Thread: The Great War - Help Needed.

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Default The Great War - Help Needed.

Hello,

As you may or may not be aware, my team and I have released an early phase WWI mod, The Great War. We are moving along very nicely with models, startpos, CAI, gameplay changes, etc..

However, our first set of textures is causing random CTDs. We are at a loss for what we maybe doing wrong. We would greatly appreciate any help anyone might be able to offer. The version of the mod that features the textures is 2.0 and is available for download in the mod's op.

For details, please either PM me or Magnum, or just post in the thread.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Great War - Help Needed.

I didn't see a download link in the first post of your mod thread. Is there one?

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Yes, it is there, at the bottom of the OP.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

Can you highlight the link or something because I am not seeing the link to your mod in the original post in that thread. It is hard to see links because of all the red and blue text in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    Hello,

As you may or may not be aware, my team and I have released an early phase WWI mod, The Great War. We are moving along very nicely with models, startpos, CAI, gameplay changes, etc..

However, our first set of textures is causing random CTDs. We are at a loss for what we maybe doing wrong. We would greatly appreciate any help anyone might be able to offer. The version of the mod that features the textures is 2.0 and is available for download in the mod's op.

Are they truly random or do they happen intermittently at a specific point in the game, e.g., sometimes the game will CTD during a battle.

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Hello,

I am completely dumb and stupid or there is not a link to download and check it
    please make it easier to find, so stupid and daft people like me can easily download it.
    "In hostem celerrime volant"

- Voloire -

Hello,

From my own experience I seem to recall that:

A) if it is a texture to unit issue it would normally not CTD but instead give you a placeholder for your unit. The problem is caused by either a table naming problem or a texture naming problem.
    B) if the game runs fine but you are getting wierd textures on your unit then it is an issue with the texture itself in how it was created. Recreate the texture and replace them in the problem pack.
    C) If the game campaign starts up fine but as soon as you hit the turn button it will CTD then it is usually either a table naming issue or an issue with the name of a specific unit.
    D) If the game won't load at all and CTDs before the main menu comes up then it could be a range of things including what I mentioned before. Check each table and make sure there are not spelling errors in the unit names and make sure there are no blank lines in any of the tables. Something that simple will CTD a mod.
    E) I also learned that if you created an entry for a new region in the region_unit_resources table that region needs to be added to your startpos. If you created a region in that table and added it to the startpos and then later deleted or renamed that new region from the region_unit_resources table you need to delete/rename it from the startpos also or else CTD.
    F) Check your startpos and make sure that it's type is NOT set to mod or release.

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

I cannot download your mod hence not tested it.
    What I experienced is when some texture are not referenced in atlas, NapoleonTW uniteditor succeded anyway in building unit, loading missed texture not from atlas but from unitparts. It could be done only for a little number of error, I never experienced success for more then two missing texture errors.
    If such kind of errors are more then one or two I always experienced CTDs in Battle loading screen.
    Check if all same prefix unit_variant texture are in same prefix set of atlas and dds.

- Voloire -

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

There are 2 references in uniform to faction colours for russian musketeers, one for each of the two tables, did you try to delete one?

- Voloire -