Thread: 1. Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga Discussion Thread

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Default Re: 1. Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga Discussion Thread

True true
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post
    He has one of the best defenses in the world ahead of him.
    I don't find ManU's defense that great. They got real good these last years, but for a long time it was meh. At Ajax winning the CL he had more of an attacking defense. They where not bad but their strength was on the attack.

Anyway hes undoubtedly the best allround keeper these last 15 years, also revolutionizing the role of the keeper as the 12th man, and I say that calling Oliver Khan Der Titan anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    Lol I get it

It's a pun.
    The Saar region is part of Germany. So Van der Sar is Dutch, but Van der Saar(an imaginary keeper lol) is German
    lol actually i was legit talkin about van der sar. i guess i just misspelled. sort of makes the whole thing more funny actually .

@Ishoss - im no fan of man u. i actually have more of an affinity for Liverpool cuz a buddy of mine likes them. i dont follow the english league so idk how van der sar is now but it wasnt all that long ago that even my liverpool buddy saw him as one of the best keepers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by pchalk View Post
    lol actually i was legit talkin about van der sar. i guess i just misspelled. sort of makes the whole thing more funny actually .
    LOOOOOOOOOOL I thought it was an intended joke/pun
    You know, Saar, Keeper, Germany...
    Lol @ the human brain

Anyway hes undoubtedly the best allround keeper these last 15 years, also revolutionizing the role of the keeper as the 12th man, and I say that calling Oliver Khan Der Titan anyway.
    Agreed, Kahn was THE best keeper out there.
    After him I vote Schmeichel and Buffon

----------------------------------------
    Watching live Loew conference. Call ups :

12:14 CEST Sturm: Podolski, Klose, Kießling, Müller, Cacau und Gomez!

12:14 CEST Mittelfeld: Ballack, Trochowski, Marin, Khedira, Schweinsteiger, Träsch, Özil, Kroos,

12:13 CEST Abwehr: Lahm, Westermann, Mertesacker, Friedrich, Beck, Tasci, Badstuber, Aogo!

12:12 CEST Im Tor stehen: Tim Wiese, Manuel Neuer, Hans-Jörg Butt!
    NO FRINGS
    But hey, there are alot of Werder players and MARIN has been called!!! I never doubted Özil, Wiese and Mertesacker's appearances though

NOTE : These are players called up for the game against Malta, there are 5 other perspective players and the line-up is subject to change until the team leaves for S.Africa
    Last edited by SonOfOdin; May 06, 2010 at 05:21 AM.

Comes Limitis

^I meant Van der Sar as the greatest.

btw. weird that looser Friedrich was still called. I also believe Rost should be third keeper. He deserves it like no one else and I wouldn't know why he shouldn't, he has a constant record. Butt on the other hand has his off-days now and then. Also Cacau??? I dont get it....I guess filling up the Neuville part.

Otherwise I'm satisfied seeing what we already knew about Frings, Kuranyi etc. Good team still. Good players on all positions. Hope my favorites like Marin impress Löw on the training days this time.

Auf gehts!
    Last edited by Thorn777; May 06, 2010 at 11:42 AM.
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn777 View Post
    ^I meant Van der Sar as the greatest.

btw. weird that looser Friedrich was still called. I also believe Rost should be third keeper. He deserves it like no one else and I wouldn't know why he shouldn't, he has a constant record. Butt on the other hand has his off-days now and then. Also Cacau??? I dont get it....I guess filling up the Neuville part.

Otherwise I'm satisfied seeing what we already knew about Frings, Kuranyi etc. Good team still. Good players on all positions. Hope my favorites like Marin impress Löw on the training days this time.

Auf gehts!
    Yeah I knew Frings and Joachim would never come to terms. A shame though...

At least the team is young and spirited.
    Germany IS one of the favorites this year

About Cacau...I don't mind him since he has been decent at Stuttgart. But Kuranyi would have been SOOO much better since he is one of the Bundesliga's top scorers(only behind Kiessling and Dzeko I believe)
    And Rost > Butt anyday, anytime. Although I'm still unsure who will be the number 1 keeper...Wiese or Neuer? In my opinion : Wiese > Neuer anyday, anytime
    Seriously, Neuer gets nervous even in league games. I don't know how he'll handle the grandest stage of them all...

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    LOOOOOOOOOOL I thought it was an intended joke/pun
    You know, Saar, Keeper, Germany...
    Lol @ the human brain
    o i get it there just was no pun intended

http://www.dfb.de/index.php?id=128
    ^new roster

lol srry about frings, but im glad to see some of his defensive selections. when i checked the site a couple days ago the team seemed pretty spread thin back there. and im eager to see how Thomas Müller and Marko Marin will do. I honestly wouldv picked Rost over Butt but Butt has been pretty good this year.
    Last edited by pchalk; May 06, 2010 at 02:42 PM.

o i get it there just was no pun intended

http://www.dfb.de/index.php?id=128
    ^new roster

lol srry about frings, but im glad to see some of his defensive selections. when i checked the site a couple days ago the team seemed pretty spread thin back there. and im eager to see how Thomas Müller and Marko Marin will do. I honestly wouldv picked Rost over Butt but Butt has been pretty good this year.
    Yeah maybe Khedira will do good...but at least Hitzelsperger wasn't selected.
    Müller has been quite good at Bayern. Ok, he isn't a ball winner...more of an opportunist, but at least he doesn't waste chances. Marin has shone in Werder. His dribbling skills have earned him more penalties than any other Bundesliga player. Let's hope he does the same in S.Africa

Agreed on Rost-Butt

idk know too much about hitzelsberger nowadays cuz he isnt in the bundesliga anymore (Lazio I think). i just remember when he did good, it was usually some crazy long shot out of no where. a nice sight to see but this wasnt usually a common thing, just once in a while. other than that he sort of seemed just like filler space for germany

idk know too much about hitzelsberger nowadays cuz he isnt in the bundesliga anymore (Lazio I think). i just remember when he did good, it was usually some crazy long shot out of no where. a nice sight to see but this wasnt usually a common thing, just once in a while. other than that he sort of seemed just like filler space for germany
    Yeah but Frings was MUCH better at long shots
    Remember Germany vs Costa Rica 2006? Best long-shot goal eeevvveeerrrrr
    Besides he did a couple of similiar goals with Bremen, and he's overall a much better defensive midfielder than anything Loew could try to replace him with(maybe Ballack is on par...maybe...but Ballack is much better at offence and Frings at defence)

Hitzelsperger is a substitute for Lazio now, at the bottom of the Italian table(though not relegation)
    Last edited by SonOfOdin; May 07, 2010 at 02:13 AM.

on Ballack: hes skilled for sure but he has a show-boating quality that has only seemed to get worse as he left Bayern. There have been many times where a cross or pass from him may have resulted in a successful play but he continuously ignores other players and tries to dribble through 4 defenders usually unsuccessfully. im not do big a fan of him at the moment.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Just watched Wolfsburg-Frankfurt game

may have been pretty one sided but there were a good number of those plays that ended in "how did that not end in a goal." lots of close calls. and of course that Wolfsburg offense was pretty dominant
    Last edited by pchalk; May 08, 2010 at 10:33 AM.

FINAL MATCHDAY!!!

Werder Bremen 1 - 1 Hamburg : Werder get 3rd CL place.
    Hertha Berlin 1 - 3 Bayern Mun. : Bayern win Bundesliga, nice celebrations with lots of Bavarian Weiss bier and nice German babes and Van Gaal looking extremely delighted...and wet from Van Buyten, Schweinsteiger and 3 more Bayern player's beers...it was a nice celebration at least
    Bochum 0 - 3 Hannover : Bochum relegated, Hannover ONLY JUST survived
    Freiburg 3 - 1 Borussia Dortmund : LOL, Dortmund still get Europa League spot I suppose
    Hoffenheim 1 - 1 Stuttgart : Stuttgart get Europa League spot
    Mainz 0 - 0 Schalke - No changes, Schalke still in CL(after staying in 2 spot) and Mainz in mid-table
    M'Gladbach 1 - 1 Leverkusen : Lev. don't manage to get a CL spot
    Nurenburg 1 - 0 Cologne : Nurenburg in Relegation playoff against Augsburg
    Wolfsburg 3 - 1 Eint. Frankfurt : No changes at all regarding table positions and all that

Highly spectacular league this season. Congrats to Bayern...and please...BEAT INTER!!! but leave the DFB-Pokal to Werder
    Last edited by SonOfOdin; May 08, 2010 at 11:58 AM.

next saturday is DFB-pokal final. cant wait!

Ouch, feel sorry for Leverkusen.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

next saturday is DFB-pokal final. cant wait!
    LOS LOS WERDER!!!!!
    Again...but please Bayern...humiliate Inter

Comes Limitis

I'm glad for Hannover staying, after that allround tragic suicide of Robert Enke.

Also hope Nürnberg stays. They've bought quite a few class players and could look good next year.

And lol at Bayern celebrating in the Berlin Olympic stadium of all places. Schade Hertha.

I'm glad for Hannover staying, after that allround tragic suicide of Robert Enke.

Also hope Nürnberg stays. They've bought quite a few class players and could look good next year.

And lol at Bayern celebrating in the Berlin Olympic stadium of all places. Schade Hertha.
    for Enke

And lol at Bayern celebrating in the Berlin Olympic stadium of all places. Schade Hertha.:(
    Yeah
    Quite ironic isn't it?
    But it IS a stadium worthy of cup winners. It's feel(even from TV) is majestic. Bayern and Bremen will return next week for the Pokal...but for a whole season(or even more) we'll not see it used in the Bundesliga unfortunately...

for Enke
    for Germany's former #1 keeper
    Apart from that, Hannover have some good players. They do deserve to stay in the Bundesliga. Bochum...they were just unlucky, ok not as much as Hertha, but they were quite unlucky

Comes Limitis

Kurany officially moves to Dynamo Moscow. Bad move looking at it from a sportive point of view, but the guy will earn 6 million a year in Russia with its flat-tax.

What? Dynamo Moscow?

Why not just join some stupid Arabian club and earn even more? Or Bunyodkor Toshkent or whatever they're called?
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.