wearing it's away kit? I found it slightly annoying that they were at home playing in an away kit.
    The crowd was awsome though. My dad was like : "Holy **** there are alot of spectators!"...you know, for a match including Malta there WAS a huge turn-up at the Tivoli

i only got to see the last min cuz i forgot it was on today but i actually like the away kits. i hadnt seen the up to date ones yet

Comes Limitis

Nürnberg won the first relegation match against Augsburg 1-0.
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

I hope Nürnberg stays up. Tommy Svindal Larsen, ya know

I think he's retired now, actually...
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Indeed, but I'd like to see Augsburg's potential in the Bundesliga.
    Mainz and Hoffenheim were excellent, taking note of the fact they were not usually in the 1.Bundesliga

IN OTHER NEWS :

Football party: Arranged in Dubai, honoured tomorrow

Bayern Munich head coach Louis van Gaal and manager Christian Nerlinger sat together with Werder coach Thomas Schaaf and manager Klaus Allofs in a small television studio in Dubai quite some time ago and talked about the season and the German Cup final. "Back then we promised each other that we would meet up in Berlin. And I am very happy that Werder is our opponent. That will be a great game," said the Dutch coach van Gaal, happy about his first German Cup final in Berlin. "My assistant coach Hermann Gerland told me about the unbelievable atmosphere. I have won the cup in Holland and Spain, but this competition has a higher standing in Germany," added van Gaal.

Werder are also very much looking forward to the title. "If arranging things in Dubai always works out then we will meet up every year," said Thomas Schaaf. The coach believes his team is ready for a strong final. "The team has been playing really well lately and we want to continue that. We have everybody on board. Everyone is fit and we have to make tough choices regarding personnel," said the coach. Schaaf is convinced that his team will play attractive football regardless of who is in the line-up - which is also a dig at Bayern. "It's nice that we have received some competition regarding attractive football. That is good for the whole league," added Schaaf.
    FORZA SVW!!!!! Let's get 2 DFB Pokals in a row!!!!
    Last edited by SonOfOdin; May 15, 2010 at 03:46 AM.

i cant believe i thought the cup final was tomorrow. anyway for those who dont know Bayern beat Werder 4-0 .

sorry SonOfOdin

Comes Limitis

Werder got pwnd.

Also alarming news from the FA cup finals! Kevin Prince Boateng that heavily injured Ballack with a blatant aggressive tackle towards his ankles. Ballack had to quit the game. After the game he gave an interview smiling and being calm, saying nothing is broken, but tomorrow they will make a "kern-spinn-tomography" to see what is.

I just hope he doesn't miss the WC because of that immature KPB who really did that on purpose, and also missed a penalty btw. ing looser.

ouch, opinion of him just went down the drain right here

i cant believe i thought the cup final was tomorrow. anyway for those who dont know Bayern beat Werder 4-0 .

sorry SonOfOdin
    I was REALLY disappointed. I was NOT expecting a 4-0. 4-2 or 4-3 maybe, but not 4-0
    Let's hope they do the same to Inter...

Also alarming news from the FA cup finals! Kevin Prince Boateng that heavily injured Ballack with a blatant aggressive tackle towards his ankles. Ballack had to quit the game. After the game he gave an interview smiling and being calm, saying nothing is broken, but tomorrow they will make a "kern-spinn-tomography" to see what is.

I just hope he doesn't miss the WC because of that immature KPB who really did that on purpose, and also missed a penalty btw. ing looser.
    Well, let's hope Loew choses wisely if Ballack is out.
    Frings maybe...
    But I can't imagine Germany's squad without Ballack. He's got more authority than Joachim

Comes Limitis

Nürnberg stays in the 1st BL. Won 0-2, Yay. Coupo-Moteng could be the next Nwanko Kanu.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...10/8684774.stm

well its official. i hope jogi gets someone decent for the captains seat

Comes Limitis

Thats ed up. What a bloody shame. I think Lahm will be the new captain. Also time for Schweinsteiger to take charge on midfield. He has it in em. Khedira will most likely fill in Ballack's spot. Decent player, but has his off-days. Hope he hasnt one of them at the WC.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn777 View Post
    Thats ed up. What a bloody shame. I think Lahm will be the new captain. Also time for Schweinsteiger to take charge on midfield. He has it in em. Khedira will most likely fill in Ballack's spot. Decent player, but has his off-days. Hope he hasnt one of them at the WC.
    To hell with Khedira!!!! WE WANT FRINGS!!!(Or at least I do...)
    Why Boetang you b*stard??????? Why??????
    Germany without Ballack is like a Pizza without cheese...

And this means that Friedrich is the only player over the age of 30. All are fresh meat in the football pitch(regardless of their talent)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...10/8684774.stm

well its official. i hope jogi gets someone decent for the captains seat
    Joachim only wants to impress the youngsters by showing his authority.
    If he was a good coach, he would have picked Kuranyi over Lazy Podolski and Frings over Rolfes

Aaaaand I found this on Goal.com
    Goal.com analyses the credentials of some of the contenders for a starting berth in South Africa.

Sami KHEDIRA
    Age 23
    Club VfB Stuttgart
    Caps 2
    Castrol Ranking 241

At the moment, the critics' choice to replace Ballack is the 23-year-old from VfB Stuttgart. Khedira is a player of rare pedigree and excelled for Germany at under-age levels. He has found the transition to the senior team to be a difficult hurdle to overcome with the likes of Torsten Frings, Ballack and Simon Rolfes blocking his route. However, this difficulty could provide Khedira's opportunity. He is a good user of the ball who is not afraid to leave his foot in. Captained the under-21s to the European Championship last summer.

Toni KROOS
    Age 20
    Club Bayer Leverkusen (loan - returns to Bayern Munich July 2010)
    Caps 2
    Castrol Ranking 46

The Bayern Munich hot prospect is not a natural in the defensive midfield position but could be employed as a deep-lying playmaker alongside Bastian Schweinsteiger. That midfield combination would leave the Germans without a midfielder with a natural tendency to defend. However, were Germany to be in possession for large periods, they could rely on them to keep the ball and make things happen. With Kroos in the line-up, Germany would certainly move the ball quicker from back to front.

Christian TRAESCH
    Age 22
    Club VfB Stuttgart
    Caps 2
    Castrol Ranking 196

The emerging talent also plies his trade at VfB, a club of which Loew is a big admirer. His adaptability provided Christian Gross with options all across the back four and into midfield last season and he featured for the nationalelf in the last warm-up match; the charity fixture against Malta. The 22-year-old is still severely untested at international level though and is unlikely to be anything other than back-up in South Africa.

Heiko WESTERMANN
    Age 26
    Club Schalke 04
    Caps 18
    Castrol Ranking 190

The versatile Westermann is a defender by trade but is no stranger to the defensive midfield position. The former Arminia player has enjoyed a strong season with Schalke 04 and is a contender to start in defence for the Germans. However, Loew may opt for the 26-year-old in midfield instead, where he would provide physicality, if not the passing ability and influence of the deposed skipper.

Torsten FRINGS
    Age 33
    Club Werder Bremen
    Caps 79
    Castrol Ranking 368

There is a growing call for Frings to be restored to a squad that now lacks personality and leadership. After falling out with Joachim Loew, the Werder captain's international career looks to be all but over. However, the relationship between Loew and Kevin Kuranyi thawed out long enough even for them to have a chat. Frings' differences with the coach appear to run deeper though and there would be a lot of work to be done in order for the dominant midfielder to be recalled. However unlikely, the restoration of Frings could relegate the Ballack absence to a mere footnote, such is his ability and experience.
    Who wants to read the full article head to : http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/wor...ck-in-germanys
    Last edited by SonOfOdin; May 17, 2010 at 12:03 PM.