Thread: Voice2.DAT file help

Default Voice2.DAT file help

I am haveing some trouble installing RTW. The first time i tried it, i could not finish the instalation, I was on disk three. Then I found some patches and created three new disks and tried to use those. Unfortunatly they were in Itallian and I am not fluent in any other language other than English so i am out of luck there. Now i have new CDs from a friend and I ahve played the game, from those disks on his computer and they work fine, but when i try to instal them on my new computer, I am getter an Error Message that says "Error 1305.Error reading from file C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\sounds\Voice2.dat. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it." I have also tried to copy all of the files from the disks over into a folder on my desktop but halfway through the first disk i get a "cyclic redundancy check" error and the copying stops. Anyone know what is wrong???

Default Error 1305

I've got the same problem, so if you find out whats wrong please let me know as well. If I do I will let you know know.

Thanks

hi
    i have the same problem with the voice2.dat file- is it necessary to have the english version of windows xp- i have the hebrew one