Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unit Disapered

Default Unit Disapered

Hello, i try to work on the Beastmen, it is the first time i work with Milkshape and 3d models. Now i have make it after 3 days work and learning Tutorials about 3D Models, to make the Gorbows. They are ready, but one problem i have is the model disapered when i zoom in or go over the unit. I dont now what this is.
    Sorry for my english, i am german!!

http://www3.pic-upload.de/28.04.10/io2s5jmrrzre.jpg

Default Re: Unit Disapered

Make sure that the appearance ranges for the models and sprites are properly set in the modelbd for appearances. Alternatively, the skeletons should be correctly located? However, your picture shows the gors - I don't see what's the issue?

Try making a thread here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=274 (the general Modeling help forum) which yours falls under more than the bugs of the CoW or a submod.

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Bluthand View Post
    Hello, i try to work on the Beastmen, it is the first time i work with Milkshape and 3d models. Now i have make it after 3 days work and learning Tutorials about 3D Models, to make the Gorbows. They are ready, but one problem i have is the model disapered when i zoom in or go over the unit. I dont now what this is.
    Sorry for my english, i am german!!

http://www3.pic-upload.de/28.04.10/io2s5jmrrzre.jpg
    what animation you use for it? human bow? it work normal?

the edu entry

type Gorbow
    dictionary Gorbow ;
    category infantry
    class missile
    voice_type Heavy
    banner faction main_missile
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Gorbow, 70, 0, 1
    attributes sea_faring, hardy, hide_forest, free_upkeep_unit, mercenary_unit
    formation 1, 1, 2.4, 2.4, 8, horde
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 8, 1, arrowbs3, 230, 30, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, none, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 6, 3, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 1, 2, 3, flesh
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 0
    stat_ground 0, 0, 0, 0
    stat_mental 10, impetuous, untrained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 500, 100, 100, 100, 500, 6, 240
    armour_ug_levels 1
    armour_ug_models Gorbow
    ownership slave, egypt, Nord_culture
    recruit_priority_offset 40

and the modelDB entry

6 Gorbow
    1.2 4
    67 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Beast_chaos/Model/Gor/Gorbow_lod0.mesh 121
    67 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Beast_chaos/Model/Gor/Gorbow_lod0.mesh 900
    67 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Beast_chaos/Model/Gor/Gorbow_lod0.mesh 2500
    67 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Beast_chaos/Model/Gor/Gorbow_lod0.mesh 6400
    4 merc
    74 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Beast_chaos/Model/Gor/textures/Gorbow.texture
    78 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Beast_chaos/Model/Gor/textures/Gor_normal.texture
    33 unit_sprites/slave_gor_sprite.spr
    5 slave
    74 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Beast_chaos/Model/Gor/textures/Gorbow.texture
    78 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Beast_chaos/Model/Gor/textures/Gor_normal.texture
    33 unit_sprites/slave_gor_sprite.spr
    4 merc
    88 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Beast_chaos/Model/attachmentsets/Gorbow_attachments.texture
    93 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Beast_chaos/Model/attachmentsets/Gorbow_attachments_norm.texture 0
    5 slave
    88 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Beast_chaos/Model/attachmentsets/Gorbow_attachments.texture
    93 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Beast_chaos/Model/attachmentsets/Gorbow_attachments_norm.texture 0
    4 None
    11 MTW2_Bowman
    15 MTW2_Non_Shield 1
    19 MTW2_Bowman_Primary 1
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002

the problem is when i zoom to the unit the models in front disapered, when i zoom out they come back.

isilendil : yes bowman and it works, they shoot, take an arrow move and fight with the sword, the only what i have done whas , i take the weapons from the empire bowman an merge it with the gor_spear. Than i have make a new skin for the weapon and bring it in the correct position.
    Last edited by Bluthand; April 28, 2010 at 06:55 AM.

Can you show the exact point at which that occurs?

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

ok i make two screens 1 before ,and one after i move a little bit to the unit
    before
    http://www3.pic-upload.de/28.04.10/smsg2rtcn9fk.jpg

the model i the middle !!!

and after i move
    http://www3.pic-upload.de/28.04.10/dcnvaais8rqm.jpg

and here is a better picture, for the look what i mean
    http://www3.pic-upload.de/28.04.10/eqevf8xq3bpn.jpg
    Last edited by Bluthand; April 28, 2010 at 07:21 AM.

isilendil : yes bowman and it works, they shoot, take an arrow move and fight with the sword, the only what i have done whas , i take the weapons from the empire bowman an merge it with the gor_spear. Than i have make a new skin for the weapon and bring it in the correct position.
    legs looks normal in motion?

the problem is when i zoom to the unit the models in front disapered, when i zoom out they come back.
    ш know this bug, but i dont know solution, we have it with some units....

yes they move correct i think

ok when i find the problem i will give the answere

will you upload model/textures for 1.4?

yes here are the model/texture
    http://www.file-upload.net/download-...orbow.rar.html

and i found a error in the lock, i dont no about you can this, but this error gives a CTD

11:30:26.750 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt (from: D:\Programme\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    11:30:26.765 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 6125, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Intelligent) level(Intelligent).
    11:30:26.765 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 6126, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Intelligent) level(Intelligent_desc).
    11:30:26.765 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 6127, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Intelligent) level(Intelligent_effects_desc).

in export_descr_character_traits.txt there stand the (Intelligent) with 3 L ,thats all i think

Senator

try rerigging the model. i had this problem before, which mesh converter are you using?

i use the Mesh_2_Ms3d_beta_1_8 to convert the model

Senator

ah, yeah, i suggest getting the GOAT, i most of the tools you need in one. nothing wrong with mesh2ms3d but when you convert something back with mesh2ms3d that was converted before with GOAT you run into problems, that's when i first started getting the invisible unit problem. im about to check your model right to see if i can find any problems.

ok thank you, i will try the Goat, i hope this helps, than i can make the other models ,there are flying in my head :-)

Senator

no problem, i checked your model, only thing i saw was that your boundary spheres where all 0.0, i never seen boundary spheres with those numbers so i would change that to one similar to the gors. just open up the gors model and go to the comments section and copy and paste the numbers. make sure copy there is an empty line after the numbers.

the comments under Groups? i have copy and paste this comments from the Gor model

Senator

not the groups, the window where your scale, select, rotate and move buttons are at.

This one , yes now i see what you mean, i have forget this, now i have learn a little more. I try if this is the problem

Edit: I have try it and yes this is the Problem, i forget the comments under Model ther stand 0.0 and this whas the problem,

Thanks Saladin for your Support, now it works perfekt

http://www3.pic-upload.de/28.04.10/vow3vavqxrjh.jpg

but ,when i make a new Model, where i became this entrys?
    Last edited by Bluthand; April 28, 2010 at 10:55 AM.

Senator

if that doesnt work, try attaching all vertexes to pelvis, then save. see if the unit is visible then. If it is it should have jesus syndrome but be visible. if it's visible then go back and assign the vertexes to the correct joints. it should work after that. but if it doesn't, try redoing the whole model with GOAT only. you shouldnt have any problems then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast