Page 1 of 58 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: 1. Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga Discussion Thread

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Default 1. Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Well, I know only 2 matches remain in the season. But I'm so ****** off at the fact that German football doesn't get the respect it should get.

So, everyone who watches or likes the Bundesliga, post here!
    I'm sure there are Germans who play Total War...

28/4/2010 - Table 'till now. First number is Played Games, Second is Points

PLD PTS
    1 FC Bayern 32 64
    2 Schalke 04 32 64
    3 Werder 32 57
    4 Bayer 04 32 57
    5 Dortmund 32 56
    6 Stuttgart 32 53
    7 HSV 32 48
    8 Wolfsburg 32 46
    9 Eintracht 32 46
    10 Mainz 05 32 45
    11 Hoffenheim 32 38
    12 M'gladbach 32 38
    13 1. FC Köln 32 37
    14 Freiburg 32 31
    15 Nürnberg 32 28
    16 Bochum 32 28
    17 Hannover 32 27
    18 Hertha BSC 32 23

2. Bundesliga

PLD PTS
    1 1. FCK 32 65
    2 St. Pauli 32 61
    3 Augsburg 32 58
    4 Düsseldorf 32 53
    5 Arminia * 32 50
    6 Duisburg 32 49
    7 Paderborn 32 45
    8 TSV 1860 32 45
    9 Gr. Fürth 32 43
    10 FC Energie 32 43
    11 Karlsruhe 32 42
    12 Aachen 32 42
    13 Union 32 41
    14 Oberhausen 32 41
    15 Frankfurt 32 36
    16 Rostock 32 35
    17 Koblenz 32 29
    18 RW Ahlen 32 21
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Comes Limitis

Default Re: 1. Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga Discussion Thread

18 Hertha BSC 32 23

Good you added the 2nd Bundesliga("the best 2nd devision in the world").

But its a good thread idea IMO, lets keep it around, and refresh at times so it doesn't disappear on whatever page next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Yeah Hertha have had a very unlucky season

Their last game against Schalke was expecially unlucky. They deserved a draw at least.

Since we're talking about German football...anyone think that Frings and Kuranyi might JUST be chosen for South Africa?
    The squad is full of youngsters, some experience is needed in the fray aswell. Ok; Ballack, Friedrich, Lahm, Mertesacker, Klose and Podolski have quite some experience but Frings would be decisive alongside Ballack in the Defensive Midfielder role

This would be my ideal German National team :

Wiese(GK), Lahm(RB), Mertesacker(CB), Friedrich(CB), Boetang(LB), Ballack(CDM), Frings(CDM), Marin(LM), Schweinsteiger(RM), Ozil(CAM), Klose(ST)

Atatürk's Avatar Türküm. Doğruyum...

I recently learned how to pronounce Borussia Mönchengladbach.

Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    Yeah Hertha have had a very unlucky season
    Not unlucky, just plain catastrophic allround and everyone close to the club could see that coming.

We changed the philosophy not to long ago. We used to be a club putting allot of effort in the youth and just had a couple of high quality foreign players. That worked out well playing UEFA-cup every year and lots of young players made it into the first squad(KP Boateng now Portsmouth, J Boateng - Ben Hatira now HSV, Madlung -Dejaga now Wolfsburg, Fatih now Spartak Moscow and so on)and our foreign stars(Pantelic, Simunic, Van Burik, Dardai and Marcelinho) where loved by the fans and played their important roles in the team.

But since we are ruled by a bunch of s, having more ego than football knowledge thinking the capitols team should be German champion now and right now, they completely destroyed a well oiled team with lots of potential.

The management hired this Swiss coach having a good seaon with Basel in the CL and having a rep in the scene. This guy wanted his own entirely new team and sold all the youth players and club favorites Pantelic, Marcelinho etc, but instead got himself an odd 20 new mediocre unknown players from across the world.

That guy got fired, and now where left with his team, without any coherence, without quality nor club-identification. All we got now is a 40 million debt and a place in the 2nd Bundesliga next year.

They flew to high near to the sun, and this is what happens.
    Their last game against Schalke was expecially unlucky. They deserved a draw at least.
    True, but Schalke is lucky allot this season. We have a saying in Germany "they force their luck". Also it wouldn't have changed much seeing the gap between the 16th place for relegation.
    Since we're talking about German football...anyone think that Frings and Kuranyi might JUST be chosen for South Africa?
    Kuranyi yes, hes together with Kiessling the best striker ATM. He should be forgiven by Löw for making a stupid move years ago.

Personally I'd like Frings in the squad to, hes still good, but the problem is Frings and Ballack are best friends and the players highest in the hierarchy. In the past they both undermined Löw at several occasions, and Löw threw Frings out to part that powerful couple, also so Ballack has less of a voice.

Not good IMO, I think Löw is worn out and we should get a new trainer anyway, though I understand Löw decision somewhat seeing how he needs a team in line.
    The squad is full of youngsters, some experience is needed in the fray aswell. Ok; Ballack, Friedrich, Lahm, Mertesacker, Klose and Podolski have quite some experience but Frings would be decisive alongside Ballack in the Defensive Midfielder role
    Both Podolski and Friedrich dont belong in this team IMO. Both suck for quite some time now, if not years.
    This would be my ideal German National team :

Wiese(GK), Lahm(RB), Mertesacker(CB), Friedrich(CB), Boetang(LB), Ballack(CDM), Frings(CDM), Marin(LM), Schweinsteiger(RM), Ozil(CAM), Klose(ST)
    Mine:

Neuer/Rost/Adler/Wiese(GK), Lahm(RB), Mertesacker(CB), Boateng(CB), Aogo(LB), Ballack(CDM), Schweinsteiger(CDM) Marin(LM), Özil(RM), Kurany/Kiessling(ST)
    Last edited by Thorn777; April 29, 2010 at 02:57 PM.
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

I recently learned how to pronounce Borussia Mönchengladbach.
    Lol even though I'm learning German, I had alot of trouble to pronounce it as well. First it was "Mochengladbach", without an umlaut. Then it was "Munchengladbach", then just "Gladbach" because I got tired of the Mönchen part, then it was "M'Gladbach", I know it is an abbriviation, but I spoke it aswell, finally I got it right after I heard Commentators say it in Gladbach vs Eintracht, "Mönchengladbach"

Kuranyi yes, hes together with Kiessling the best striker ATM. He should be forgiven by Löw for making a stupid move years ago.

Personally I'd like Frings in the squad to, hes still good, but the problem is Frings and Ballack are best friends and the players highest in the hierarchy. In the past they both undermined Löw at several occasions, and Löw threw Frings out to part that powerful couple, also so Ballack has less of a voice.

Not good IMO, I think Löw is worn out and we should get a new trainer anyway, though I understand Löw decision somewhat seeing how he needs a team in line.
    That's just stupid. I really think Frings could help the team, and I'm not saying this because I support Werder Bremen.

Both Podolski and Friedrich dont belong in this team IMO. Both suck for quite some time now, if not years.
    True, Podolski missed from the 6-yard line in Werder vs Cologne last weekend. Not top-class performance if I may say so myself

Friedrich is simply aging a bit. Westermann has had a much better season

Mine:

Neuer/Rost/Adler/Wiese(GK), Lahm(RB), Mertesacker(CB), Boateng(CB), Aogo(LB), Ballack(CDM), Schweinsteiger(CDM) Marin(LM), Özil(RM), Kurany/Kiessling(ST)
    You have 10 players here
    Or do Kuranyi and Kiessling play together? As in, 2 strikers?

I'm not so sure about Neuer. His lack of consistency worries me.
    Conceded a VERY stupid goal against M'Gladbach when he rushed out needlessly.
    Occasionaly, he does put on a great performance but he's still got a lot of work to do if he wants to earn the #1 shirt in the German team. Adler and Wiese are milestones ahead of thim(From this season's performance at least)
    Last edited by SonOfOdin; April 29, 2010 at 03:18 PM.

Comes Limitis

Lol even though I'm learning German, I had alot of trouble to pronounce it as well. First it was "Mochengladbach", without an umlaut. Then it was "Munchengladbach", then just "Gladbach" because I got tired of the Mönchen part, then it was "M'Gladbach", I know it is an abbriviation, but I spoke it aswell, finally I got it right after I heard Commentators say it in Gladbach vs Eintracht, "Mönchengladbach"
    Just say Ö like the Scandinavians do all the time.

Translated it means Prussia Monks-Shallow-Creek btw.
    That's just stupid. I really think Frings could help the team, and I'm not saying this because I support Werder Bremen.
    Yeah what can you do. Its a personal feude and Frings isnt the type giving in so he can get a spot, so thats that then. Löw is still the boss and cant give in when he doesnt want loose face against the younger players etc.
    True, Podolski missed from the 6-yard line in Werder vs Cologne last weekend. Not top-class performance if I may say so myself
    Yeah he really lost it. He always did good for the national team eventhough sucking for his club, but his late form is just not enough.
    Friedrich is simply aging a bit. Westermann has had a much better season
    Never liked Friedrich much although being a Hertha player(also because of smearing his team-mates - he got recorded with hidden camera), but he always was very slow and mediocre allround. Though he is level headed and never panics, never does crazy things etc. But no...Westermann or Boateng over him any day.
    You have 10 players here
    Or do Kuranyi and Kiessling play together? As in, 2 strikers?
    Oops, yes thats what I meant. Pretty crowded center, but Germany always played best with two strikers. Could be Klose or/and Gomez as well.
    I'm not so sure about Neuer. His lack of consistency worries me.
    Conceded a VERY stupid goal against M'Gladbach when he rushed out needlessly.
    Occasionaly, he does put on a great performance but he's still got a lot of work to do if he wants to earn the #1 shirt in the German team.
    Adler and Wiese are milestones ahead of thim(From this season's performance at least)
    He has a bit of a bad period ATM, but so has Adler. Wiese is also a bit unpredictable and has some profound weaknesses, so thats why I'd like to see Rost there.

But of those three younger keepers Neuer is the best IMO. Alex Ferguson wants to buy him because Van der Sar retires next year. They all have periods with mistakes, thats always with young keepers, but the 1 1/2 years before he played without errors and has the most allround talent IMO.
    Last edited by Thorn777; April 29, 2010 at 05:19 PM.

Yeah and I'd also like to see how Löw adjusts according to the opposing teams

Example :

Against Ghana, he should really put up younger players for speed
    But against Australia, strong players are a must

----------------------------------------------
    In other news,

Hamburg have been eliminated from the Europa League after a 2-1 loss to Fulham in Craven Cottage
    ...Fischköpfen........

Comes Limitis

Yeah and I'd also like to see how Löw adjusts according to the opposing teams

Example :

Against Ghana, he should really put up younger players for speed
    But against Australia, strong players are a must

----------------------------------------------
    I think you should adapt your team somehwat to your opponent, but teams like Germany always need to play their own game.
    In other news,

Hamburg have been eliminated from the Europa League after a 2-1 loss to Fulham in Craven Cottage
    ...Fischköppe........ its northern Germany
    All looked good till the 70th minute. They could have scored the 2-0 many times...quite sad for them as the finals is in Hamburg, they lost in the semi's twice in a row now(last year against Werder), it was the only chance for European football next year, and they now cant pay next years salarys and the team will break apart.

I think next year is without Boateng(to Man-City), Aogo(to AC Milan)Ze Roberto(to Red Bull NY) and Guerrero(? but he has a to high salary).

Yeah, not to mention that they are Coach-less as the sacked Lebbadia or whatever his surname is
    Seeing HSV in 2. Bundesliga would be better than winning the lottery. Actually if I win the lottery, I'll make sure to put Bayern and HSV out of business

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

o awesome. i was wondering when id see this thread. i was gunna start one but i figured id wait till the next season. rep OP

Yeah, I hesitated a bit to open it aswell, but after I saw Italian/English/Spanish football lovers all placing their leagues before the Bundesliga, I got so ticked off that I finally decided to open a thread on the Bundesliga.

Besides, it is not commeted to this season only

well u wont get any complaints from me

Matchday 33(1/2 - May 2010)

Bayern Leverkusen vs Hertha Berlin

Bayern Munchen vs Bochum

Stuttgart vs Mainz

Hamburg vs Nürnberg

Köln vs Freiburg

Hannover 96 vs Borussia M'gladbach

Eintracht Frankfurt vs Hoffenheim

Dortmund vs Wolfsburg

Match of the Week(in my opinion) - Schalke 04 vs Werder Bremen

RESULTS :

Bayern Munich 3 - 1 Bochum - Bayern win Bundesliga
    Schalke 0 - 2 Werder Bremen - Werder hang on to 3rd place, Schalke losing dream of title chase
    Leverkusen 1 - 1 Hertha Berlin - Hertha surely relegated, Leverkusen still in for 3rd place, but it's very difficult...
    Dortumnd 1 - 1 Wolfsburg - Dortmund, same situation as Leverkusen
    Hannover 6 - 1 M'Gladbach - LOL
    Hamburg 4 - 0 Nurenburg
    Frankfurt 1 - 2 Hoffenheim
    Koeln 2 - 2 Freiburg
    Stuttgart 2 - 2 Mainz
    Last edited by SonOfOdin; May 01, 2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Results

ah i overslept. didnt see any of them. any good games? I see Müller had a hat-trick for Bayern. Looks like Hannover had a good game too . and seems like Hertha has a bit of fight left in them or did Leverkusen just kinda suck today?

I saw all of Schalke-Werder.
    Schalke were dominant in the first half, but neither team was really critical in the first half. Neither goalkeeper was tested.
    Then in the 60th minute, Ozil runs past all of Schalke's defence and scores a beauty...in front of the German National Coach Low

A bit later, a pass into the box past all defenders by Ozil and Almeida quickly sprints to finish off Neuer.
    Basically those were the only action points since most of the game was played in Midfield. Wiese only had 1 save to made from a free-kick and he held it well.

Bayern were dominant throughout, from the little I saw. Hat-trick for Muller and the Bundesliga firmly in their grasp due to Schalke's loss.

The Dortmund match, I only saw about 2 minutes of it but it was very balanced and was not that entertaining.

Even though the Schalke-Werder match was VERY action-lacking, it was so tense and entertaining, knowing the high stakes for both teams. Both needed a win. And the atmosphere of the Valentins arena was just amazing. Sold out 61,000 capacity crowd all chanting even though their team was loosing. Quite impressive I might say

Ohh and as I already said, Low and his goalkeeper coach were watching the Schalke-Werder match from the stadium. Maybe a hint of Kuranyi/Frings return to the team? Maybe scouting for Neuer or Wiese? Who knows?

Comes Limitis

Congrats Bayern. Though ugly new jersey...

Sad but it had to happen for Hertha, hope we learn from our past mistakes quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn777 View Post
    Congrats Bayern. Though ugly new jersey...

Sad but it had to happen for Hertha, hope we learn from our past mistakes quick.
    Yeah, I couldn't recognise Bayern players from Bochum players. The kit is too white-based in my opinion.

I saw all of Schalke-Werder.
    Schalke were dominant in the first half, but neither team was really critical in the first half. Neither goalkeeper was tested.
    Then in the 60th minute, Ozil runs past all of Schalke's defence and scores a beauty...in front of the German National Coach Low

A bit later, a pass into the box past all defenders by Ozil and Almeida quickly sprints to finish off Neuer.
    Basically those were the only action points since most of the game was played in Midfield. Wiese only had 1 save to made from a free-kick and he held it well.

Bayern were dominant throughout, from the little I saw. Hat-trick for Muller and the Bundesliga firmly in their grasp due to Schalke's loss.

The Dortmund match, I only saw about 2 minutes of it but it was very balanced and was not that entertaining.

Even though the Schalke-Werder match was VERY action-lacking, it was so tense and entertaining, knowing the high stakes for both teams. Both needed a win. And the atmosphere of the Valentins arena was just amazing. Sold out 61,000 capacity crowd all chanting even though their team was loosing. Quite impressive I might say

Ohh and as I already said, Low and his goalkeeper coach were watching the Schalke-Werder match from the stadium. Maybe a hint of Kuranyi/Frings return to the team? Maybe scouting for Neuer or Wiese? Who knows?
    i know exactly the type of game. good to know. yea i cant wait till we see who Löw is going to pick

Yeah, I couldn't recognise Bayern players from Bochum players. The kit is too white-based in my opinion.
    i saw a pic online of it. i have to agree i didnt regonise them till i noticed one of the players faces

---------------------------------------------------------------

I just saw the 2nd bundesliga tables, and Hansa Rostock possibly getting relegated to 3rd division. gotta say i find that shocking
    Last edited by pchalk; May 02, 2010 at 12:34 PM.

Yep, 2.Bundesliga table after Matchday 33

1) Kaiserslautern - 66 Points : Promoted
    2) FC St.Pauli - 64 Points : Promoted
    3) Augsburg - 61 Points : Playoffs
    4) Fortuna Düsseldorf - 56 Points
    5) Arminia Bielefeld * - 50 Points
    6) MSV Duisburg - 49 Points
    7) SC Paderborn 07 - 48 Points
    8) Karlsruher SC - 45 Points
    9) TSV München von 1860 - 45 Points