Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: 1. Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Comes Limitis

Default Re: 1. Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Nice. There is rumors Klose will return to his hometown "K-town", and the last time Kaiserslautern promoted they immediately became German champion under the great Otto Rehagel btw, who got the EC title with Greece.

St Pauli is always a treat and Jos Luhukay proved to be a great coach getting Augsburg in the playoffs with beautiful football.

Looking forward to these three.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Hmmm...despite his great talent, he's not been getting such good playing times in Bayern. And because of his age, no real top-class team would want to invest in a 31 year old. I would quite like him again at Bremen though Hugo Almeida is not THAT good and Hunt is still too unexperienced.

Yeah it seems as if St.Pauli has a major fan base, but then again which German team doesn't have a large fan base?

Next season will be thrilling. A shame to see the Olimpiastadion not in the Bundesliga though...there aren't too much countries with the Capital city excluded from the top league of the country. And Bochum + Nürnberg deserve to stay in the Bundesliga =/
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    Hmmm...despite his great talent, he's not been getting such good playing times in Bayern. And because of his age, no real top-class team would want to invest in a 31 year old. I would quite like him again at Bremen though Hugo Almeida is not THAT good and Hunt is still too unexperienced.
    Yeah, same counts for Gomez. They both scored their goals when playing, but with Ribery and Robben on the flanks dragging the ball to the inside more often instead of making crosses, the allrounder Olic was just the better pick in this 4-4-3.

Though Almeida isn't to bad. He did his job well enough as a pinch-hitter, also considering he was free coming together with Diego in that deal back then.

He certainly has earned allot of respect among the Bremen fans.
    Yeah it seems as if St.Pauli has a major fan base, but then again which German team doesn't have a large fan base?
    All people of the alternative scene that love football love St Pauli. Great little anarchist club, always playing honest football and giving it all in that small, full of marijuana in the air and incredibly loud stadium.
    Next season will be thrilling. A shame to see the Olimpiastadion not in the Bundesliga though...there aren't too much countries with the Capital city excluded from the top league of the country. And Bochum + Nürnberg deserve to stay in the Bundesliga =/
    Yeah its the only European capital without one, but we'll be back, we relegated 5 times already in the past and came back. Luckily we still have an A+ Basketball team and an A+ Ice-hockey team.

btw some fresh news.

Kuranyi has gotten the shoe now officially. He wont go to the worldcup.

And Steve McLaren who just got Dutch champion with Twente, will be next years Wolfsburg coach.
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Yeah I read about Kuranyi
    What a shame, he should be there instead of Podolski

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

Yeah I read about Kuranyi
    What a shame, he should be there instead of Podolski
    i havnt kept up with kuranyi but i have good faith in Poldi. in the last euro he scored quite well despite having his dry spell with bayern. player performance in the league doesnt always reflect national performance anyway. besides he and klose have been pretty consistently scoring goals in the games between 08 and now. i dont think strikers will be too big a problem given that Löw plays the right people and doesn't just put Gomez in. of course who knows he might even show some talent this time around.

IT'S OFFICIAL!!
    I saw it on the Bundesliga.de website.

Rene Adler will NOT be taking part in the 2010 FIFA World Cup due to his recent rib injury.
    My guess is that either Wiese or Neuer will take his place. Rost and Weidenfeller are good candidates aswell

Rolfes will miss the World Cup aswell because he is NOT fit, and will not be fit until the World Cup
    Probably Hitzelsperger will replace him but ICH WILL FRINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Petition for dear Loew :
    FRINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FRINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! FRINGS!!!!!!!!!!! FRINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

source : bundesliga.de(not the frings part lol)

Isn't Kuranyi a free agent this summer?

How has Leverkusen been doing since the winter break? Has Sami Hyypiä kept his form? We should have kept that legend.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post

How has Leverkusen been doing since the winter break? Has Sami Hyypiä kept his form? We should have kept that legend.
    Probably not. I guess Schalke would want to re-sign him since he was the club's top scorer.

Leverkusen were leading the Bundesliga for a short period of time. Then after a disastrous 2 months Bayern, Schalke and Werder Bremen passed them and are now 4th place with 2 points behind Bremen and with the same points as Dortmund(passing them by goal average)

Leverkusen's 1st keeper Adler was injured for about 2-3 games with a rib injury, and will miss the World Cup(even though he was Loew's first keeper)

Comes Limitis

Sorta. He did great the first competition-half but the entire team slugged along later.

Anyway yes Frings over Hitzelsperger any day. Whats up with Löw and nominating players out of shape?

Also Kurany said hes going and has offers from Juventus, Dynamo Moscow and a couple of English clubs, but in football that means nothing, and he might stay after all. To often thats just strategy to get a higher salary.

IT'S OFFICIAL!!
    I saw it on the Bundesliga.de website.

Rene Adler will NOT be taking part in the 2010 FIFA World Cup due to his recent rib injury.
    My guess is that either Wiese or Neuer will take his place. Rost and Weidenfeller are good candidates aswell

Rolfes will miss the World Cup aswell because he is NOT fit, and will not be fit until the World Cup
    Probably Hitzelsperger will replace him but ICH WILL FRINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Petition for dear Loew :
    FRINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FRINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! FRINGS!!!!!!!!!!! FRINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

source : bundesliga.de(not the frings part lol)
    i figured as much about adler. sukcs for him

and i can see someone likes frings . idk y löw wouldnt pick him. at the very least he brings some experience to what looks like a midfield with a lot of youngsters

o and i just found this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...10/8659560.stm

"Coach Joachim Loew will announce a preliminary 30-man squad on Thursday"

cant wait
    Last edited by pchalk; May 04, 2010 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pchalk View Post
    i figured as much about adler. sukcs for him

and i can see someone likes frings . idk y löw wouldnt pick him. at the very least he brings some experience to what looks like a midfield with a lot of youngsters

o and i just found this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...10/8659560.stm

"Coach Joachim Loew will announce a preliminary 30-man squad on Thursday"

cant wait
    Yeah, but Adler is still young and will probably play in the next WC(2014 I think no?) and maybe even the one after.

I love Frings I support Werder Bremen, so it's only natural.
    From what I understood : Frings doesn't want to apologize(for something), Löw doesn't want to look weak in front of his young players and give ground, so they can't come to terms. Löw personally went after a match to talk with Torsten and after 10 minutes, Frings stormed out of the room looking really pissed off and so...that was the end of their meeting

I am too anxious to hear the squad. But remember, Bayern and Werder players will probably be unavailable due to Champions League and DFB-Pokal duties. Same thing happened to Roma players in Italy like De Rossi and Perrotta(dunno about Totti though) because of Coppa Italia

i see, i never knew that löw and frings weren't getting along. hopefully they can fix that.

lucky for the german team about the goalies tho is that we have many decent ones to chose from. id honestly be satisfied with any of the choices ive heard

Comes Limitis

Yeah Germany never had worries about goalies. I think every single BL keeper out there would look good in comparison to what we get to see from all these exotic teams on the WC.

lol, at the WC, the keepers are always a special treat.

Yup. Neuer, Wiese, Weidenfeller, Rost, Flomlowitz(or how the heck it is spelled)...all good/decent keepers compared to other countries.
    Only Spain and Italy have better/on the same level keepers. And Italy only have Buffon as a good keeper, the rest suck.

van der saar?

van der saar?
    Overrated.
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

van der saar?
    Lol I get it

Overrated
    It's a pun.
    The Saar region is part of Germany. So Van der Sar is Dutch, but Van der Saar(an imaginary keeper lol) is German

Lol I get it

It's a pun.
    The Saar region is part of Germany. So Van der Sar is Dutch, but Van der Saar(an imaginary keeper lol) is German
    Ah, lol I should've picked that up. Saarbrucken and all that.

Bill Shankly

Ah, lol I should've picked that up. Saarbrucken and all that.
    Lol yeah I got it because I remembered history class.
    But anyways, Van der Sar is a good keeper in my opinion, he's very experienced and played with alot of different teams. At least his performances and fitness have been tremendous despite his age

He has one of the best defenses in the world ahead of him.

Bill Shankly